“worth the money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kirksville
fulton, mo
“worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2006

We are non-smokers but the only available room was smoking. The staff ozoned the room for us while we were out. Upon return a lot of the odor was gone. We had a king bed, it was a little too firm for us but we made do. It was clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast adequate. For $51.00 a night, senior rate, no complaints.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Omaha, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2006

I wish to give a comment about this hotel. My daughter and I were staying at this hotel in order to visit the local university in the morning. Her appointment at the university was at 8:30am Saturday the 23rd. The next morning we awoke at 7:00am to get ready for our day. While my daughter was using the blow dryer the electricity went out in the room. At this time you could see nothing in the room, completely dark. We both had wet hair, no clothes on, no makeup. I immediately called down to the front desk and told them what had happened. The response I got was from a male "I have no solution for that problem". I told him and her (there was a woman there as well) that certainly a circuit breaker had blown and all they needed to do was push it back. They told me they didn't know where they were. I asked if they could please hurry and find out because we couldn't get dressed in the dark, our hair was wet and we had an appt we had to get to.

Ten minutes went by and I heard nothing. I called back down and they told me that they couldn't reach the general manager and didn't know what to do. I just couldn't believe that these two clerks were not trained to know where the circuit breakers were! They said they were trying to get a hold of the maintenance supervisor. I asked if we could please be let in another room to dry our hair and dress. They said that no, all rooms were full. Now I had seen numerous carloads of people leaving in the parking lot so I know people had checked out, I told them we didn't care if the room had not yet been cleaned, we just needed to be able to dry our hair, they said no. There was no feeling of sympathy or any apology, no sense of urgency from either person.

A few minutes later I started down the hallway to the front lobby, at this point I was angry and wanted to speak to them in person. I met a young man coming towards me in the hall. He said he had spoken to the maintenance man who told him where the circuit breaker was and he was going to hit it. As it was the breaker was right outside our room! A little search clearly would have indicated where it was. He hit the breaker and the electricity went back on.

By this time a half an hour had elapsed, it was 8:30 and we were late for our appt. We quickly dried our hair, threw on some makeup and my daughter started loading the car while I went down to check out. I had to check out because there was a $1.00 safe charge that was put on our bill which we needed removed. When I got downstairs there wasn't anyone at the desk. A woman was over in the dining area but she wouldn't look over to the desk. I waited about a minute before I finally asked her to come over and check me out. She took her time finishing what she was doing and then strolled over. I told her that we were late and could she please hurry. At that point she stopped what she was doing, looked at me and said "I don't need any attitude from you". I told her that we were very late for an appt and I really needed her to hurry. She just stopped what she was doing and refused to help me until I changed my attitude. No apology for the hassle, no desire to help me out, etc.

She began to check me out but then stopped and said she didn't have some code she needed and couldn't take the $1.00 charge off. At that point I just said forget it and left! As I left the lobby she was saying some abrasive things to me, quite nasty. I believe her name was Connie.

This hotel is obviously not service oriented, hires staff without training and also hires staff that is uneducated and crude. It also does not have the electrical standards necessary for a safe hotel stay. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Thank you.

Stayed September 2006

Been to Super 8 Kirksville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Kirksville

Address: 1101 Country Club Dr., Kirksville, MO 63501
Location: United States > Missouri > Kirksville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kirksville
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Kirksville 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Super 8 Kirksville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Kirksville Hotel Kirksville
Super Eight Kirksville
Kirksville Super Eight
Kirksville Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Kirksville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.