“Welcome to 1968! And I mean that in a good way!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kirksville
Minnesota
“Welcome to 1968! And I mean that in a good way!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We usually stay in 3 star or above hotels, so this was an adventure for us. We like to find unique hotels once in awhile, and the Knights Inn didn't disappoint us. It's a very nostalgic hotel. It still even had the 1950's pink bathroom fixtures (our friends' room had aqua!). Rooms were huge! They had both a front and back door, which we opened both to air it out when we first got there as, yes, it was a little musty. The bed was firm, but very comfortable and the sheets and towels were clean and fresh. The room itself was obviously old, but updating would have taken away the charm of the motel. It did, however, have wi-fi, which was a nice surprise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I used stay in this hotel when it was the Shamrock and I had a much better experience then. When my parents and I checked in the lady was saying that our room was for two people. My mom had brought her confirmation sheet which stated three people. The lady continued to argue with my mom about it and tried charging her extra. My mom does not take any crap from anyone. The lady did not charge us for it.
As we were driving in we noticed several large sheets of plastic were on parts of the roof. Our room ended up being under one of those big pieces of plastic. We asked if the room was going to leak and she stated that it was not going to. She stated that some of the shingles were peeling away.
The room was relatively clean. They advertised that they had HBO and we went to try it and it was not working. They guy was able to switch out the TV at midnight. Some of theus rooms had coffee pots and others didnt. The breakfast was not even breakfast. Cereal, pre packaged muffins and honey buns.
Another issue I had personally was the God Bless Sign in the lobby.
I will not being staying here next year for my family reunion.

• Stayed June 2013
Topeka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is an older motel, but scrupulously clean, and the price is incredible for the area. Each room has a door onto the parking lot AND to an interior courtyard. This was very useful for a person with limited mobility! If you need everything up to date and recently remodeled, this is a motel you will be very disappointed in, but if an inexpensive but safe and clean room is your need, this motel can fill that need.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Knights Inn Kirksville is a very roomy, well managed and affordable place to stay. Even on one of the busiest weekends of the year (Graduation Day at TSU), the management and staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and enjoyable. Our double queen, non-smoking room was clean, spacious, well-equipped (both microwave & refrig) and comfortable. A small but adequate continental breakfast started at 6:00 am. The motel's location only a few blocks south of the Truman State Campus is a real plus.

Room Tip: There is only one ADA configured room so if you need that, be sure to reserve early.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

First, we reserved our reservations two months early, quoted $111 for two nights, when we got there it was $189 because it was the first weekend of "hunting season". Wouldn't honor what they quoted, didn't even accept AARP discount that they promised. Then to our room....what an electrical nightmare! Heat didn't work (thank goodness it was a pleasant weekend where it wasn't needed) both end table lights fell apart when you pulled the cords to turn on the light, wires were hanging out of the baseboard heaters . . . . the GFI outlet next to the sink stated it was not grounded . . . you stood in about 3 inches of water when you were done with your shower. Internet connection keep dropping you, searching for signal, I was afraid I might pick up a virus from them, so I unplugged my laptop and put it back in our vehicle. If it wasn't for the wedding we were attending, we would have driven the 44 miles to get another hotel. They had us over a barrell and they knew it. Very unfriendly people, we ended up having a verbal match with them upon departure. Would I ever stay here again? NO!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Everything else was full, so we stayed at the Knight's Inn for one night while visiting in Kirksville. The staff unfriendly, to say the least, and the room was terrible. I hadn't been updated in several decades, and the mattresses were sagging and uncomfortable. The room was clean, however. Next time I would drive the 3 hours back home to St. Louis before staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stay in budget priced hotels about 100 nights per year and on occassion I find what i consider to be "gems". This hotel is on an older style with all the rooms on one floor which I prefer. My room was very large by today's standards, very clean and even had two desks for me to work off. There were plenty of electrical outlets and a very comfortable sitting chair from which to watch TV. The room had a large dressing area, separate from the shower and toilet area which would probably be perfect for couples or larger groups. There was a back door that opened onto a large play area that lead to the pool. The area was very quite, but convenient to a very good restaurant that served a very early breakfast. Internet connection was excellent and very fast. I especially liked being able to park my vehicle directly in front of my room but there was additional areas for trailers or larger vehicles if necessary. I found the hotel to be a great value for my dollar and would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room 121
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Kirksville? Share your experiences!