“Basic and worn. ” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kearney
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Basic and worn. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Pretty basic low quality place. Staff ok. Room was clean and tidy but furnishings were old and threadbare. Really had a bad feel. Seems like owners sucking as much out of the place they can. Needs a major refurbishing as if that might help. It was priced appropriate: low. I would try to find something better in the area. The bright spot was Gino's Italian restaurant nearby.

Stayed October 2013
Natalie223, Manager at Comfort Inn Kearney, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry your room was not as nice as you expected. We are currently in the process of renovating our hotel. We have replaced the carpet and painted the entire hotel. We will be getting new bedding very soon. I hope you consider coming back the next time you are in town to see our changes.

Natalie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bloomington, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Okay, so let's get the background done first. We travel, a lot. Sometimes 25 weeks a year. We stay in all kinds of places and all we ever want is a clean, comfortable place to sleep.
This Comfort Inn just might be the worst example this usually reliable chain offers. It is a pretty new place but that doesn't excuse a toilet that runs all night, a HVAC that doesn't work and a second floor window with no screen.
At best this place is awful and you should consider sleeping in your truck rather than staying here.
It gets better..a Sonic drive in is going up virtually in the parking lot..that will make for a very restful night..

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
gmmo223, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Kearney, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Interested Marine,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. I want to apologize for the things that went wrong during your stay. I am very sorry the toilet ran all night and I’m also very sorry the HVAC was not working in your room. Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

We have recently replaced the flappers and fill valves in all our toilet tanks, so all of the toilets should now be working properly. We have also checked all the HVAC units to make sure they are also working. We will get a screen for that window and make sure all windows have a screen. I want you to know the safety of our guest is very important to us. The Sonic next door is currently being rebuilt during day light hours. I am sorry that they woke you. I think they will be finished in two weeks.

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and hope you consider coming back the next time you are in town.

Natalie

Travelers are raving about these Kearney hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very Helpful Staff...Went Out Of TheiR Way To Accommodate Our Large GRoup. Great Complimentary Breakfast. Very clean. I Would Definately Recomend This Hotel To others. Thank You For MakIng This Trip Possoble.

• Stayed July 2013
Rochester Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My first clue should have been the ten minute wait at the front desk for the clerk to appear to check me in. Room was adequate, with a decent king bed and a stain on the comforter. Toilet appeared as f it hadn't been cleaned properly in some time, with rust stains at the bottom. Walls are paper thin and the clientele rud and noisy. Banging doors and shouting in the halls all night long. But the capper was the rainstorm inside the bathroom, with water pouring from the overhead fixture onto the floor at 6AM. I notified the desk attendant but she said there was no one there to fix it. I put n my clothes and checked out early after a poor night's sleep and complaining in person to the front desk. I would NOT recommend this hotel unless ou are desperate.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We requested lower level which was a mistake at this property unless you enjoy hearing the footsteps of the people above you and waking to the sound of someone falling out of bed and a early morning bathroom visit. We requested the following morning to be moved to the top floor and all that was available was a king room. They were able to accommodate our need for a rollaway. The new room had newer carpet and a air conditioner that worked unlike the room we started out in. Although we were told when we left for the day, the rollaway would be delivered to our room it was still not there when we returned at 11pm. We had to request it again. The next evening, we returned after being gone all day with our 1 yr old grandson. We asked for a crib and it was brought up promptly which I appreciated. However, getting the little one ready for bed after a nice bath I pull back the covers on the king bed only to find a waded up washcloth, that was not there when we left that morning and under that washcloth I was sickened to see mouse droppings. The very sweet night clerk brought up new bedding and was very
apologetic and offered a room rate adjustment. If it was not for us being so tired and having our grand baby with us we would have moved that night to different hotel. The next morning, breakfast was very limited even at 8am, no decent fresh fruit, no yogurt, no eggs. I brought up what breakfast we did have to the room on a tray only to find that dirty tray still in the room along with other trash we had discarded when we returned at 11pm after a full day of being with family. Never have I had such a horrible experience with a hotel. I would not recommend this hotel for any reason. Hallways were musty smelling, and if you
expect a smoke free environment forget it. I fully plan to write to ChoiceHotels for further compensation in this 4 night stay at the property. Sorry a discount of only $50 is not enough to make up for the dissatisfaction. Location was the only advantage for us. Close to the family event we were there for and close enough to the interstate for easy access.

• Stayed July 2013
Orlando, FL and Oberaudorf, DE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Comfort Inn was definitely UNCOMFORTABLE: dark desk area, smelly hallways, and a brawl in the middle of the afternoon! With a desk clerk that seemed "removed" from what was going on, I hid in my room while a hysterical woman roamed the halls, after screaming and yelling came from her room. I heard men screaming, threatening her, etc. NOT a great way to take a nap, while awaiting the rest of my associates from their work and travels. When I finally emerged from my room, a man was sitting against the door of said room, and grinned at me! Very wierd! I went to the lobby, told the said clerk what was going on, and he and his female associate told me he was only sitting there charging his phone. When I asked to print my boarding pass, I was told because there was no printer set up fpr the customers' computer, I needed to go to the library the next day after nine o'clock. (I was leaving very early.) So, forget the UNCOMFORTABLE Inn.......................

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hastings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this Comfort Inn. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and she was very helpful. She gave us directions to the local pizza place. We would stay there again. We are Choice Members and so they let us have a late check out, which was very helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Kearney? Share your experiences!