“As advertised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Denver, Colorado
“As advertised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This a basic Marriott Courtyard on the south side of Kansas City Mo and just off I 435 in a mixed residential/office neighborhood. The amenities are what you'd expect from a Courtyard and the location gives you easy access to most of the KCMO area. The mixed neighborhood is quiet and the rooms facing the inner courtyard area are very quiet. There really is nothing exemplary about the property. It is a good solid and comfortable choice for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the parking lot side are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments on our hotel, I am glad your enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again n your next trip to Kansas City.

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I really liked this hotel and will be back in the future. It is a quiet neighborhood in a decent (not great) location. It is in an ok neighborhood near the interstate. I loved the beds although the pillows were rather flimsy. Had 1 eliptical and 2 treadmills with cardio theatre and some free weights for a more than adequate exercise room.
Front desk was great and super friendly. Room was very contemporary and nice.
My only complaint was the slow restaurant. I wish they had a breakfast buffet like res. inn but they instead have a very slow ala carte service. Food is good but it is just too slow to be worth it. If I go in the future I am not going to take a rate with breakfast but just eat out instead. SLOW..... I don't blame the workers - just the concept doesn't work for as many people as they have in the morning. Overall though it is a good value for the price paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am please to hear you enjoyed your stay with the exception of the slow service in the restaurant. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and appreciate comments such as yours so we can improve. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Kansas City.

Temecula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I struggle with rating this hotel because it actually does pretty good at what it strives to be, a budget hotel with limited amenities.

Pros:
The hotel was very clean and neat. It looked recently updated and inviting.
The rooms look upgraded and had coffee makers and irons in the room.
The TV worked well.
The wireless internet is free and speed was acceptable until it went completely down.
The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Cons:
No refridgerator, microwave or in-room safe.
The mattress was too soft.
The location is terrible. It is not in walking distance to any restaurants or shops.
While I see other reviewers thought the food was good, I thought is was bad, microwaved food from a very limited menu. Since you can't walk anywhere to eat, this is really a shame and probably why I will not stay there again. The serving staff were very friendly but it can't overcome the food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our hotel, I understand your frustration that we are in a location that is not within walking distance to restaurants / shopping, however we do offer a complinentary shuttle service to restauarants & shopping in the area. We do hope you will stay with us on your next trip.

SIncercerly,

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you are a solo traveler, it's probably not worth it to pay the extra for a room + breakfast, but if you're a couple, it definitely saves you money. I've eaten at quite a few hotel's "hot breakfast" bars and this one is by far the best because it's restaurant-style, cook-to-order breakfast. Very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel, as well as the food in the Bistro. The entire staff looks forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kansas City.
Reading UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard for three days on a business trip. This was my third stay this year and the quality of service has been consistent and of a very good standard. The room was a good size and well furnished. The breakfast service was a little manic but the staff tried hard to please. My only issue is that the location is a little remote and there are no restuarant facilities or room service available so eating out is the only option.

Room Tip: I find that rooms on a higher floor are quieter than most.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We are very pleased you have stayed several times this year and hope to see you again in the future. The Bistro just recently started offering the Bistro to Go option, you can conveniently place your order over the phone and pick it up to go. Thank you for choosing our hotel when you stay in Kansas City we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Goddard, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed recently after going to a Royals game. It was a very reasonable rate purchasing through the Marriott website and using our AAA card got us a small discount. I was already happy with the price, but asked for a room with a fridge for milk for our one year old, or an upgrade to a suite if any were available. My wife is a Marriott rewards member so I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but we were upgraded to a suite for the price of a regular room. The front desk was very friendly and I was very pleased with the service.

I was very happy with the size and comfort of the room. Both rooms had a 32" LG flatscreen tv with decent channels. The room decor was modern and comfortable. Our room had both a microwave and tv. Our bed was comfortable and it was great to have a separate room from our son as he is a light sleeper.

We did not use the pool or hot tub but we could see it from our room. The view of the courtyard was also nice. The lobby was nicely decorated and modern. We felt safe at all times and it was very close off of I-435.

We enjoyed our stay and I will definitely consider staying here again when in Kansas City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Kansas City.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I too travel a lot and had the chance to stay here. Very nice welcome and clean room that is decorated nice.
Nice bistro with breakfast etc. serve Starbucks coffee but they have free coffee in the lobby in the morning as well.
Would stay here again with no second thoughts!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your cooments about our hotel, I am glad to see you enjoyed the hotel during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kansas City.

Kelly Kuns

Been to Courtyard Kansas City South? Share your experiences!