“Better Than Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Grayslake, Illinois
“Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here recently as part of our annual baseball trip. This was my first experience in a Drury Inn and was pretty happy with it overall. There really wasn't anything bad about the hotel as a whole, but there was some interesting items. The first item that I found interesting was the room furnishings. Though very comfortable, the furniture looked like it came straight out of the 70s. Along those same lines, the elevators were a little old but still worked very well. I never had to wait on an elevator. To make up for these quirks the Drury did several things very well. First, their location next to the Kaufman Stadium was excellent. It was just a short walk to the stadium and the stadium offered golf cart transportation for those that could not make the walk up the hill to the hotel. Second, the dining was amazing for a hotel. They offer free breakfast that is both plentiful and good and they offer free food in the evenings that is simple, but good. This is very hard to find in today's world and was a nice perk to staying here. All in all I would stay here again if I was in town for a Royals or Chiefs game. Well done.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Springfield, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with out stay at this hotel. Our room was perfect in the fact that it was very clean and it was interesting to see the shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel dispensers in the shower. The hotel appeared to have been updated since our last stay a few years ago. The complimentery a.m. and p.m. meals in the lobby area were a welcome money saver and the free pop and popcorn in the afternoon also hit the spot ( the alcohol after 5;30 also was enjoyed). Plenty of free parking, too. My only negative is that the excercise room needs to be bigger, a hot tub, and possibly make the pool area enclosed. Overall, those negatives are minor and It will not prevent me staying at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side can see the stadiums. Be aware that you will hear the sounds of the intersta...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Riverside, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Check-in was friendly and attentive. The room was well lit, with modern décor and comfortable chairs. Temperature control worked well and was quiet. We couldn't fit our suitcase in the small closet. We had a mini-fridge (no freezer) and a small microwave. There was a small sink area outside of a small toilet/shower room. The shower head was good and we had plenty of hot water. The sagging bed made sleep somewhat difficult. We enjoyed the free popcorn and soda in the evening, and the excellent hot breakfast with fluffy eggs, a large variety of items, and good service. We also used the guest laundry, which consisted of just one washer and one dryer, so we had to wait behind other guests.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is walking distance to the stadiums, which we came to town for a royals game. the beds are very comfortable. We got a good nite sleep. The free breakfast is decent, as the dinner is too, But remember it comes with the price of the room, so it's good for family's. adult travelers, I suggest you go out to breakfast, and dinner. The staff is really, really good! Lisa, and Rhonda, were on top of things. very helpful, happy too. the young lady in the morning breakfast cleaning tables was super friendly too. Parking is free. They have some package deals for games, worth checking out if you like going to games. I would come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We always stay at a Drury if possible so we specifically chose one for our trip to KC. We really enjoy the free breakfast and the 5:30pm Kickback. These amenities make it so nice when you are traveling with children. This particular Drury is a little older and could use a remodel, but the staff was fantastic and our stay was awesome as usual. Great access to area attractions!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hillsborough, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I rate this property as "poor" because it is a Drury. In general, I have found Drury Inns to be a terrific place to stop-over on the road. While this one has been updated a bit (there are lots and lots of electrical outlets for all the gadgets we travel with nowadays,) it is a bit worn and down at the heels, especially the bathrooms. It also can be noisy. You can hear all the conversations in the hall, and you can hear footsteps in the room above yours. It simply does not come up to the standard I expect for Drury and it's price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is my first stay at a Drury Inn property and I wasn't very disappointed. I was disappointed that they didn't seem to have any central locations in the area, but it's perfectly fine if you're visiting the stadium or stopping over during a road trip. The staff was friendly, the room was clean...that's usually all I ask for. In this particular case, the parking lot seemed very sketchy to me and I went back down to my car 4 times to make sure I took everything out. I rarely feel that way anywhere.

My biggest complaint is that my room smelled so strongly of cigarette smoke, but apparently this was common in each room even though there are designated nonsmoking rooms. It's an odor that I personally hate, so I can't stand being stuck in it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium? Share your experiences!