“Someone is NOT doing their job here!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #86 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Sachse, Texas, United States
“Someone is NOT doing their job here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I seriously doubt they clean rooms between guests in this place. Bar of half used soap in shower. No supplies, like shampoo, soap, or even drinking glasses available. Front outdoor area used for social/smoking spot for the employees and some of the guests. No one inside at desk but sitting out there smoking. No matter how cheap it is.....this place is NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that your room was not properly stocked upon arrival. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing with ensuring every room is properly stocked and inspected before guest check-in. I apologize that it was not communicated to you during check-in that toiletry items are available for guest at the front desk.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at kcs@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Claremore, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Upon arrival at 1:30 in the morning (I called early in the evening to report a late arrival) it was easy to notice that this hotel was in bad need of a scrubbing. It was very dirty! We were greeted by a desk clerk who appeared to know very little about his job and took a very long time to give us our room keys. Upon exiting the elevator there appeared to be a party in a room and it sounded like 10-15 people in the room. As we entered our room I noticed the tv was on and a purse with other personal items on the bed.....he gave us keys to someone else's room! I reported this to him and after another long period he gave us keys to another room. Once we entered this room, I noted that it was not clean, the bed was stripped and the bathroom stool was....well....dirty. I went back down to the clerk and reported the situation. Again, he took a long period of time and gave us keys to another room. I asked him to accompany us to this room to hear the noise out of the elevator and to ensure that this room was clean and ready to go. Well, it was clean...but both beds were stripped and not ready for use. I asked him to get us sheets, pillow cases and bedcovers. He returned with two sacks. Once opened, they only contained bed covers....no sheets or pillow cases. I sent him down again for sheets/pillow cases and he finally returned, past the loud room, with the correct items. We did not get into bed until 2:45 am due to this ordeal. The party down the hall continued until 4:00 am. This hotel was filthy! It was booked through Hotwire and I have recommended to hotwire to remove this hotel from this list as it will reduce business since you do not know what hotel you are assigned until booked. Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had two rooms reserved. Here's what wasn't in the rooms when we checked in:
Phone, soap, shampoo, towels, a coffee-grounds basket for the coffee maker, coffee and condiments, cups, toilet paper, tissue. No hangers, and no rack to set suitcase on. One room had no phone.
Carpets in hallways were filthy; a piece of dental floss was on the carpet for the two days I was stuck there before I move to another hotel. We found an old room key from a former resident on the floor of our room so obviously they're not cleaning. Tub is filthy. There's a smear on the wall of God knows what and a dead insect. The pneumatic door closure is broken and there is a space between the drywall and the door jamb. The kitchen counter has a couple of big dings. I included pictures of these. The whole hotel reeks of cigarette smoke and who knows what else.

When my 88-year-old mother realized we had to spend the night here, she started crying. This hotel is being run by a slum lord. I wouldn't let any children get near it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I was disheartened to read that your room did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is changing the way we prepare rooms for our guest. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at kcs@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Courtyard Marriott next door overbooked and cancelled my reservation, even though I am a Platinum member. They sent me to Extended Stay for the night. Every hotel in the KC area was booked, so I had no choice. The exterior and check in desk of the Extended Stay were filthy. I understand that I was a last minute accommodation, and that Extended Stay was actually doing Marriott a favor. However, the check in desk had ZERO customer service and I was treated as an annoyance. I was placed in a room that was dirty, and the sheets were unwashed. When I called downstairs to move, the person at the front desk interrogated me as to why I thought the room was dirty and deserved a change. Finally, I was moved into a second room. This one was cleaner, but had no towels or soap. I had to call down to ask, and again, was treated like an annoyance. I will never be staying at the Extended Stay or the Marriott Courtyard in South Kansas City again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the customer service and cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with the entire staff. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at kcs@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great stay, Great employees and staff and Great Price. I've stayed here about 3 or 4 times and everyone has been really nice and helpful. It's in a great area with easy access to the highway and everything is close by. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of the staff for making this past visit for you at our hotel, and the three or four others, exceptional. As well, it is great to know that you continue to find our location convenient, close to the highway and other establishments in the area.

Brighton, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a pleasant check-in. The room was fairly clean except behind the door which looked like it hadn't been swept for a long time. Not sure if the floor had been vacuumed. We also found that the pan in the cabinet had oatmeal/cream of wheat all over it. This had to be soaked and scrubbed three times. I must have a recliner to sleep in and the staff had one moved into our room before we arrived. The staff was cooperative and friendly with our requests and a billing issue. This stay was a much pleasanter experience than the stay at Extended Stay in Springfield, MO last year. We enjoy the accommodations.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the second floor, on the south side, and had no problems with noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about your check in process. However, I am very sorry that the cleanliness was not up to standard. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will provide inspections on all aspects of the guest rooms to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kcs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area and look forward to your return visit.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've stayed in many Extended Stay America hotels. Never before had these type of problems. I had ants on my night stand & my bed. They could not assist me because proper staff wasn't availible, so I had to wait until they opened the lobby to find out I couldn't get another room because they where booked and it wasn't anything else they can do for me besides give me a can of spray. Luckly a worker walked up and he did it. but after they sprayed it was still ants in my bed. I had a horrible weekend there. I'm still jumping out of my skin do to me being scared of bugs & knowing they were in the bed...

I had booked 2 rooms and my other room didn't have a shower head that worked & my room door was broke. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure your hotel has 24/7 customer service...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards and the shower was not working properly in your bathroom Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we are working to eliminate the cleanliness issues and repair the shower as needed.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at kcs@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South? Share your experiences!