“Horrible and dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
omaha ne
“Horrible and dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

When i first checked in they put me in a room that wasnt cleaned yet. The hotel clerk told me the housekeeper said she cleaned it but did not. I went in the room and there was used towels on the floor and dirty dishes in the sink. I was moved to a different room. This room had a damp mildew smelling bedspread on it and there was pubic hair on the toilet seat. There was a layer of dirt on top of the refrigerator. I had to clean and disinfect my own room. I gave the bedspread to the housekeeper and she said they didnt have any more clean bedspreads so she would have to wash this one. I had to call the front desk at 1230AM(I checked in at 3pm) to ask for my bedspread. I was told it was STILL drying and they would bring it up when it was dry. My air in my room never became cold. In the morning i woke up to a hot room and the entire carpet in front of the air conditioner was soaked. I told the front desk and was told that the air condenser had froze up and i needed to move rooms for the 3rd time. I moved to the new room and had to disinfect as usual because i dont trust this place. My key card didnt work at least 5 times and had to be reprogrammed. I asked for new clean towels and was told there wasnt any clean WTF??? I contacted the hotel manager Whitney -- and was told i would only recieve a free night gift certificate. This place is terrible keep ur $ in your pocket and stay elsewhere!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed here for a couple of months for a job relocation. This place sucks. Half of the things don't work. Called maintenance on a non-working shower, windows don't close all the way, deadbolt didn't work, 2 of 4 washing machines and 2 out of 6 dryers were out of order the entire 2 months. Stupid lazy housekeeping staff,rude stupid frontdesk clerk (short dumpy blonde girl), No staff between 11 PM and7 AM, you are out of luck if you need anything. Beds hard with no support. Spend the extra money and stay at the Mariott next door.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This was our first experience at this brand. The web pictures do not match the reality. The front desk people were kind, but the physical room and cleanliness were far below expectations. You get what you pay for but we wanted a week or two at one property and thought this would be more like a suite. The bed was like a rock, the bathroom floor was filthy, the fixtures and appliances just came out of the Libyan revolt, the room smelled bad, the door had to be lifted/jarred to close the deadbolt, the towels are nasty, and the bed linens too. Just creepy. We checked out after just one night. Need I say more? When the desk clerk shared a story about a person stealing everything out of a room I wondered what type of clientelle were attracted to this type of property. Bottom line: spend more money unless you don't have it. If you don't, bring your own sheets, towels, and lysol.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

Needed a room for the night - but learned nearly the whole area was booked for a NASCAR event! Hotels. Com found this for me - & it had decent "satisfaction" score; kind of irrelevant - it was all that was left for under $100...!

Room stank (cigarette smoke), but can't complain, because I had no option there - it was only room available. Mattress was a joke - pillows were terribly flat & uncomfortable. Sheets were clean, but obviously old. Furniture old & damaged. Did have a small kitchenette - but barely anything to cook with (not important in my case however). NO ice machine. I was told it was because I had an I e tray in the freezer. I said, 'it's empty' - & was told that was for sanitary reasons. So I said, 'so, if I want ice NOW, I am out of luck?' "Yes", she said. So, if you have time to fill the (ONE) tray & wait for it to freeze, I guess you're okay!

Pretty clean, overall - no bedbugs either, so I guess that's a plus.
Desk clerk was not very friendly or solicitous, but not rude either.

At any rate, ok for my situation, but I wouldnt stay here if I have other options.

• Stayed October 2011
Sand Springs Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while in town, and found the location convenient although I missed the turn the first time(small sign along Holmes road).
The room was clean and quiet with plenty of room and two tables and a recliner. Everything worked but there is no hair dryer in the room, nor is there shampoo and conditioner. Must bring your own. I never found an ice machine, and there is only one ice tray in the freezer, so if you are a heavy ice user, you may need to buy some. I paid $35/night through Priceline and felt it was a good value overall for the money.
If you use the stairs in the morning, be carefull. They had mopped them, but did not put up any wet floor signs, and they were slick!

Columbia, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2005

My family and I made reservations at this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area. You get what you pay for. The location was ideal for our needs, yet my comfort was more than compromised. The room was supposed to be non-smoking. Not only was there a stale smoker smell in the room as you walked in, but also the bedding reeked. The pillows were flat as pancakes. The bed was as hard as a rock. This hotel caters toward those on week long business trips. How could you sleep for a week on this bed.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South? Share your experiences!