“awful rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Madison, Wisconsin
“awful rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This was our first experience at this brand. The web pictures do not match the reality. The front desk people were kind, but the physical room and cleanliness were far below expectations. You get what you pay for but we wanted a week or two at one property and thought this would be more like a suite. The bed was like a rock, the bathroom floor was filthy, the fixtures and appliances just came out of the Libyan revolt, the room smelled bad, the door had to be lifted/jarred to close the deadbolt, the towels are nasty, and the bed linens too. Just creepy. We checked out after just one night. Need I say more? When the desk clerk shared a story about a person stealing everything out of a room I wondered what type of clientelle were attracted to this type of property. Bottom line: spend more money unless you don't have it. If you don't, bring your own sheets, towels, and lysol.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

Needed a room for the night - but learned nearly the whole area was booked for a NASCAR event! Hotels. Com found this for me - & it had decent "satisfaction" score; kind of irrelevant - it was all that was left for under $100...!

Room stank (cigarette smoke), but can't complain, because I had no option there - it was only room available. Mattress was a joke - pillows were terribly flat & uncomfortable. Sheets were clean, but obviously old. Furniture old & damaged. Did have a small kitchenette - but barely anything to cook with (not important in my case however). NO ice machine. I was told it was because I had an I e tray in the freezer. I said, 'it's empty' - & was told that was for sanitary reasons. So I said, 'so, if I want ice NOW, I am out of luck?' "Yes", she said. So, if you have time to fill the (ONE) tray & wait for it to freeze, I guess you're okay!

Pretty clean, overall - no bedbugs either, so I guess that's a plus.
Desk clerk was not very friendly or solicitous, but not rude either.

At any rate, ok for my situation, but I wouldnt stay here if I have other options.

• Stayed October 2011
Sand Springs Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while in town, and found the location convenient although I missed the turn the first time(small sign along Holmes road).
The room was clean and quiet with plenty of room and two tables and a recliner. Everything worked but there is no hair dryer in the room, nor is there shampoo and conditioner. Must bring your own. I never found an ice machine, and there is only one ice tray in the freezer, so if you are a heavy ice user, you may need to buy some. I paid $35/night through Priceline and felt it was a good value overall for the money.
If you use the stairs in the morning, be carefull. They had mopped them, but did not put up any wet floor signs, and they were slick!

Columbia, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2005

My family and I made reservations at this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area. You get what you pay for. The location was ideal for our needs, yet my comfort was more than compromised. The room was supposed to be non-smoking. Not only was there a stale smoker smell in the room as you walked in, but also the bedding reeked. The pillows were flat as pancakes. The bed was as hard as a rock. This hotel caters toward those on week long business trips. How could you sleep for a week on this bed.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South

Address: 550 East 105th St, Kansas City, MO 64131
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Ranked #85 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Kansas City
Kansas City Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.