“If you just needs cheap night's sleep, probably okay.” 2 of 5 stars

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 East 105th St, Kansas City, MO 64131   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“If you just needs cheap night's sleep, probably okay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Needed a room for the night - but learned nearly the whole area was booked for a NASCAR event! Hotels. Com found this for me - & it had decent "satisfaction" score; kind of irrelevant - it was all that was left for under $100...!

Room stank (cigarette smoke), but can't complain, because I had no option there - it was only room available. Mattress was a joke - pillows were terribly flat & uncomfortable. Sheets were clean, but obviously old. Furniture old & damaged. Did have a small kitchenette - but barely anything to cook with (not important in my case however). NO ice machine. I was told it was because I had an I e tray in the freezer. I said, 'it's empty' - & was told that was for sanitary reasons. So I said, 'so, if I want ice NOW, I am out of luck?' "Yes", she said. So, if you have time to fill the (ONE) tray & wait for it to freeze, I guess you're okay!

Pretty clean, overall - no bedbugs either, so I guess that's a plus.
Desk clerk was not very friendly or solicitous, but not rude either.

At any rate, ok for my situation, but I wouldnt stay here if I have other options.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sand Springs Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while in town, and found the location convenient although I missed the turn the first time(small sign along Holmes road).
The room was clean and quiet with plenty of room and two tables and a recliner. Everything worked but there is no hair dryer in the room, nor is there shampoo and conditioner. Must bring your own. I never found an ice machine, and there is only one ice tray in the freezer, so if you are a heavy ice user, you may need to buy some. I paid $35/night through Priceline and felt it was a good value overall for the money.
If you use the stairs in the morning, be carefull. They had mopped them, but did not put up any wet floor signs, and they were slick!

Columbia, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2005

My family and I made reservations at this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area. You get what you pay for. The location was ideal for our needs, yet my comfort was more than compromised. The room was supposed to be non-smoking. Not only was there a stale smoker smell in the room as you walked in, but also the bedding reeked. The pillows were flat as pancakes. The bed was as hard as a rock. This hotel caters toward those on week long business trips. How could you sleep for a week on this bed.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South

Address: 550 East 105th St, Kansas City, MO 64131
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Ranked #91 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Kansas City
Kansas City Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.