“Nice rooms but STAY away from the breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11130 Ambassador Drive, Ambassador Dr & 112 Street, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
“Nice rooms but STAY away from the breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Easy to get to places from here, close to the airport. But people stay as far away as you can from the breakfast. Sausage is like rubber and looks bad, I can't even tell you how bad the eggs looked, the biscuits must have been made from left over sausage, because they too were like rubber. Worst part of it all, is all the stuff was barely warm, I touched the metal on the serving pan the eggs and sausage were in and it wasn't hot to the touch just like the food. The orange juice tasted real bad. Water in the hotel had a metal taste, but I couldn't find a vending machine to get a drink, where it looks like it belongs next to the ice machine, appears to have been removed. So if you just want a room and nothing else this is the place to stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were in Kansas City on a family emergency. The attendant who checked us in was very considerate and compassionate. Our room was quite nice and very quiet. The entire hotel was clean and smelled fresh. Every employee we came in contact with was courteous and pleasant. The breakfast was delicious and hot. They are also close to everything..the airport, shopping, ZONA ROSA! (and of course, Wal Mart!) But, seriously, having such a comfortable place to go to certainly helped during such a sad time in KC. We will definitely visit Best Western Plus KCI East again (hopefully on happier terms!) We recommend them! Check them out!

Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great place to stay for a trip. We stayed here once before and brought my son and his wife here again before a flight out. It was Thanksgiving Day but the staff was friendly and the place was clean and comfy. The hotel is less than a mile from the airport.

I actually made a mistake when booking two rooms and booked those two weeks prior (which I paid for). The management fixed MY mistake and refunded the money, Great Staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ashish P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
NWAFayetteville,

Thank you for yet another review!
I believe you may be the first person to leave multiple reviews on TripAdvisor and I would like to personally thank you for your loyalty!

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with how we handled the situation you experienced, we understand that everyone makes mistakes and we try to ease the comfort of all our guests. We will continue to do what we can to help our guests regardless of who's "mistake" it is, we take it upon ourselves to intervene and help anyone whenever we can.

I sincerely hope you have enjoyed your holidays and I hope to see you again soon!
Thanks again!
Mesa, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We have stayed many places in Kansas City and this was by far the nicest. It was extremely clean and the help could not do enough for you. The beds were great and the nicest linens that I have ever seen in a hotel. The breakfast was very good and had everything, many things both hot and cold. We definetely would stay there again the next time and highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

During my 4 day stay, I had to go to sleep really early at night due to early AM appointments. At some hotels this is a big problem due to noise of other guests. I am happy to report my room was very quiet and I did not have any problems sleeping.

The room was clean and the bed more comfortable than mine at home. The bathroom was also nicer than my home shower! The room included a refrigerator and microwave, situated so the refrigerator noise did not interupt sleep.

There is a nice business center. The pool and hot tub are in a central location. There were lots of restaurants two exits down the freeway (about 10 minute drive). The airport is the next exit north from this hotel.

This hotel was a great value for the rate paid.

Room Tip: Away from elevator - has a loud beep
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Central Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Really, really nice room for the price I got from Hotwire. Not far from the airport, Zona Rosa, or other attractions. Clean, well kept-up, comfortable. Friendly, helpful staff. Very quiet considering it's across I-29 from the airport. Only problem I had was with breakfast - mediocre at best. Still, I'd stay here again with out question.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Clean and quiet, shuttle service very convenient. Even though I arrived pretty late (10:30), shuttle driver followed me to rental car return so I could save a day's rental. Room darkening shades can be pulled across the entire window behind the thin curtain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East? Share your experiences!