“A Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11130 Ambassador Drive, Ambassador Dr & 112 Street, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
lancaster, california
“A Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was so pleased w/my hotel selection! This hotel had a VERY comfortable mattress. It had (4) pillows on the bed--(2) soft & (2) firm w/labels for each embroidered on the pillow case. The room was VERY clean. It was spacious as well. The TV had a wonderful picture. The breakfast was really great: eggs cooked two ways, toast, sausage, biscuits, bacon, pastries, fruit, cereals, waffles, yogurt, and coffee, juices, etc. I got picked up at the airport by the hotel shuttle and they brought me to the local Zona Rosa for shopping. The shuttle is free w/i about a 5 mile radius. The business center was helpful to have available. It has a great pool, fitness center. The hotel was in a good location. No noise near airport--I was a bit worried about that--but not a problem at all. VERY FRIENDLY, CORDIAL HOTEL STAFF! I would stay here again. I recommend it. Very affordable as well.

Room Tip: You will get your best rate if you can book through CostcoTravel.com as a Costco member. What a savi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ashish P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Shoppingdiane03,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Many people like yourself have taken full advantage of our complimentary shuttle service, and we've heard nothing but good things!

Just to let you know we have added a new pancake machine as well as breakfast burritos to make our breakfast even better!

Hope to see you again soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I actually booked this hotel through Hotwire. Like always, I then call the hotel directly to ask their rate for the night so I can brag about my savings. This time it would actually have been 1$ less to book it direct. I was skeptical being that it was a Best Western and not that expensive. However, I was very pleased with everything about it. From the moment we came in the doorthe service friendly and efficient. I actually waited there in the lobby for about 20 minutes for the rest of my party and overheard all the interactions at the front desk. He couldn't have been more friendly, helpful and respectful of everyone he dealt with, including coworkers when there were not even customers present. He went over the top if their was any problem meeting someone in the hallway or whatever it took. The shuttle was efficient, the breakfast was fairly extensive, most impressive was that we had an early morning flight and the breakfast was actually when we came to catch the shuttle 15 minutes before the scheduled time. We were able to grab a bite to eat on the way out, a pleasant surprise. Next time, I won't look around or try Hotwire, just book directly here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ashish P, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post a review, we appreciate it very much.
I am happy to hear about the experienced you have encountered during the reservation process. As you may have learned by either this situation or our new commercials, Best Western has now launched a "Lowest Rate Guaranteed" program. You can find the details on bestwestern.com, but to sum up the program, Best Western guarantees the lowest rate on bestwestern.com. The best part is if you find a lower rate on some other website (some conditions apply) you are entitled to a complimentary gift card!

It pleases me to hear that our team is able to provide superior customer care to everyone we encounter. Like all hotels we of course want to provide our guests with a great night's sleep, but here at Best Western Plus Kansas City airport we take pride in how we interact with each and every person we meet.

Once again I want to thank you for visiting our property and leaving a review for us.
I sincerely hope that you will come and visit us again!
Orofino, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

From the time I walked in the door I was greated with a smile from all the employees. The first person I encountered was the Manager who was working the front desk Ashish was very kind and accommodating. The breakfast had alot of choices, but could still improve some. The rooms were spacious, and very, very clean! I forgot my phone charger so they found one I could use while I could use during my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kristi S,

Thank you so much for your response, I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience while you stayed with us!

I appreciate you extending your concerns about our breakfast quality, since your last stay we have implemented a pancake machine and it has been a great success!

If you have any other ideas to help improve our breakfast I would really appreciate your input.
I am happy to hear that were able to provide you with a phone charger, being away from home and without a cell phone can be very stressful so I'm glad we could help.

Thanks again, and contact me if you have ideas or any other comments. Please e-mail me at anytime.
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

After checking out multiple hotels in the area online, I was skeptical about this because it had so few reviews. Turns out this was a good choice. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. The bed was soft and had a choice of two pillows for your comfort. The breakfast was also very good. I know the next time that I have to go to Missouri that I will stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Pleasant, unexciting, solid hotel experience. Clean large room with a refrigerator and excellent functionality. Standard hotel breakfast, with staff willing to find what you want. Airport location with all it's pluses and minuses. Reasonably priced for what you get. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

As I flew in to KCI I was still unsure as to where I was going to spend the night. Luckily the phone board had a beautiful advertisement for the Best Western Plus. After a quick phone call the shuttle came to pick me up within a few minutes, great service!
At the front desk my check-in process was amazing. Within 3 or 4 minutes I was checked in, my wake-up call was set, my shuttle schedule for the next day was arranged, and the hotel amenities were explained. NOW THAT IS EFFICIENT!
The service did not stop there, I called down for a toothbrush and tooth paste which the driver brought up within minutes.
The room was awesome, with noticeable upgrades like granite (everywhere!) new televisions with HD service, super fast Wi-Fi (which a graduate student like me really needs), and one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on!
My check-out process was super fast since I had a receipt under my door before I was ready to leave.
The management and staff sure know what they are doing at this hotel! When I return to Kansas City I will most definitely be staying here again!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Ashish P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Dear Stacey B,

Thank you very much for your response. I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience here.
We strive for great customer care and hold ourselves to the high expectations from our loyal guests like you.

I hope you will come to see us again soon!
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Just returned from an annual conference. I have stayed at several neighboring properties and this by far was the best experience. Spent 4 nights and could not have been more pleased. We arrived at MCI and phoned the property for their free shuttle service to pick us up and bring us to hotel. The driver was quite busy picking up other guests, so Ashish, who is the property manager came and personally picked us up not wanting to us to wait 15 minutes for the driver. This attention to service would set the tone for the remainder of the week. Anything our group needed, Ashish and his staff went out of their way to provide.
The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. I talked with several people who were attending the same conference and everyone spoke only positives of their experience at this property. So many little extra's that i noticed such as reliable wi-fi, flat screen tv with satellite channels that actually worked, unique "clean remotes" that are disinfected daily, high thread count sheets and towels that are large and thick. i travel quite a bit and have an eye for detail and this best western passes the test not only on the obvious amenities but in the small details as well. For business or pleasure, choose this hotel, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience during your four days here.
It is very important to the team that we exceed the expectations throughout our guest's stay not just during the check-in/check-out times.

Coming to the airport to come get you myself, was nothing but a routine service that I would be happy to repeat for you and any of our other loyal guests.

As a General Manager my time is mostly spent in the back office and rarely do I get the opportunity to interact with all of our guests, I am pleased that this was not the case when you arrived.

It was a pleasure speaking with you, and a sincere pleasure to have you as one of our guests.
I hope that during your annual conference next year you come to see us again!

Ashish Patel

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East? Share your experiences!