“KCMO Holiday Inn NE” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Kansas City - NE

You added Holiday Inn Kansas City - NE to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Kansas City - NE
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7333 NE Parvin Rd., I-435 and Parvin Road, Kansas City, MO 64117   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #53 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Odessa, Missouri
“KCMO Holiday Inn NE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is starting to fray around the edges. It is older and needs updated. The heater/AC made me fluctuate between hot and cold during the night. My experiance, however, is generally positive and enjoyable when I stay here. The staff are all polite and helpful. Karen, the bartender, is always engaging and fun and helps make the experiance more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to smell fresher.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City - NE, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello -

Thank you for your feedback as it is much appreciated! Thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon!

Derek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on 5 trips for 14 nights over the past 13 months and it's always a good experience. The hotel and rooms are clean but the staff makes it a very good experience. The front desk personnel is polite and efficient. The breakfast staff checks with you frequently to ensure all is going well and they've added a made-to-order omelet to their breakfast. I really enjoy Happy Hour here. Karen has been tending the bar everytime I've been there and she's always remembers our group and engages us in pleasant, witty conversation. I see her bouncing around to all the bar guests doing the same (I guess I'm not as special as I thought) while taking care our drink and food orders. The hotel is older looking, but the staff makes it a place to go.

Room Tip: Just avoid the rooms that are close to the front and center of the hotel since you can occasionally...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about our staff and I will certainly share with them! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon! Have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Abby Susie and Kathryn very great employes very helpful with my stay very appreciated of the staff and the respect they give the customers breakfast the pool and bar employes Karen and Krystal very helpful, I will alway come stay here when traveling to Kansas City

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your feedback as we appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon! Have a great day!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I came in and the staff was friendly and knowledgable! I was placed in a handicap room with out a bath tub and when I asked for a bath tub they immediately moved me with no questions and really enjoyed my room. Susie offered her transpo services and gave us the policy and offered other places close to the hotel that she could accommodate! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2013
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City - NE, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Tiff -

Thank you for the great feedback about our staff! I will certainly pass on to Crystal and Suzie as they do a great job and it is always nice to be recognized for it! Thank You for your business and I hope you have a great day!

lakeville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Clean hotel. It felt safe that you has to have a key to even get into the hallway on the first floor. Soft sheets. For $5 more per night we got free hot breakfast for our family of 5! Technically my husband and I got free breakfast and the kids eat free. The real stand out here was the staff! The woman who works the front desk overnight was so helpful and kind. She and the morning desk worker even helped us orchastrate the Easter bunny coming for our kids! Also, the ladies who worked the breakfast buffet were great. Very welcoming. I would definitely stay here again and it is mostly because of the staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City - NE, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback as we pride ourselves on great customer service! I will certainly share your comments with the desk and the breakfast ladies! Have a great day and hope to see you back here soon!

Windsor, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a older hotel that shows it's age. Very easy access to highway and the casinos in the area, but would travel a little for a nicer hotel. The staff was pleasant but always seemed to have just one person at the desk even in the high check in times. Nice layout with a big courtyard and indoor pool. If you go to the breakfast area in the last 1/2 hour of service don't expect to much to be available, not even a hot cup of coffee . If the price was worth it you could put up with it but at $125 a night I can find better value and accommodations elsewhere.

Room Tip: Somewhere else but if you do stay get away from the pool and the noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dennis -

Im sorry about your experience at the front desk and I will certainly address this with my kitchen staff as this is un exceptable. I hope you would give us another chance in the future and if you do stop by my office so we can chat for a bit. Hope you have a great day!

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

First I would like to compliment a few of your staff. During my stay in your hotel - Heather, Susie and Drew were outstanding in providing excellent service on our 28th Anniversary. My wife and I along with 12 of our friends all stayed in rooms 3/22 and 3/23 2013. Not a single request or question went without Drew, Heather or Susie providing some of the best service I have received at any Holiday Inn.
___________________________________________________________________________

Now for the reason of only three stars - There was actually 4 in our party and due to the expected snow fall on 3/23/13 we decided to stay in and eat at your restaurant. Both myself and one other party ordered the KC Ribeye steak from you menu. My friend ordered a Medium rare and I ordered mine as medium.

What we received was - my friends was a very cooked meduim and my steak was Extremely WELL done.. For a steak at this price I expected better. While I realize that you are not running a 5 star gourmet steak house - what we received was terrible. My friend ate a little over half of his and I had about 5 - 6 bites. It was way to tough of a steak to eat.

My steak was horribly overcooked and when I brought it up to the server, she simply stated that they would give us a peice of Cheesecake for the trouble. If it had not been for this incident - you would have got a 5 star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City - NE, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello -

I wanted to start by apologizing for your steaks as they were not prepared properly and I will certainly talk to my cooks as to why they were not prepared to your satisfaction. We certainly appreciate your business and hope you would give us another chance. Hope to see you back soon and hope you have a great day!

Derek

Been to Holiday Inn Kansas City - NE? Share your experiences!