“Nice stay. Nothing really in walking distance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4011 Blue Ridge Cut-Off, Kansas City, MO 64133 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Sports Complex)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #62 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Columbia, Missouri
“Nice stay. Nothing really in walking distance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I visited Kansas City on business and booked this hotel through Priceline and got it for an extremely low rate. There's not much close by to the hotel, so if you need to pick up something, you better be ready to get on I-70 to go find it.

The hotel is in the middle of a huge renovation. They're working on floors 1-3. I stayed in a room on the sixth floor and it didn't look like they had renovated that floor yet. The hotel's restaurant was open from about 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. and I can understand why. This place isn't busy when the Chiefs or the Royals aren't in town. I didn't try the restaurant's breakfast so I can't comment on it.

The beds are comfortable and the heat works well in the winter. My main complaint is that housekeeping did not visit my room on the second day of the stay. But, there were plenty of towels already so it was not a major problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room viewing the stadium. Not sure which floors haven't been renovated yet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for you review of the hotel. You are correct we are in the middle of a major renovation. We will be complete sometime in April so please come back and see us again.

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked the hotel through Priceline and got it for half-off the rate the hotel was charging for the night. Our stay was midweek when there wasn't a lot of other people around, so we felt like we had most of the hotel to ourselves. We stayed on the fourth floor, which was so recently renovated it still smelled faintly of paint in the room. Everything was clean, tastefully decorated, and the beds were comfortable. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and professional - the front desk clerk accomodated our room requests happily and someone even helped us get the snow off of our car after a morning blizzard. The breakfast is good but WAY overpriced (around $8 a plate). Since we were travelling with kids, we liked that the pool area had a large 3 foot area. My boyfriend found the gym a little outdated. He liked that there was a weight machine, but it needed fixing. Overall, it was a good hotel on the outskirts of town. We drove to Overland Park for dinner (about 20 minutes) and to Independence to visit the Truman House (25 minutes).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback on your most recent stay at my hotel. We are proud of our new updated rooms and I am glad we went the extra mile to help you during a very bad storm, it is these small unexpected service "WOWS" that bring our guests back.
Russell, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

While my experience wasn't as bad as some, it wasn't a good one. The bed had no blanket at all just the sheet covering the mattress. When we requested a blanket they basically acted like we were lying that there wasn't one in the room. They said they would bring one up to the room right away. An hour later the blanket was still not there. We called down to the desk and they said they didn't deliver blankets to the room and to come down and get it. The breakfast was expense and a big let down with no service or staff in there at all. While my trip was great, the hotel wasn't.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at my hotel. I will be sure to discuss these items with the staff members involved. We hope to see you back soon.
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was the absolute worst hotel/motel my family and I have "EVER" entered. We checked in and immediately checked out!! The hotel clerk Christina was the only person on duty and placed my family in secluded basement room, with a window that led to outside, the window would not lock and slid open very easily, without any screen or security. My youngest child could have crawled in and out with ease. The room was dirty and musty, and had absolutely no internet reception. I was told to use my laptop at the front desk if needed or try to use the Holiday Inn's next door. Neither of which would work. There also was no television service due to the fact she said they did not have enough remote controls. When asked for a manager she said she was the only person on duty and there was nobody to call. She gave me the General Manager's card while chuckling and said I could call him. The number listed was to her desk, and she said she would forward the call to his voicemail to received the following Monday. Then when asked what she would do in and emergency, her response was "Handle it myself", during that statement, housekeeping called over the radio to inform her that people were throwing things from the balcony and almost hitting people. She then put a sign on the desk and walked out.When she returned, I asked about a refund but since I had booked through an alternate source, she told me to bad, guess I should take it as a hard lesson learned and all I could do was call them. Which I did and they had a non refund policy, however the gentleman called her himself to ask why we could not be moved and she stated she didn't have to. It was her discretion. He then decided due to circumstances to refund my money and put us up at the Holiday Inn next door. I was not the only one complaining at the time either. I usually do not leave negative reviews, however I would absolutely hate for anyone else to go through the situation we had to encounter. If I had not received a refund and other accomodations I would have left anyways, and slept in my car before staying at this establishment, they couldn't pay me to stay there!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay at my hotel. I can assure you this is not the normal standards of our hotel. We are in the process of a multi-million dollar renovation and hope to see you back next year!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We attended the Chiefs/Chargers game so found this hotel to be the closest. Our room was clean and had everything we needed to be comfortable for 3 nights. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly, including those in the attached bar/restaurant. They have started the renovation process by closing the top floor. They have a pool but we didn't see it so I can't comment on that but overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: This hotel was the best priced in the area. For those more particular people there are more expensi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at my hotel. It is extremely convenient to go to the game! Our bar is a great place to hang out before and after the game and has an electric atmosphere before the Chief's games. We hope to see you back next season as we will be complete with our renovations and look for us as a Four Points by Sheraton hotel then.
omaha, ne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

When reading some of the other reviews I am not sure what hotel they stayed at. We had a pleasant stay there. The room was clean. The hotel was quiet. I am sure if a KC Chiefs game was going on it might be a different story. My only complaint would be the toilet did take a long time to finish its flush cycle. I would suggest they change the mechanism so the hotel isn't wasting a lot of water when you flush the toilet. I loved the fact they had a security guard present. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. We didn't get treated any different because we booked our room through priceline.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and giving us the GREAT comments back regarding your stay at my hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back in the near future!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

we booked this hotel based upon previous stays at this chain in other cities and the overall rating on trip advisor. anyone who ever enjoyed staying at this hotel had to DRUNK! the smell of mildew meets you at the door along with the party crowd hanging out in the pub connected to hotel. that crowd was friendly. they brought snacks and drinks to the 2 ladies at the front desk when i was checking in at 12am. also, there was hair on the bed and in the bathroom. i slept sitting up in the desk chair that had broken seat and checked out as soon as daylight next morning. i would never recommend this dump to anyone!

Room Tip: another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I am sorry we did not make your stay a 10, please be aware that we are replacing all of our beds and desk chairs in our upcoming renovation!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!