“If you only want to stay close to the Stadium this place is for you.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex

You added Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4011 Blue Ridge Cut-Off, Kansas City, MO 64133 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Sports Complex)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #60 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
“If you only want to stay close to the Stadium this place is for you.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival the desk clerk was telling someone on the phone that they could not change their King room because they had booked through a discount booking agent. She then told me the dining room was closed due to lack of business, it was only 7:30pm. Once in my room I started checking, as any seasoned travel does, and I find a to go box of half eaten ribs in the fridge! Before I could call the front desk she called me to say she had called the GM and the dining room was now open. I explained about the ribs she did offer to move me which I declined. So she told me to just leave the box outside my door and housekeeping would get it. On my way done to eat one of the elevators stopped on the 3rd floor and would not move up or down. Thankfully there are 2. Next day I put a do not disturb sign on my door as I did not want maid service. Upon return from my meeting I found the room tidied and the bed made with the do not disturb sign still on the door. I do not recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us for the Royals game! Thanks for the kind comments regarding your stay. Please be aware that we are in the process of renovating the hotel rooms and public space. We hope you will come back next year and see our fresh NEW look!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for a Royals game and being able to walk to the stadium is a big plus. As far as the hotel goes though, it is hit and miss.

The people were very friendly, from the check in person to the bartender. The hotel shows some wear and tear, but isn't run down.

All 3 or our rooms had at least one issue ranging from a missing alarm clock to lamps that didn't work.

Overall, the hotel was really unexceptional and it isn't in a good area to really do anything other than go to games. The area around the hotel can get pretty dicey and you are going to want to make sure to remove anything of value from your car. A fair amount of thugs seem to hang out in the area.

There is a side door that goes from the parking lot into the hallway for the lower level rooms that states that it is supposed to be locked and require a room key for entry 24 hours a day. That is not the case. We came back at 1 in the morning and the door was unlocked. The door was also unlocked every other time we used it. Very poor security if you ask me.

It was nice that they had a security guard there all night and police officer there for part of the night.

We only paid $45 a night on Priceline, so I feel that we got what we paid for and give the hotel an average rating based on the value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I appreciate your taking the time to review my hotel. We take pride in the service that we provide to all of our guests and I am glad you noticed our service! We will be starting a major renovation of our hotel next month so I hope to see you back again for another Royal's game and our fresh new look!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We first needed an extra pillow and christina at the front desk said they didn't have any extra. I went and found some extra in their basement courtesy of security staff and a maintenance worker. When back in my room my kids alerted me to check out the gangsters all over the parking lot. I noticed several people going into the end of the hotel where the first base, second base meeting rooms are and also the sports bar. I went down 2 see what was going on and the meeting rooms were being used for a rap music get together. Outside I noticed security officers and asked them who thought hosting a rap concert in a family hotel was a good idea. They did not know so I just wished them luck and went back 2 my room. Within minutes we watched a white car speed out of the lot and graze one of the security officers. During the vehicle assault 3 to 4 shots fired and then they finally decided to break up the party. Family hotel with royals package deal and a rap concert. Nice

• Stayed August 2012
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your last stay at our hotel. I value your opinions and thoughts, however we do not discriminate when it comes to our guests of the hotel. We are also a Convention Center that holds large events and meetings. I am sorry that your children have labeled certain people as "gangsters". The hotel has the safety and security of all our guests as our top priority! This is why we had our own security guards on duty as well as the private party had there security guards to control the event. Nobody was hurt or injured and all guests were safe!
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was clean and staff was nice. Location is perfect if your going to a Royals or Chiefs game. The stadiums are directly across the street. The lobby rest/bar area was pretty nice as well. Otherwise just your standard hotel nothing to special.

• Stayed July 2012
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I don't know why there are so many poor reviews of this hotel. Sure, the lobby is dated and there weren't flat screen tvs in the room but our room and bathroom were very clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was really friendly when we checked in and went above and beyond to meet my request for connecting rooms. The showers were great with amazing water pressure! My only complaint was for the attached restaurant. The bartender seemed very overwhelmed with the 3 tables in the entire place. They also close when it "slows down" which was 9pm on the day we were there. We were not at this hotel on a game day. I am sure things could get crazy around here when the place is packed full of sports fans. There is a Taco Bell right next door and a Denny's a few blocks away. We got a great deal on our rooms on Priceline.

Room Tip: The rooms on the east side of the hotel stay much cooler in the summer than the west side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of my property. We hope to see you back again in the future!
Omaha, NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Pro:
-good location for walking to games and avoiding paying for parking and having to drive back to hotel
-dennys is walking distance

Cons:
-it is a little run down but certainly acceptable
-no free breakfast
-lack of restaurants around other than the hotel and dennys

Overall I would only stay here if for a game and even then I think I would price drury or holiday inn first.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We are the closest hotel to the Sports Complex and many people enjoy staying with us and going to the games. We will be starting a renovation of the hotel at the end of this year so please come back next year and see us again!!!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed in the Clarion when we visited KC for a Royals game. The location is excellent and you can walk right across the street to Kauffman Stadium. The rooms were less than nice. The first room we were put in had a leak about 3' around the air conditioner and it smelled very bad due to the soaked carpet. One of the lamps was also missing a shade. Weird that they would sell the room in that condition but the front desk put us in a new one as soon as I said something. The second room had a broken air conditioner and they had to send maintenance up. He was super nice and sort of got it going again but it wasn't working at full capacity, that is for sure. The ice machines didn't really work very well and they didn't have any extra blankets (a buddy slept on the floor) but the people were all quite nice. It just needs some upgrades and a little more attention to detail to set it apart. I would not stay there again as there is a Holiday Inn and Drury Inn within walking distance too.

Room Tip: Good location but run down rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Jeff S,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback on your most recent stay at my hotel. We take pride in our customer service that we provide at our hotel. My apologies for the leaking Air conditioner I can assure you it has been taken care of since your departure. I would like to inform you that we are going to be starting a multimillion dollar renovation of the hotel later this year so please come back and see us again next Royals season with our fresh new look!!!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!