“UNSAFE, DIRTY and RUDE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun

You added Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun to your Saves list
Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4321 N Corrington Ave, I-435 and Parvin Road, Kansas City, MO 64117   |
Ranked #78 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
“UNSAFE, DIRTY and RUDE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We took our kids to WOF for a few days, chose this hotel because it was close...BIG MISTAKE! The person working the front desk obviously doesn't like his job! He was snide and rude during check in. We rented 2 rooms, 225 & 227. When opening the door to room 225, our breath was taken away because of the stench of mold and mildew. Upon trying to enter the room, the carpet in the threshold of the door was not secured to the floor, my foot got caught causing me to fall. When telling the front desk about what happened and the carpet, I was met with only eye rolls. No offer of moving our rooms, no offer of taking an accident report...nothing. The bathroom and the carpeting right outside the bathroom looks like it's been flooded. The front and back panels were peeling away from the internal frame of the bathroom door. The bottom board drug along the floor. The sheets were stained, the comforters had holes, the tv had terrible reception, the breakfast food was DISGUSTING, not to mention the overflowing trash spewing onto the floor. Kevin is such a helpful manager, NOT!!! One of the desk clerks entered our room at 10:30pm. No knock, just opened the door! When my husband jumped up to see what was going on, the guy said his computer showed we had checked out and he was going to 'turn the room'. The only thing he had in his hand was a bottle of tilex and a rag. What confuses me is, not 30 mins earlier, this same clerk had just re-keyed our room cards because they were not working.... so why would he think we had checked out? I have emailed the owner about the fall and my injuries because of the carpet, but have had no response. I am pretty sure I can find a decent Missouri attorney to recoup my losses.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different motel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nick W, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Super 8 for your recent stay in our area.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the bathroom door; Carpet of the room assigned to you and instructed to fix it.

We pay serious attention to our guest reviews. I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will change your mind and once again choose to stay with us. I think you will be greatly pleased

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The drive from the hotel to worlds of fun was great. The bathroom was a little small but clean. The breakfast was pretty good. It had a decent variety of things to choose from. The worker made sure that everything stayed stocked. I just wish they would have had some muffins as well. The beds were pretty comfy. The swimming pool outside was pretty small and wasn't very clean. The water was a little green. The staff was nice and we received whatever we asked for, such as towels, toilet paper, etc. Overall it's nothing fancy, but had a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nick W, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. I will infor my maintanence man of you concerns with the pool's overall cleaniness.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

After looking at the views, I was surprised that the room was pretty clean. The bathroom was very small and there was a poor attempt at patching up an area on the carpet, but it was clean. The beds were descent and found it to be very quiet, even being next to a busy highway. The breakfast was descent and enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. The hotel website does advertise a hot tub which they do not have. The pool is pretty small, but still a nice area outside. Sometimes it was hard to find someone at the front desk, especially at check out. I would strongly suggest installing a bell or a phone to reach the front desk clerk when he or she is not around. Overall it's nothing fancy and could use a few repairs, but found it clean and quiet, at a good price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nick W, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will try to get them to remove hot tub from our website as we only have select rooms with hot tubs in them and not a public one.

Been to Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun? Share your experiences!