“Good Night Sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun to your Saves list
Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4321 N Corrington Ave, I-435 and Parvin Road, Kansas City, MO 64117   |
Ranked #80 of 110 hotels in Kansas City

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NEW HAMPTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was a little upset with my trip over the weekend. I upgraded to the suite in order to have a little extra room in case I had visitors. When I arrived for the check in the suite had a couch and chair but did not have a table or chairs to eat at. The room was spacious. I was also concerned that there was no elevator in the hotel. I found the bed to be very comfortable but the pillows on the bed were not. They were small but almost round in shape. I brought my own pillow thankfully otherwise I do not think I would have gotten a very good nights sleep. If I would had more that one bag to carry up I would have had to make multiple trips. I would be very surprised if no one else has mentioned this. I did not like that the coffee pot in our room only made one cup of coffee. I would be easy to have a 6 cup coffee pot in the room. On Sunday around 10am the water in the shower would not get warm. I was the first person in my room to shower that day and the water was room temp. It was not a good way to end our stay at the Super 8. The staff was kind and helpful. The breakfast did not have a very big selection. Honestly I was not interested in eating any of what was offered. Overall the room that I stayed in for the weekend was not worth what I payed for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Nick W, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Sorry to hear your stay was not a great one. We have order new pillows and plan on replacing some of the old ones. We do serve coffee 24 hours a day in the lobby and can suppy you with as many coffee bags and cups for your one cup coffee maker as you desire to make as much coffee in your room as possible. We are located in an older building so unfortunately I can't get an elevator for you. We hope you give us another try after some of our upgrades are complete.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I should have looked at reviews first. I knew it was bad after arriving. The hallways reeked of smoke and carpets were stained everywhere. The room had ants all over the nightstand and vanity. The room was also dirty. The bathroom door would not close without lifting it up. It also had a hole in it which was covered with a couple pieces of tape that was painted over to look like wood. I also addressed the ants with the front desk and they were aware of the issue. They said the exterminator has been out a couple times with no luck. They also said the owner will not allow them to shut down any of the rooms. I can see why. They charge $89 a night, $105.06 to be exact after taxes. Save some money and sleep in a dumpster.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
super8kansascity, Webmaster at Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was notified of the problems which you experienced with the bathroom door in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair or replacement.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of ants in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was not happy with our stay, they over booked and did not have the non-smoking room I reserved. There was no bedding for our hide-a-bed and I had to track it down all over the hotel. The hall-ways smelled horrible and the carpets were all stained up. The pool water was murky and I am not sure it was clean. The price was cheap but I don't feel we got our money's worth. I would not go back. On the up side, I did not see any bugs!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nick W, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. Your concerns have not gone unnoticed. Housekeeping has been informed to make sure all rooms with sofa sleepers in them have the proper bedding in the drawer. New carpet has been ordered for all common areas and should be installed within the next 30 days. We have had alot of complaints about third party websites booking customers the wrong rooms and have contacted them but there is not anything we can do to change that.

Been to Super 8 Kansas City/Worlds of Fun? Share your experiences!