“Smoke friendly hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs

You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9701 N. Shannon Ave., Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #71 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Columbia, Missouri
“Smoke friendly hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a smoke friendly hotel. I did not know this when I made my reservations. I went to KC for a meeting, and found this Homestead to be a better price than the meeting hotel. Thought I would save some money. Hotel staff was friendly at check-in. Manager called the room about 20 minutes later to check on me, that was nice.

Now the bad, this place stinks! The elevator reeked of cigarette smoke, as well as the hallways. I stayed on the third floor in a non-smoking room, but it just as well as been a smoking room as the place just stunk. My clothes all smelled of smoke, the towels and bed sheets smelled of smoke. The WHOLE PLACE REEKS! Will never stay here again.

Man, what a smelly night. Never again.

Also the bed was crummy. Low to the floor, lumpy. Outdated decor in the room. This hotel just needs leveled and rebuilt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read that our Manager checked on you during your stay. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a room that smells like smoke. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Leavenworth, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

After a long summer with the kids, I was in great need of some serious "me time." I had never been to any homestead suite hotel before and thought now was a good time to try. The room I had was nicely sized for one person, maybe two and it was a nice added feature to have a flat screen TV like the one I have at home. My absolute favorite part of my stay was the staff! Everyone of them was on top of their game. Professional, well informed, polite and accommodating. I wish every hotel was run by a staff this good!

The down side (for me) was the bed and pillows. The bed was a "bed" in the general sense, as it was flat and of the floor, but beyond that the similarities end. Very squeaky, springy, NO plush padding. The pillows? I think a stack of old newspapers stuffed in a pillow case would have offered a more relaxing sleep.

Over all however, I was pleased with my stay as in the desk clerk as kind enough to put me in a out of the way room where I could avoid the noisier rooms and enjoy some much appreciated peace and quiet.

Lastly, I would like to add, that this hotel is extremely close to many great shopping areas, restaurants, and even a very affordable aquatic center which is a water park in its own right. Staying at Homestead gave me the best of both worlds. Some away time from the hustle and bustle of staying in the city, but just moments area from the fun and variety that comes from the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
Clever, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

this was a trip to INS so it was perfect location wise. but not a very good hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: this is an extended stay hotel so don't go there expecting the same level of service you would g...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Polk City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Booking the reservation was extremely easy using their 800#. Upon checking in, I found a lone staff person to handle the busiest time of day - thus, it took a while to get checked in. I rented two seperate rooms for my family. One room had a dirty coffee pot and the other room had no cleanliness issues; it just was not stocked and ready for the next guest. Nothing terrible, but I guess I expect a room to be clean and ready for the next person. The hotel was quiet and the staff was friendly and helpful. I liked the floor plan of my rooms. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
PACNW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Pick this hotel if you have a car and plan to stay for an extended time. You'll be provided a clean, comfortable and quiet room at a reasonalbe price.
If you don't have a car, your own laptop and want a light breakfast the Homestead Studio Suites is not for you. Nearest eatery is about a kilometer from the hotel. It's not a problem to walk to Ruby Tuesday's but not in 95 degree weather. However, for $10 per person a shuttle will take you to any restaurant you wish in the general area and pick you up. Yes, $10!
They provide free WIFI, but don't have a business area with a computer. There is an area that looks like it might have been an place to have a hotel breakfast in better times.
When you stay at the Homestead you are truly away from it all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
NORFOLK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I'll stay at this place during every trip to KC. It's right off the interstate highway and close to a large shopping plaza. Good restaurants are nearby but the kitchen has an upright refrigerator, a range, dishwasher, sink, and microwave. Light sleepers dont't have to worry about noise from the air traffic at the airport. I didn't hear any noise from adjoining rooms either.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Pineville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We got this through Hotwire as we would arrive in KC at 10 and flew out at 6 the next morning. I was very much wanting an iced drink but there was no ice and wouldn't be until the icemaker made some. This is an extended stay facility and has cooking and cleaning choices. They did get us a shuttle early the next morning and the free parking saves the cost of the room. Well worth the price and very helpful

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs

Address: 9701 N. Shannon Ave., Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #71 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Kansas City - Airport Hotel Kansas City
Homestead Studio Suites Airport
Kansas City Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites Kansas City
Homestead Kansas City

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Tiffany Springs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.