“What a wonder staff of people work here!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #49 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Neosho Rapids, Kansas, United States
“What a wonder staff of people work here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

In September my granddaughter had to have open-heart surgery. Children's Mercy gave us a list of hotels nearby to stay at with discounts.I called around but was very impressed with the way the staff answered my questions and worked with me. I had to reschedule twice do to surgery schedule changing. The staff worked with me and helped me with the arrangements at a very difficult time. I am going to need a place to stay in April as we go through another surgery. Residence inn will be my first call. The staff is very concerned, courteous, and helpful. They need a big thank you. The room was very neat and tidy. Thanks. Gwen

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paige S, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit at our hotel even through a difficult time for your family. We hope that your grandaughter is doing better and are glad that our staff was able to make it a little easier for you and that the room was kept neat and tidy for your comfort.

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rochester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Pros: Great breakfast, friendly staff, clean and spacious roooms-great for a longer than 1 night stay and just far enough out of town.
Cons: Our room wasn't ready at check in time and our key card was programed for others to enter our room..there was some confusion and late at night we had to have security let us in our room. However, a handwritten apology w/a free voucher for a market place item was given to us at check out. All in all a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms and both were facing away from the parking lot which was great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Decorah, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Residence Inn properties are always comfortable. This one may need a little update, but we enjoy the space, the beds, the living space with fridge and desk and amenities. Breakfasts are always superior to the run of the mill Hamptons, etc. Desk people are helpful and well-informed. Brought in Gates Bar-b-que from down the street and loved it! Not too far off of I-35, and convenient. We had stayed across the way at the Fairfield property (also Mariott) and this was better for nearly the same price (senior rate).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Paige S, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and for being our guest. We are very glad that you enjoyed our hotel, our breakfast and our staff! Please come back to see us again soon!
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

To be very precise our stay of three nights was comfortable and relaxing more than expected. Staff was quite hospitable, rooms were clean and comfortable, nice ambiance and location of the hotel is very convenient. Breakfast was good, but the breakfast area is not proper and it becomes overcrowded at some times. My wife forgot her gold earrings on the bathroom counter. We called the hotel staff from airport and they safely shipped them overnight to our house. Really nice people. We will definitely recommend our friends and relatives to stay here only.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Paige S, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review and for recognizing our staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your vist and appreciate your referral!
Provo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times over the past few years. I stayed here for business at one point and had a great stay and I stayed here last summer while traveling through on a family vacation. Both times, I had a great experience staying here. While traveling with me family, we got a larger suite with a couple of beds and a pull out sofa. There was plenty of room for my family of 5 and I can't say that about a majority of hotels I stay in. Their breakfast was on par with other residence Inn's and their pool was smaller but nice. I love this hotel because of how convenient it is everything and because of how quiet it was. For being so close to everything, you still feel some what secluded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Paige S, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your visit to our hotel. We are so very glad that you enjoyed your visit! Please come back again soon.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We always stay at this hotel when we travel to Kansas City. The location is great - close to Westport, Uptown Theater, Power & Light, Country Club Plaza, Union Station and the WWI Memorial, and the Crown Center. Since the hotel is geared to extended stay, you get the benefit of a kitchen and a living room area in addition to the sleeping area. I love that the toilet and shower are in a separate room, leaving a dressing area with a long counter for the other party. We tried a slightly cheaper hotel in Westport on one stay and immediately decided we had made a mistake.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed your visit and the location as well as the spacious suites with full kitchens. Please come back and see us again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was stuck here an additional two days during last week's snowstorm. I felt grateful to be at this location, as the rooms offer an oven (versus just a cooktop), a full-size refrigerator, and dishwasher. I've stayed at a different Residence Inn in Kansas City closer to the plaza, and my room there only had a cooktop - no oven. Staff at the Main Street location are friendly and helpful, my room and the property overall were clean, and the on-site laundry facilities are well-maintained. I didn't try the complimentary breakfast or show up at dinnertime for snacks, so I can't comment on the food offerings. They do have a little store where you can purchase junk food (soft drinks, cookies, chips, and Haagen Daaz) if you have midnight cravings.

The staff were diligent in clearing the snow during the storm. I hope they read this review because I nearly broke my tail slipping on the concrete to get to Room 212 (a lower-level room). I guess they figured no snow would accumulate there, which was true, but the concrete was still wet and quite slippery. I hope they'll throw some salt down for the next storm to prevent slips and falls. Overall - good experience at this hotel - I'll be back next time I visit Kansas City.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn and for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and especially that you will stay with us again! We are happy to provide full kitchens including ovens. We do have microwave meals in our market as well. We will even go grocery shopping for you if you would like! We look forward to your return.

Been to Residence Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill? Share your experiences!