“PEFRECT JUMP OFF SPOT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle

You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle
Ranked #69 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Des Moines, Iowa
“PEFRECT JUMP OFF SPOT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We needed a last-minute stay due to weather, so we booked this hidden gem. What a great surprise. Not only did we get five days to park our car, the additional days that we needed were inexpensive. Never worried about parking the BMW in the lot for a week, and everything was just fine when we got back. The rooms were clean; a little kitchenette made for a nice place to get together and have a drink or pizza for supper. Convenience store is close by for snacks. All this is good, but what was GREAT was the front desk service and the shuttle service. When we got back from our cruise, we didn't have our coats. The weather was freezing. I called the front desk. They took my cell phone number, told us to wait inside, and she'd call when our shuttle was there for us. Service above and beyond, we thought! Not only would we recommend this hotel, we will use it for future trips. The price was right, too!

Room Tip: We found that both rooms were just fine. Small enough to be cozy - no long walks down to the "...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an OUTSTANDING review. I'm thrilled to hear that you were well taken care of and that you enjoyed every aspect of our property from our staff to leaving your car in our parking lot. I am also glad to know that you felt our rooms were clean and well equipped. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The room was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My car battery died from the cold weather and needed a new one. The manager offered to driving to the nearest walmart to replace it. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such wonderful things about this property. I'm thrilled to hear that you felt our staff was friendly and helpful as well as your comments about the cleanliness of your room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area!
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I checked in for one night in January 2012 after booking the hotel on Priceline. Overall, I can't complain, because I got such a great deal on the hotel, but like many Extended Stay Hotels, this was nothing special.

The one "shining star" was the front desk clerk at check-in. She was very friendly and helpful. She was also quick at getting everything settled.

Like every other Extended Stay I've stayed in, the hallways smelled like Hamburger Helper. I realize that other guests are cooking dinner, but I find it amusing that the hallways always smell like ground beef! The room was spacious, but appeared aged. The recliner in the corner was especially dated looking. It looked like many a large, overweight man had slept in it and squashed the cushions down. The bed was pretty squeaky, but I did manage to sleep like a rock. The sheets were strangely crispy, though. Too much starch?

I can't really find anything in particular to complain about with my stay, the room was clean and the hotel safe and I didn't really pay very much all to stay there. All in all, if you are looking for luxury or someone else will be footing the bill, stay somewhere else. If you are trying to travel on a dime, then this hotel won't wow you but will provide a clean pillow and safe surroundings--very close to the KC airport, too.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

this ESA is in ok shape but is crowded with long term stayers and the vibe is not very warm.
Next time I would pony up and stay at a nicer place. It would be ok for a grungy blue collar job
but not a good place if you want a nice feel. The Hyatt is 2 exits south and so is the Residence Inn.You get what you pay for. I paid 42$ in October.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I have stayed there for ten days over the past two weeks, and regardless of the price, I will never stay here again. My first stay was mediocre, the reclining chair smelled of mold but it didn't matter too much.

The second stay was a different story. I was assigned a room that wasn't clean. Went back and got a new room, but I am shocked that this happened. What a disorganized system. They said they thought it was cleaned since it hadn't been inhabited in three days, but were sorry about the inconvenience. Twenty minutes later, I was in the most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. There was blood on the pillows, so obviously they don't have a habit of changing the pillows. I didn't realize this until the second night, and almost vomited when I realized I had been sleeping on someone elses blood, and who knows what else.

The internet is beyond terrible as well. There is no pool, spa, nor restaurant.

I highly recommend staying some place else, regardless of the incremental cost.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Room was good size and a little bit dated. No extras included in this hotel. My one complaint was the ac would shut off then the room would be very quiet except water dripping from some place. Then the ac would come back on again. So this diffrence in noise levels made for a hard nights sleep. Probably would stay at the holiday inn next door if I had to do it again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

This hotel is in very worn condition with very few amenities. It did have a nice kitchen area which was nice for in-room meals. It was also nice to have a coffee maker in the room, but only 1 packet of coffee was included for the entire stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle? Share your experiences!