“Fine Motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd to your Saves list
Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6900 N.W. 83rd Terrace, I-29, Exit #8, Across Zona Rosa Shopping Mall, Kansas City, MO 64152   |
Ranked #58 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Milo, MO
“Fine Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was a good motel. There are a lot of eating establishments around here. Room was clean and reasonable. Very good service. The desk clerk was very accommodating and it is close to the airport. Easy access.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Allen p, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. It sounds perfect that the location worked best for you. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was the best super 8 I've ever stayed at at. I was very pleased with the service I received upon my stay. It's a great rate for what you get. There is a mini fridge and a microwave in the rooms. There are also beautiful waterfall pictures hanging in the rooms as well. There was also a delicious breakfast with a great variety. The front desk clerks were extremely helpful and took care of any needs I had right away. Will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Allen p, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for writing a very wonderful comment about our hotel. It's a pleasure to hear that we gave you the best value for your money. We appreciate that you loved the variety of breakfast we offer. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Hoyt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked this hotel based on price and pictures of the hotel. Most of the reviews were decent. We checked in and they gave us a king instead of the 2 queens and then wanted us to pay the difference for their mistake. We just said no we'd just live with the king bed. Then when we got into our room--the hotel seemed cleaned but it was like the whole room was wet from moisture--I should have requested a new room but I decided to deal with it. We had to turn the air up very high to avoid the moisture. When I got up the next morning to put on a shirt from the chair--it was wet. I have no idea what the problem there was. I was intending on booking again in August for our worlds of fun trip--but it was so bad I will not go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us. As we further investigate regarding this matter, we had called up corporate office to verify. According to them, this guest reservation was actually booked as a 1 bed only. So this was not hotel mistake, this was a booking error made by central reservation system or you may have failed to mention that you needed 2 bed room. Also about the moisture in the room, that can actually happen from leaving an aircon temperature much lower than it needed. We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review.
Thank you very much for your business.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I booked this hotel only because most hotels were booked due to a convention that was in town which in fact I was involved in. I was here for 6 nights....It started off bad and just got worse. I arrived at the hotel very early morning after a 12 hours drive only to find out that their credit card machine was down and I was told if I didn't have cash to pay for all 6 nights I needed to find another hotel till the next day and the management could fix the problem. This room was booked for a month with all information entered for payment at that time. And to top it off the employee was not even apologetic at all and in fact she acted as if we were a bother. After a while she finally was able to get the machine to work after 2 phone calls to management. The continental breakfast consist of store bought mini cinnamon rolls, water down coffee, bread for toast, and they did have a waffle machine for waffles really nothing was worth eating so plan on going out and getting breakfast. Once getting to my room, at first I thought this is not so bad but after being there a day I noticed more. The bathroom fixtures were cracks and old. The carpet was filthy, my white sicks were black and once I took them off and stepped for just a second on the carpet to slide a pair of shoes on the carpet felt sticky as if they were just caked with dirt and probably some type of carpet freshener. I was given 2 towels, 2 washcloths, and 1 hand towel while most hotels usually will have 4 towels when 2 guests are staying in one room. The beds were uncomfortable and old. The deodorizer used after room service was so strong throughout the hall way and rooms it was disgusting. The entire hotel is in much need of an update. And several nights that I arrived back to the hotels there were 3-4 Hispanic males drinking beer sitting on the sidewalk as you walked in.. I ran through these reviews prior to booking this room and honestly, I do not see how any of these guest could rate this hotel as "great" or "excellent". And one even said they had a "great breakfast" I guess watered down coffee and store bought cinnamon rolls is great... However there is a Panera bread right around the corner...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Allen p, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. I would just like to depend our Hotel for the sake of future review readers here on our website. I would like to let you know that we are serving fresh made cinnamon rolls from bakery instead of frozen rolls. Also, we just had our entire hotel carpet cleaned 2 months ago. And lastly, we have company provided coffee maker which is hooked up to water line which took required amount of water automatically. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Thank you!
Eastsound
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Okay, so here's the deal: there are at least TWO Super 8 motels that call themselves "the Kansas City airport" Super 8. One is located on Barry Road, the other has a Plaza address. Of course, one wonders how the franchise would allow this, but that is another matter.

Both advertise that they have airport shuttle service.

I am a senior traveler and was alone on a business trip. My plan was to fly into KS City, pick up a rental car and stay overnight before driving to my destination elsewhere in KS. Further, three days later, I was planning to return the rental car at the airport, catch the shuttle back to the same motel, and in the morning, catch a shuttle back to the airport for my flight. It seemed reasonable to make reservations at the Barry Rd Super 8 as it was described as the "airport" Super 8.

After my flight to KS City airport, I picked up my rental car and drove to the motel. The woman at the motel desk explained to me that I would have additional charge to have shuttle service three days hence because she called it "park and ride".

Upon completion of my business, I drove back to KS City three days later. After returning by car at the airport, I caught a Super 8 shuttle that would take me to the hotel - I thought. Unfortunately, the shuttle that showed up drove me to the "airport" Super 8 with the Plaza address. Wrong motel. A fellow driving the van was kind enough to phone the Barry Rd Super 8 and request that they send their shuttle to pick me up at the Super 8 Plaza location. I was very tired and was upset that I found myself in such a distressful situation. Further, the Barry Road Super 8 refused to come pick me up. He graciously -kindly- drove me to the Barry Rd Super 8. When I entered the Barry Road office, the woman working there appeared both sheepish AND was argumentative. When I asked her about charging me for shuttle service to the airport the next morning, I pointed out to her that I was not parking any car and should not be charged for "park and ride".

The room was the same kind of room as the previous room had been. Nevertheless, she charged me the extra amount for the second night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and detailed review regarding your most recent stay. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments. I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, though your impression of our services and hospitality is quite distressing. We hope to see you again and that you'll finally be truly impressed with our improvements. Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can benefit from your perspective of our hospitality and services.
Ralston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at many Super 8s before, and this was the best one we've ever stayed at. The room was beautiful, super clean and had nice huge waterfall pictures hanging up. The breakfast was great and they kept it well stocked. The manager was super friendly and he was so courteous and quick with getting us checked in and checked out. I would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
Allen p, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience.
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel.
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very clean and the bed was awesome! Room was very up to date. Used the laundry as well...that was a bit out dated but so what! It did the job. Overall the room was very nice and will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Allen p, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience.
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.

Been to Super 8 Kansas City Airport at Barry Rd? Share your experiences!