“convenient to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“convenient to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

value priced, good shuttle service, early bird breakfast included in price, able to save on rental car by returning car the night before the flight and using the hotel shuttle to the airport, quiet, small outdoor pool, clean room, friendly and helpful staff....have stayed at this hotel several times and will stay again when I return to Kansas City

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sandy, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were "walked" here when the Drury Inn down the road overbooked during our stay. I concur with the others - avoid the third floor if you're not a smoker. Our room's door was not working correctly and we had to lift, jiggle, fuss with it several seconds before we could open it -- each time we entered. The breakfast was limited and not always well maintained. The room was clean enough but the bathroom had a lasting urine smell. Every employee we came into contact with was great and friendly, but we would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor if you are not a smoker!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kampala, uganda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at the Sleep Inn Airport, Kansas City, on 16th April when I was in transit. It was conveniently located to the airport and they offer free airport pick-ups and drop-offs, which was great. The room was small, but all I needed it for was to sleep. It offered a nice breakfast buffet, including eggs, waffles, yogurt, and the standard fare of pastries.
My biggest challenge was that I had asked for a non-smoking room, which I got...but, only after I walked through half the floor of smoking rooms. So, even though my room was designated as a non-smoking room, the cumulative smoke from the other rooms wafted into my room and disturbed me.
So, if you want a non-smoking room, make sure you ask for it on a non-smoking FLOOR! The 1st and 2nd floors are entirely non-smoking. But, they put me on the 3rd floor, half of which contains smoking rooms. So, if a non-smoking room is important to you, ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, make sure you ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floors, which are ent...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Windsor, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I needed a room that was inexpensive and close to the airport for an early morning flight. The cost was very reasonable and my room was very nice, clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the continental breakfast was good. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. I received my wake up call as promised. The shuttle to the airport was on time and the driver was pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a reasonably priced hotel room near the Kansas City airport.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor next to the pool. It was a pleasant room with very little noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Accident, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here because we had an early flight the next day. Our room was comfortable and clean--the air conditioning was consistent--so often we are turning it up and down when we stay in hotels. Breakfast was good and the staff friendly and helpful. They picked us up at the airport promptly (we had returned a rental car) and signed us up at check in for our morning shuttle. With so many reported delays, we went back down and signed up for an earlier one. The shuttle was prompt and got us to the airport in plenty of time. It was a good buy for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hays, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Was booked here again and it's been almost a year since we've stayed (see review from August 2012) and although some things were much better; others were not. The one thing that hasn't changed is that this hotel and its services are consistently inconsistent from one day to the next. (Notice all the previous reviews range from A-Z on the spectrum.) You'll find that some faces behind the front desk are friendly and helpful, while others are borderline rude and bothered. Apparently it depends on the day. My previous review mentioned the dated and cluttered decor, which I'm proud to say has changed quite a bit in the common areas. An upgrade to the breakfast bar included newly faced cabinet/counter tops; as well as new front desk formica, painted doors/trim and decorative walls to bring in a more modern appeal. Someone finally removed all the fake, dusty plants, too!! A thumbs up is given for the idea of improvement - however a thumbs down has to be given for SOME of the sloppy work in some areas. (Painting takes time - and shouldn't be rushed.) Rooms went slightly backwards as far as condition goes compared to our last stay. Little things add up (loose handles, light fixtures broken, bent lamp shades, iron not working) which tend to cheapen the experience all together. Cleanliness of the room, however, was top notch except for the fan in the bathroom, which was super filthy. The only real dated item in the room is the comforter - which should have been replaced about 5 years ago, otherwise rooms are fairly modern for an economy hotel such as this. Rates are still great - for what you get, so value is not an issue. I just wish management would find the right help to get some momentum going in a positive direction instead of a swinging pendulum of love/hate. This hotel is positioned to be a great success with its location, great rates and above average accommodations - but it strikes me as somewhat lazy in getting there with the guest service. As I see it, either management needs to find the RIGHT help - or ownership needs to find the right manager. Simple as that. Till next time, happy travels!

• Stayed May 2013
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We selected Sleep Inn because of price, location, and the park and fly option.
The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The sliding bathroom door CAN be opened easily by pressing on the upper half of the brass rectangle at waist height (but I have to admit that we had to ask the desk clerk). A small sticker advising how to operate it would be welcomed.
The WiFi was strong.

The breakfast was very good and was ready for us in time for the 5:30 a.m. shuttle to the airport. The shuttle service was prompt and the return flight shuttle was at the airport within 15 minutes of our call to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn Airport Kansas City? Share your experiences!