“buyer beware” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Hotel

You added Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11828 NW Plaza Circle, Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Airport)   |
Ranked #96 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
West Plains, MO
“buyer beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

The rooms were clean but that was the only good thing about this hotel. The food was terrible and the service even worse! If you are just looking for place to lay your head, it will work but if you want good food and service look elsewhere. You would think a company booking 100 total rooms for the weekend and spending thousands of dollars would get good food and excellent service. This hotel is proof that cheaper is not always better. Food is typically ok at a hotel but service reflects management and someone needs to lose their job here. Buyer beware!

• Liked — rooms were clean
  • Disliked — food was horrible and service was worse
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

Previous reviews are right on. Internet doesn't work, phones? Restaraunt is terrible. Van is broken down. Front desk has something to be desired. Complain and they just shrug their shoulders. There are plenty other places to stay, and I suggest it!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

I was shocked when I arrived in the room. Phone was not working, internet was broken, no cold water in the shower and control on air condition was broken. These are the only few things that I found. Since, I missed my flight and had no choice because my travel agent booked the room here.

The breakfast buffet was horrible again. Though it was not included in the room price, I was expecting a decent quality. However, to my disappointment there were very few items and they were not fresh.

I have been traveling extensively throughout the US for past year and a half. I have not found any hotel with a big name like this. As a matter of fact I found hotels with less stars far better than this one.

My recommendation:- Stay away from this.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Wichita
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

We checked in late in the evening and they only had one person working the desk. I found it interesting that I booked the "park and fly" rate, however, the worker was surprised that I was parking the car. Parking was fairly limited. For a park and fly hotel, I expected a bigger lot. The lodging was ok, but not what I expected from a Radisson. The sleep number beds were great. The whole hotel looked like it needed a good scrubbing. Shuttle service to and from the hotel was good.

• Liked — Location to the airport
  • Disliked — Overall condition of property
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The pool and hot tub were awful. My dad and boyfriends swim trunkswere bleached from blue to tan! They are completely ruined. Then our flight was early in the morning and we booked the earliest shuttle which we were told was 4:30 am. We're ready to do at 4:15 and no sign of the shuttle. Then we wait for 30 min and we are in crunch time for our flight. It is now 4:45 and still no shuttle! The lady at the desk said to call a taxi. she was NOT helpful at all. My mom asked if the taxi would be paid for since it was not our fault that their staff was not at their job, and she said NO! So now it has been a month since our stay and my mom has called TWO times to complain and see if anything could be done about the taxi fair and the ruined swimsuits and the person told her TWICE, 'sorry, but we aren't going to do anything for you.' This hotel is HORRIBLE and not worth any kind of deal at all. GO TO THE HOLIDAY INN DOWN THE STREET, it's GREAT!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2006

I booked three rooms at this hotel for business travelers. Cold showers and wallpaper peeling off the wall. Thank goodness two of the travelers were only in town for one night. The other gentleman was so disgusted he checked out early. After they told me of their experience, I called the hotel and asked for the front desk manager. He told me the rooms had been renovated and no one has ever complained of not having hot showers. I couldn't believe a mgr was discounting customer remarks. We definitely won't stay there again!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

We stayed at the Kansas City Radisson Airport on October 8, 2005. We were incredibly disappointed, to say the least.

First of all, the paint peeling off the exterior of the building should have been a tip-off. The lobby smelled strongly of deep-fried something and the "decorator rug" in front of the fireplace looked as if it had been used in someone's garage - severely stained and worn. The hallways of the hotel did not appear to have been vacuumed recently and they seemed to have made an attempt to cover the unpleasant smells in the hallways with an equally unpleasant air deodorizer. Doors and woodwork were damaged or badly in need of paint. Upon arriving in our room, we found 2 double beds instead of the king bed we reserved 6 months prior. When we called guest services to correct the situtation, we were informed that all the king beds were taken and there was nothing they could do for us. Then, after making a visit to the front desk, they did provide us with 2 free breakfasts (which we did not use, in our haste to leave this hotel). The toilet in our room ran all night, no matter how much we jiggled the handle.

We attempted to checkout immediately after arriving, but due to the Nascar race in town, no other hotels had available rooms. Needless to say, we did not spend our second night here. The Comfort Suites where we spent our second night could give Radisson a lesson in customer service and hotel maintenance.

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!