“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Hotel

You added Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11828 NW Plaza Circle, Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Airport)   |
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2006

I booked three rooms at this hotel for business travelers. Cold showers and wallpaper peeling off the wall. Thank goodness two of the travelers were only in town for one night. The other gentleman was so disgusted he checked out early. After they told me of their experience, I called the hotel and asked for the front desk manager. He told me the rooms had been renovated and no one has ever complained of not having hot showers. I couldn't believe a mgr was discounting customer remarks. We definitely won't stay there again!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

We stayed at the Kansas City Radisson Airport on October 8, 2005. We were incredibly disappointed, to say the least.

First of all, the paint peeling off the exterior of the building should have been a tip-off. The lobby smelled strongly of deep-fried something and the "decorator rug" in front of the fireplace looked as if it had been used in someone's garage - severely stained and worn. The hallways of the hotel did not appear to have been vacuumed recently and they seemed to have made an attempt to cover the unpleasant smells in the hallways with an equally unpleasant air deodorizer. Doors and woodwork were damaged or badly in need of paint. Upon arriving in our room, we found 2 double beds instead of the king bed we reserved 6 months prior. When we called guest services to correct the situtation, we were informed that all the king beds were taken and there was nothing they could do for us. Then, after making a visit to the front desk, they did provide us with 2 free breakfasts (which we did not use, in our haste to leave this hotel). The toilet in our room ran all night, no matter how much we jiggled the handle.

We attempted to checkout immediately after arriving, but due to the Nascar race in town, no other hotels had available rooms. Needless to say, we did not spend our second night here. The Comfort Suites where we spent our second night could give Radisson a lesson in customer service and hotel maintenance.

• Stayed October 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

The carpet in the room was stained and the loveseat filthy. The bed did not have a mattress pad so I called the front desk and was told that they don't use them anymore. Some rooms have them, others don't. I don't understand that management decision. Pulling off a pad and throwing it in the wash is a lot easier than cleaning a mattress (which probably never happens). We ended up putting a blanket we had under the sheet. Other than that the stay was ok. Buffet breakfast was what you would expect. Dinner in the hotel wasn't that bad. There are numerous chain restaurants 5 minutes from the hotel. Front desk and wait staff were all very nice. We will stay again as it was one of the more affordable hotels in the area over the NASCAR weekend. It's also an easy drive from the Speedway.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2005

I booked the room through hotels. My first mistake! The Radisson has a "Satisfaction Guarantee". If you are not satisfied and the management can't correct the problems; then the they will pay for the stay. But.... not if booked through hotels rather than directly through Radisson. The internet service was down and was not going to be repaired until the day after my departure; although they didn't mention that at check-in. Since I was on business, it was critical that it be working. I spent hours reconfiguring my laptop only to discover the service wasnt even working. The lobby and dining area was filthy. The chairs in the dining room too dirty to sit in. The cook was strolling around using profanity constantly. The clerk who checked me in didnt bother to program my room key card for 2 nights even though it was prepaid through Hotels so the second day as I returned lugging my laptop and other equipment, I couldnt get in the back entrance and had to lug everything all the way around the outside of the hotel. The room had old, worn furniture, 2 clothes hangers (for a 3 day stay) and no iron. The hallways smelled terrible. The staff was totally nonchalant and not helpful at all. I suggest looking across the street as there are 4-5 other hotels next door. Definately won't stay at a Radisson again anytime soon. They seem to be rapidly going downhill! I lost several hours of productivity due to the internet situation which is costly to my business and they refused to honor the guarantee!

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2005

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the look of the remodeled room.
Restaurant service was excellent.

• Stayed February 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2004

This hotel was WONDERFUL!!!!! The staff really made you feel like they were darn glad your were there. From the moment I checked in, to the time I checked out. They went out of their way to make sure all my needs were taken care of. The room was so large I thought they put me in a suite and found out that it was just the normal size room. WOW!!!

The Free High speed internet was a plus. The last time I stayed in Kansas City I had to pay a fee for internet use. Way to go Radisson Hotel at the Airport....Thank you for caring about your guests...

I made a point to meet the General Manager and tell him how great I thought the hotel was. I now know why this hotel knows what the word HOSPITALITY means. It comes from the leadership of this hotel.

Thank you again for letting me tell how good they are.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2004

Great staff and nice hotel. They have been undergoing renovations and it really looks nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the restaurant manager. He is funny and very personable.

Been to Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!