“INSANE.. RIP-OFF.. NEVER AGAIN!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11828 NW Plaza Circle, Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Airport)   |
Ranked #90 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Orlando, Florida
“INSANE.. RIP-OFF.. NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had reserved an airport parking spot online, upon arriving at this location, was ignored initially, then finally was asked "what do you want". I let him know that I had a resv and a flight to catch, which he then refused to view on my phone because it wasn't printed up. (I had prepaid part, and was to pay remainder there.) He was very rude and aggressive - seemed to enjoy berating me with his broken English, and ignored the information I held out to him over and over again. I attempted to read off the info from the emails, he kept saying it's my fault for booking it online (??) Called someone, was speaking Hindi so I didn't understand, but going on 30 minutes now and could not miss my flight. I asked the younger man (turned out to be his son) if he could please help me get a cab to the airport, to which he replied "he'll help you as soon as he's off the phone". I have never seen anything like this. Another woman was waiting with her bags as well, just waiting for him to show us where to park our cars. In the interim he had charged my card a higher amount, still ignoring my confirmation emails from GLOBAL PARKING and reservation # with amount paid. After paying, WAITING longer, still being berated, I simply said "ok, you've already charged me more than was due, but I'll deal with this part later, but yelling about the same thing over and over again won't help, what's done is done. I'm paid in full.. could you please let me know where to park my car so I don't miss my flight?". To this he yelled GO SOMEWHERE ELSE - I'M NOT TAKING YOU ANYWHERE" and threw the cc receipts at me. I was speechless, but then asked the other young man "how can he do this? he's insane!", and he simply said "you'd better watch it - that's my dad you're talking about.. this is just how he is, and you shouldn't have argued back with him." Argued? When?? Have never faced such incompetent unprofessionalism.. I had worked in the hospitality industry for years, (front desk manager at a very nice hotel) and would never have treated a guest in such a rude manner. In the end, I drove to the airport, parked in long term (the only way I'd still make my flight) and paid an additional $117 when I returned. Not only was I charged the full amount at this dump, plus the deposit online with Global, he (mgr) never canceled the transaction!! He ended up with nearly $40 of my money and did nothing for it. I will NEVER recommend this remote parking service, or this disgusting hotel. It smelled of mould, had garbage on the floor and the so called manager clearly has an issue with women who don't agree with his idiotic behavior. F-

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel because they offered shuttle to and from the airport and $4.00 parking per day. When I returned on January 6th, Kansas City was experiencing record COLD temperatures. I called the hotel and was told I needed to stand outside in the median to be picked up. I expressed concerns about the cold but the OWNER told me they were only a few minutes away. After standing in the cold for nearly 20 minutes, I called the hotel. The owner told me that, if I did not stand outside, he would not have his driver pick me up. When I tried to explain that I had been out in the freezing cold, the OWNER proceeded to tell me to "Go to HELL. I am not going to pick you up!!" I managed to get a ride.When I finally got to the hotel, I confronted the owner about how he handled this situation. He proceeded to yell at me again and pick up the phone to call the cops!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The only thing good about this stay was the young woman who took our reservations and it went downhill from there. The hall outside our nonsmoking room reeked of smoke. The room was dirty. Ring around the bowl in the toilet. The air conditioner was noisy. After being in the building for approximately 4 hours I experienced an asthma attack at night. That has never happened to me before. I would not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

mold in shower
ants in your room
no shampoo without asking
a general dirty feeling
a shower you cannot adjust that will beat your skin off
a front desk that cannot break a S20

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable that's all one can ask for during a one night pit-stop. The hotel was a 20 minute drive to downtown Kansas city. We did not make the drive and found a closer place to go out for dinner called Zona Rosa. there were a variety of shops and restaurants in this town-like complex.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! Grear value!!!!! The employes treated us like family!!! The room is big and breakfest is really good. The bar prices are cheap, they have really good specials. The employee Ronda was very sweet and always made us feel like we were important. I will be returning to this hotel and will recomended it to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!