“Extremely Rude Management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11828 NW Plaza Circle, Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Airport)   |
Ranked #90 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Extremely Rude Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel because they offered shuttle to and from the airport and $4.00 parking per day. When I returned on January 6th, Kansas City was experiencing record COLD temperatures. I called the hotel and was told I needed to stand outside in the median to be picked up. I expressed concerns about the cold but the OWNER told me they were only a few minutes away. After standing in the cold for nearly 20 minutes, I called the hotel. The owner told me that, if I did not stand outside, he would not have his driver pick me up. When I tried to explain that I had been out in the freezing cold, the OWNER proceeded to tell me to "Go to HELL. I am not going to pick you up!!" I managed to get a ride.When I finally got to the hotel, I confronted the owner about how he handled this situation. He proceeded to yell at me again and pick up the phone to call the cops!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The only thing good about this stay was the young woman who took our reservations and it went downhill from there. The hall outside our nonsmoking room reeked of smoke. The room was dirty. Ring around the bowl in the toilet. The air conditioner was noisy. After being in the building for approximately 4 hours I experienced an asthma attack at night. That has never happened to me before. I would not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

mold in shower
ants in your room
no shampoo without asking
a general dirty feeling
a shower you cannot adjust that will beat your skin off
a front desk that cannot break a S20

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable that's all one can ask for during a one night pit-stop. The hotel was a 20 minute drive to downtown Kansas city. We did not make the drive and found a closer place to go out for dinner called Zona Rosa. there were a variety of shops and restaurants in this town-like complex.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! Grear value!!!!! The employes treated us like family!!! The room is big and breakfest is really good. The bar prices are cheap, they have really good specials. The employee Ronda was very sweet and always made us feel like we were important. I will be returning to this hotel and will recomended it to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a Clarion until a few days ago. I am guessing the lost their franchise and I saw first hand why. I am pretty sure they are not running the AC in the lobby since the front doors were open on a 97 degree day. Which leads to the flies on the lobby/breakfast area.

The rooms smelled of mildew and the desk person (I think it was a actually the shuttle driver manning the desk) cared less.

Room Tip: shop around