“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Hotel

You added Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11828 NW Plaza Circle, Kansas City, MO 64153 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Airport)   |
Ranked #96 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Toledo, Ohio
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The only thing good about this stay was the young woman who took our reservations and it went downhill from there. The hall outside our nonsmoking room reeked of smoke. The room was dirty. Ring around the bowl in the toilet. The air conditioner was noisy. After being in the building for approximately 4 hours I experienced an asthma attack at night. That has never happened to me before. I would not recommend that anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stay here if you want:

dirt toilet
mold in shower
ants in your room
no shampoo without asking
a general dirty feeling
a shower you cannot adjust that will beat your skin off
a front desk that cannot break a S20

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable that's all one can ask for during a one night pit-stop. The hotel was a 20 minute drive to downtown Kansas city. We did not make the drive and found a closer place to go out for dinner called Zona Rosa. there were a variety of shops and restaurants in this town-like complex.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! Grear value!!!!! The employes treated us like family!!! The room is big and breakfest is really good. The bar prices are cheap, they have really good specials. The employee Ronda was very sweet and always made us feel like we were important. I will be returning to this hotel and will recomended it to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a Clarion until a few days ago. I am guessing the lost their franchise and I saw first hand why. I am pretty sure they are not running the AC in the lobby since the front doors were open on a 97 degree day. Which leads to the flies on the lobby/breakfast area.

The rooms smelled of mildew and the desk person (I think it was a actually the shuttle driver manning the desk) cared less.

Room Tip: shop around
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was hands down the most scummy, disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in.. Upon walking off the elevator onto the 2nd floor where our room was I could instantly smell mold (my 16 month old is VERY allergic to mold and mildew), before even entering our room I went straight back down stairs and asked for a refund due to my daughters allergy and the smell and the JERK (owner, i later found out) stated NO WAY.. that this is how hotels work and I would not be getting one penny back. I then asked if I could speak to some one above him, his exact words were that the only person above him was GOD!!! I was completley shocked and outraged and then I said that was absurd and I wanted to speak with someone and his wife, who out right called me a liar and said that my daughter was not allergic to "anything in their hotel" confirmed that the only person above the JERK I was speaking with was GOD!. Needless to say, we got charged for the room and ended up leaving and having a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Next door

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manhattan, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was easy to get a room. Nice airport shuttle service. But my room was nasty with stained carpet and a flithy shower curtain. I was very unpleased. Will not be staying again I will make sure that I preplan for a cleaner hotel when traveling.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!