“Great Front Desk Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Front Desk Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We checked in after midnight, and were greeted by a friendly front desk agent who promplty and proffesionally checked me and my wife into our room.. In the morning along with this front desk person their shuttle driver was polite and assisted us with our luggage ..
Surprisingly nicer hotel than looks on the outside...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

To start out i checked in with a guy by the name of Dalton and he was very nice and helpful. Then I got to the room and it was very clean and nice. There was lots of room. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who enjoys a nice night of sleep and super clean rooms.

• Stayed June 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We booked this hotel for our Kansas City vacation and had very few negatives. The hotel was clean, the rooms were excellent, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom door needed some fixing, but other than that we enjoyed the room. The breakfast was also good. A very standard hot continental breakfast by todays standards. No fresh fruit or anything though. That would have been nice. Not many healthy options at the breakfast.

The only major negative for us was the proximity of this hotel to area tourist attractions. It is meant for business travelers and pre or post airline flight travelers. So I would not grade the hotel down much on this as it is probably not meant to cater much to tourists in KC on vacation.

Finally, I was never able to get my Southwest Airline Rapid Rewards number added to the reservation in order to get my Rapid Rewards points for booking through Southwest. The front desk staff tried to help, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. The staff was very courteous, but either they did not know what they were doing or the system was messed up. I am still trying to get my points added and hopefully it can be made right.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. Clean, safe, helpful staff, and good location if this is the part of town you want to be in or if you are using the airport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

PROS:
-Large rooms--we had 2 queen beds and then there was a large sitting area with a sofa (which can be turned into a bed as well), chair, and several chairs with a table. The sitting area was very spacious. There is also an area with a counter top and sink by the fridge and microwave. The vanity area was also large as well. We were able to put our baby's pack and play in that area and there was a wall there so the baby could not see us (which made it very convenient for night time).
-It is very close to the airport, which makes it nice if you are flying out. You don't really notice any airplane noise either, which is a plus--unlike some airport hotels.
-Good value for size of room--for the size of the room, we thought the price was very good.
-Clean rooms
-Beds were very comfortable. We all got a good night's sleep there, which is always important when staying at a hotel!!
-Easy location right off the highway with not a lot of traffic.
-Safe location.
-Staff was friendly.
-Provided breakfast--your normal continental breakfast not much to it but it was plenty for us before heading out in the morning.

CONS:
-Older hotel--You can tell they did renovations fairly recently but it was still an older hotel. The wallpaper was yellowing and stained in some spots in our room. The couch in our room seemed like it had seen better days. The tub floor had rust stains and just overall wear marks on it. There were spaces between the doors when you closed them--this included the front door--almost like the door had been replaced and didn't quite fit the old door frame or something like that. The TV in the room was a non-flat screen TV. We didn't really watch any TV so it didn't really matter to us.
-There weren't any restaurants in the area. Even to get fast food you had to get on the freeway and drive about 10 minutes. If you stay here, either bring your food, eat before you get here, or be prepared to drive at least 10 minutes to get food.
-COLD Pool--the pool was not heated. When we walked into the room that the pool was in, it seemed really nice. But the pool was just plain FREEZING cold. We were excited about the indoor pool but didn't end up swimming too long because of the cold temperature! The hot tub was a nice way to warm up though!

Overall, we found this hotel to be pretty average--really nothing too special about it--but for the price we paid I thought it was an overall good value for the size of the room we got. I would probably look for another option next time we are in KC but it's not a bad option either. Overall, I would rate it a 3.5 stars if I could but that rating is not an option...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

After 12 hours with three of travel with 2 children this was a great place to stop and rest before the next stretch of the trip. The room was very spacious and the beds were great. The appliances in the room were helpful and the breakfast was good. Very nice place to stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I always stay here when I fly out of K.C., to drive down from Iowa and spend the night, is cheaper to fly out there then here. The staff have always been polite and friendly with me. Some know me by name but its still mister. The breakfast in the morning is a extra nice touch, and most places are that way. Also I'm able to leave my car there when gone and there is no worry. The beds are comfortably and the linden are fine. There is never a problem of receiving extra towels, pillows or blankets, just ask, and are more than happy to meet your needs. The pool is always clean and relaxing too. One year a few years ago, I got back in middle of winter, and was staying the night, because of hour of return. There was a storm and the roads were closed and hotel let people stay for half price. The good service continued, so before you rate it, find out what they do for us travelers, then be fair. I have found no business prefect, but this one place good enough for me..

• Stayed February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I would like to recommend
Quality Suites at 11951 NW Ambassador Dr, Kansas City, MO 64153 . The accommodations are supreme, the entire staff especially Donald Ray, manager, are experts in hospitality. I will be staying at Quality Suites whenever I travel through or stay in Kansas City, Missouri.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Suites Airport Kansas City? Share your experiences!