“Best Staff!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Kansas City Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Kansas City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7901 North Tiffany Springs Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #25 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Omaha
“Best Staff!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Cindy was a true example of how the hospitality industry should be. My family enjoyed our stay at this property, she went out of her way to block rooms that we would be near each other. The location of the hotel was close to restaurants and easy to get to off of the interstate. The housekeeping staff was very friendly as well, asked me if I needed anything towels etc. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Yes, I must agree. Cindy is the epitome of hospitality! What you experienced is Cindy each and everyday. So, happy to hear the housekeeping staff was engaging with you and your family. Thank you for your business and loyalty to Marriott.

Shawn Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stopped in for the night at the end of a long road trip. Hotels are generally scattered in KC and there are not a lot of options along I-70 so we ended up coming up here by the airport. I booked this last minute and accidentally booked the wrong night. I called the morning of to confirm and the associate who answered mentioned that I was supposed to have arrived the night before. She kindly moved it without any issues or penalty. Thank you again!

We got in late and went right to the room. The location is quiet and check-in was a breeze. The room was nice and the beds were really comfortable. We didn't take advantage of the amenities so I can't comment on those, but we were more than pleased with the room and the accommodating, friendly staff. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Great to read that the staff empowered themselves and took great care of you concerning the reservation. I will be using your experience as a conversation starter about takiing care of the guest at the next Front Desk meeting. Thank you for the feedback and your business.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our recent experience at this property was delightful due to two specific staff members, Judy at the front desk and Thomas in the cafe'. Both Hosts went the extra mile to personalize our visit. They were cheerful, helpful and truly a great example of 'hospitality.' The property was easy to locate, clean, updated, and comfortable. We hope to return one day.

Room Tip: 3rd floor King bed was quiet and enjoyable.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback about Thomas and Judy. We are very lucky to have them. I will be sharing your comments at our next staff meeting. Thank you for your business and loyalty to Marriott.

Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

It has been a few years since I stayed at a Courtyard property. I think I was expecting something a little more upscale in a hotel. It was clean and well maintained. We checked in the late afternoon and were received by a pleasent desk clerk who gave us a room on the top floor. The only drawback with the assigned room,that it was a totally handicapped accessible hotel unit with a small basin and a handheld shower sprayer functional at chest level height. We had just driven over 550 miles and very exhausted. We had a good night sleep in the the unit which was comfortable with a soothing decor. The staff,including management was professional and seemed generally seemed concerned by my inquiry, the next day, as to why I was assigned the handicap room. I think if my stay had been longer, I would have been given a regular type of room. The taxes on the room seemed inordinately high for a property that was 6.5 miles the airport. City and county governments showing its best gouging practices of taxing anything and everything. Being from Minnesota, land of 10,000 taxes, I am very aware of paying for a high cost structure of government entities. One thing I was puzzled by, why Courtyard does not offer any freebies, such as a continental breakfast and, no newspaper delivered to the room. I noticed the only paper available was McPaper, USA Today. I am no longer a road warrior, however I think a Marriott chain such as the Fairfield Inns have pulled even with the Courtyards, and Intercontinental's revamped Holiday Inn properties have made the Courtyard portfolio a little stale. I have one more stay booked in a brand new Courtyard. I may change my opinion.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within Marriott. Thank you for your business and loyalty.

Salisbury, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had previously always stayed at the Marriott Airport Hotel on the airport property, but that was booked so I arranged to stay at the Courtyard...and what a blessing! The staff were so gracious and helpful, the room immaculate with many amenities. I was allowed an early check-in before 30 hours of flying to Vienna/Sarajevo. The food in the lobby restaurant was healthy and delicious and the free computer boarding pass access was right in the lobby and very convenient. I did not use the fitness facility or pool/jacuzzi, but they were more than adequate, clean, and provided lots of towels. The inside courtyard was lovely. My room was so quiet that I was able to get 10 hours (!!) uninterrupted sleep before my flight. Shuttle driver to the airport was more than helpful and the transport was effortless and right on time. Thank you so much for making what is usually very stressful travel so pleasant!

Room Tip: Even though the hotel was pretty full and I was given a room on the main floor by the courtyard it w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your stay here at the Kansas City Airport Courtyard. Great to hear you had a 5 star stay with us. We hope you had a great trip to Vienna/Sarajevo. We will be sharing your comments with the staff.
Thank you again for your business and loyalty to Marriott. Have a safe trip back to the United States.

Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I first want to start by saying how nice and accommodating the staff were. I arrived late in the evening, 11pm or so. I had to change rooms 3 times before I found one clean enough to stay the night in. Almost all had terrible stains on the carpets. I found hairs on the clean sheets and dirt on the floor. I would most likely not ever stay here again as it definitely was not up to Marriott standards in my opinion. The did credit me points for the room charge and again were very pleasant and accommodating. The manager even called me back the next day and provided excellent customer service. If only this hotel had a remodel or a good cleaning, it would be great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Again, Our apologies. We have followed up and corrected what you have shared with us. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

SOUTH JORDAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stay here as it was close to my appointment. The staff was friendly and the service was good.
The room was clean and had no problems. I normally don't like ground floor rooms but had no real problems with this room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has courtyard view, not parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and loyalty to Marriott. Great to hear we met your expectations.

Shawn Jackson

Been to Courtyard Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!