“Did Not Care For....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Kansas City Airport

You added Courtyard Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Kansas City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7901 North Tiffany Springs Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Did Not Care For....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were scheduled to stay here for three nights and checked out after the first night. Our room had a heavy stench of smoke smell, and the general room felt dirty. Windows were so filthy that you could hardly see out of them. Dark dingy hallways. Our room had a metal door between us and another room. We could here every word said and all noise coming from the adjoining room. The bar of soap in the box had obviously been used because it was just half a bar of soap! We would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. My apologies. I would like to speak with you to determine what room you stayed in and to get addtional information. You may call me at 816 891-7500 or emai me at shawn.jackson@marriott.com. I want to address housekeeping and take the room off market that you stayed in. Again, my apologies for this experience.

Shawn Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

They have a shuttle to and from airport. The hotel is very clean and has a modern chic decor. The bed was comfortable. Pillows were all but cozy. The noise level was minimal. The customer service was very nice and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again. I was only here got a short business trip.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and your business.

Shawn
Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Despite the construction surrounding the property, and the kind of shabby exterior, the inside of this hotel was gorgeous! It's obviously recently been remodeled and was very impressive. The staff was very friendly and the room very comfortable. My only complaint is that the airport shuttle driver seemed a little too sleepy at 6:00 in the morning and made me nervous. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your concern. I do apologize that our driver gave the impression that he was sleepy. I will be speaking with our drivers about how we represent ourselves when we provide this service. Also, our landscaping company is working on our summer display this week. The contruction does not provide very good curb appeal. Once the construction is complete we will be updating addtional landscaping. Thank you for your feedback and business.

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good location. Close to the airport and to shopping and dining. Clean rooms and friendly staff. A/C worked well and wasn't too noise. Lots of construction around the hotel so a little difficult navigating into the lot, but otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. The construction in front of the hotel will be completed this fall. Our new driveway did open May 26th which has provided much easier access to the hotel. Thank you again for your business and loyalty to Marriott.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

What a great place! I was driving south and a storm was rolling in - I stopped at this hotel - I had no reservation. The sky was dark and the wind was howling.....the staff was quick to comfort me and ensure me that they had a room and a safety plan in the event the weather became a threat.
I slept like a baby! Thanks to the staff for making me feel so safe on such a scary weather day!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Hotel is next door to Cracker Barrel Restaurant - easy access to comfort food!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Yes, the weather in the midwest can be scary. Great to hear the staff put you at ease during such a stressfull time. Thank you for staying with us!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Big renovation recently on this hotel so feels new. Breakfast was included for us. Different breakfast arrangement than others. No buffet, you order from a simple menu (good selection) and it is prepared on the spot. We liked it.

Lot of road construction going on right out front so getting in and out was a little tricky.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and happy to see we were a 5 out of 5 rating. In regards to the construction I am excited to report our new front driveway will be open next Tuesday, May 27th. This will make arrival to the hotel 100% easier. There will still be construction for a few months longer on the I-29 ramps. Thank you again for your business.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I am very picky about airport hotels. Usually they can charge more for less as it is about location/convenience. I am usually flying out the next morning and just want a good's night sleep.

This Courtyard is in the true Courtyard floorplan (square shape with a courtyard in the center. This means multiple entry/exit points from the parking as well as from the room. Very easy to come and go. Check-in was quick. Did not use the fitness center/pool, but others were using it.
It was amazingly quiet, but I guess the airport is not as busy as main hubs.
Quick shot to the airport in less than 10 minutes.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and it was fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pleased to hear we were able to provide you with a great 1 night stay. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and your business.

Shawn Jackson

Been to Courtyard Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!