“Great option near KCI” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Kansas City Airport

You added Courtyard Kansas City Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Kansas City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7901 North Tiffany Springs Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #27 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Columbia, Missouri
“Great option near KCI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel last week before an early morning flight. I stay in Marriott properties frequently but had always been turned off by this hotel because of how it looks on the outside. I'm glad I gave it a chance because I was pleasantly surprised. While the hotel is older than most Courtyard properties, the interior has been completely updated. The room was very comfortable and the common areas were very modern. I will definitely consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about the Kansas City Airport Courtyard. I am pleased to read we exceeded your expectations. I would be interested in speaking with you on how we could have moved your rating of our hotel from a 4 to a 5. We are always looking to improve. If you so desire please contact me at 816 891 7500. Thank you again for your business and taking the time to share your thoughts.

Shawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Murfreesboro, Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

It takes me months to plan trips to see my Family in KC. I research hotels by reviews then I have to bargain hunt. I read all the reviews for this hotel and they were not wrong.
First what impressed me the most is that the manger has taken the time to answer these reviews. Which tells me he cares about his customers, let's face it folks that is a rarity this day and age. When we checked in I have to say that it is the friendliest staff I have EVER encountered at hotel. The room was awesome clean and spacious. The bed is to die for!!! I had a terrible time trying to get me husband up. :) My only complaint and it is my personal preference and should take away from the hotel at all. It needed more trash cans. When I left the work out room it took me forever to find some where to throw away my water bottle which I ended up throwing away in the women's bathroom.
Everyone has a different opinion on what makes a great hotel. In all the hotels I have stayed over the years this by far surpasses all of them. I will most defiantly stay here again on my next trip to KC. Thank you so much all of the staff at courtyard for the great job you do. It is most defiantly appreciated !

Stayed November 2013
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your endoresment of the Kansas City Airport Courtyard! It is great to hear we are consistent with our service and delivery. I will be sharing your comments with the staff during our Holiday celebration. Thank you again for your business and loyalty to Marriott.

South Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We (senior married couple) found this hotel to be all it was claimed to be by other tripadvisor reviewers. In fact it was one of the nicest, most comfortable, most convenient hotel rooms we have ever stayed in. The deep-discount rate we paid did not include free breakfast, which did not matter much to us, as we usually get up too early and hit the road before hotel breakfasts begin serving anyway. If free breakfast mattered to us, then I would lower my rating a notch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your enjoyable stay. Appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and your business.

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is very clean, which is a requirement because I am very particular about the type of hotel my family & I stay in. The customer service was excellent & the hotel looked updated. I thought the room decor was very nice; although, the walls were def. thin. The only downside about this hotel is it is about 15 min.s away from downtown KC, but other than that, you really get your money's worth here. There is a small refrigerator in the room & you get free in room wi-fi. Our room also had a nice little balcony. There are a few restaurants literally a hop & skip away from the hotel: Ruby Tuesday, Waffle House, Wendy's & Cracker Barrel. I highly recommend this hotel for a nice pleasant stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
It is great to hear you had an excellent stay with us here at the Kansas City Airport Courtyard. Thank you for the positve comments. The free WiFi is a big plus and having a refrigerator in the room helps also. Thanks for your loyalty to Marriott.

manhattan, ks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through priceline and to be completely honest, i almost threw the reservation away. I stayed at a Courtyard Kansas City airport about ten years ago, and it was awful. I decided one night wouldn't kill me and i kept the reservation. Boy did this Courtyard surprise me! The rooms are great! Fantastic bed, very clean, updated, modern, bright decor. The hotel is also very convenient to restaurants (two or three that you can easily walk to, they are so close) and the airport shuttle is great. Room had a coffeemaker and a small refrigerator. If you need an airport hotel in kansas city, i highly recommend this place. However, be warned that if you need more than one bed, do not book via a third party website, or priceline.We were two adults traveling and did not wish to share a bed. The desk clerk stated that they are not allowed to change third party reservations from king bed to two queen. She stated that a room with two queens is more expensive although they are listed as the same price on marriott's website. I have used priceline for booking, dozens of times and this is the first time that i was unable to request a room with two beds, maybe it's a Courtyard rule. There is a somewhat uncomfortable sofa bed available. Front desk staff also did not answer the phone either of the two times we called (seriously, 70+ rings each time), went to the desk in person and the clerk said the phone had not rang. Save yourself the trip, if you are looking for the bedding for the sofa bed - it's in one of the dresser drawers.

• Stayed October 2013
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay. We did fine a kink in the phone cord which would explain the issue of the Front Desk not answering the phone. My apologies. We are very proud of our Bistro and newly remodled rooms. Appreciate you giving us a 2nd try and your loyalty to Marriott.

Orland Park, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the last year to visit family and will be staying again for a few days in December. They have an airport shuttle that is free and will take you to shopping centers (there is a really nice Dillards Dept. Store nearby) or restaurants nearby as well as the airport if you are stuck without a car. There is a small restaurant which is ok for breakfast but there is a good chain restaurant, a Cracker Barrel right across the street as well. The only thing I don't like is that they have Starbucks coffee which I am not a fan of. All in all, its a really great, reasonably priced place to stay while in KC. Very clean with comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Great to hear we have met your expectations when staying in Kansas City. If there is anything we can do on your upcoming trip please let us know. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you in December.

Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed here one night while waiting to fly out the next day. The location is very close to the airport and just down the road from an outdoor shopping center with restaurants. The hotel seemed a little old, the floor in my room felt dirty-I wanted to keep my shoes on anytime I walked on it. Also this is one that has balcony doors that open-I was on a higher floor so it was ok-but traveling as a solo female-I would request a higher floor for safety. Also I had to keep the bathroom door closed because the toilet kept making a noise every few minutes that was loud.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
My apologies for the running toilet and the impression that the guest room carpet was dirty. We do have a consistent General Clean/Preventive Maintenance program in place. I was hoping you could call me (816) 891 7500 or email me at shawn.jackson@marriott.com to discuss your experience and share with me your room number. I want to follow up with our team and review the documentation of when we last serviced (GC/PM) the room. Thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to speaking with you.

Shawn Jackson

Been to Courtyard Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!