“Nice Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Albuquerque, United States
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a very nice place to stay. The rooms were quite and the beds are very comfortable. There is a very nice breakfast bar which includes a wide variety of items. I would stay here again if traveling into Kansas City MO.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hays, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Overview: Recently refurbished, and is clean, well kept, and comfortable. Convenient to the airport as it is only 3 miles away. Small fee to leave your car there while you are away, but well worth it. Free shuttle service to the airport.

Pros:Clean, comfortable, friendly staff, quick check in-out, free shuttle. and park and fly for small fee.

Cons:Pool water was cloudy with heavy chloramine smell indicating dirty pool. Needed shocked. No hot tub. Small pillows. No complementary breakfast.

Bottom Line: If you are looking for a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay before you head out of town, this is the place to stay!

Green Features: Should consider switching their pool to salt water, and get rid of a few harsh pool chemicals
West Palm Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This entire property is near-impeccable. The staff was friendly and helpful, the building looked and felt new. Everything was clean, and the fixtures had that "high end" feel.

When you use this kind of hotel, there are no free meals and you should expect to pay a premium in the bar and restaurant. Other than that, you expect your entire experience to be top rate, and that at price-point you don't expect to be nickel-and-dimed.

What I did NOT expect was the terribly slow Internet. I suspect that they have throttled back the speed of the "complimentary" Internet service in a sad attempt to extort an extra $9.95/day for their "enhanced" Internet service. This is a small matter that really left me with a greasy feeling. Hilton, you are better than this!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonKansasCity, General Manager at Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Vaughn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our recent multi-million dollar renovation to the property. As far as the internet is concerned I will have our team take a look at this. There is a speed difference between premium and complimentary. We look forward to having you back when your travels bring you to Kansas City.

Statesville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I spent 4 nights traveling on business. The check in was easy and staff accommodating.

My room was exceptionally large and mostly clean although I did notice a missed area around the toilet that was never cleaned all week. They also missed stocking different items all week. One day it was only one coffee pack, the next day it was soap. Another note about cleaning: there wasn't a remote control in my room when I arrived. After a call to the front desk, someone arrived very quickly with a replacement. The morning I left, I looked under everything to make sure I hadn't dropped anything and found the original remote behind a chair in an area that would easily be vacuumed.

All in all a comfortable stay but I do question the overall cleanliness due to the areas mentioned above.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review and give feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for the "misses" in housekeeping. I have followed up with our Housekeeping Staff to ensure we are discussing these and to ensure we don't have this happen again. I do hope you will give us another opportunity when you come back to Kansas City!

Trenton MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Airport Hilton is the place to stay if you are looking for beautiful surroundings, great food, and a friendly staff. They greet you at the front desk with a smiling, helpful face. Anytime you meet staff in the halls, they are always asking if they can assist you. Great hotel for business or pleasure. You won't be disappointed with this hotel as your choice!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonKansasCity, General Manager at Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Cathy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the comments about our staff and their engagement. We enjoyed having you at the hotel and look forward to having you back again!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first visit to this Hilton hotel located at the Kansas City airport. It was a Monday evening. I rarely visit Kansas City on business. I had to rent a car to pick up my business associates from the airport tomorrow morning for our 11am meeting in Kearney. The hotel is conveniently located several miles from the airport. The hotel was easy to find using my GPS.

The Hilton is quite large. The cocktail lounge off the lobby was hopping when I arrived in the evening. My hotel check-in went smoothly. As a Hilton honors gold member I received my complimentary buffet breakfast coupon. My room was very nice. Check out the view from my room #434. As you can see there is not much to see from a Kansas City airport hotel. My room cost was a reasonable $151.68.

My only complaint regarding this hotel was my internet access in the morning, which was very slow and intermittent. The buffet breakfast and my check-out was very smooth.

If I ever return to Kansas City I will be sure to return here.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Tony,

Thank for the review. We appreciate the feedback. Glad to see you enjoyed our newly renovated property! I will follow up on the internet issue. I do apologize for the inconvenience it caused. We can't wait to have you back again!

Kansas Airport, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would like to give "Good" rating, but couldnt find it in the choices. Stay on 8th level. I stayed for 4 days. My issue was with the TV. It didnt work for most of the time. The technician looked it and said, he fixed it, on day one. It worked okay at the time. But had issues the next 3 day. Had a blank screen which read "No signal". Watched netflix on my phone instead.

Vijay,

We appreciate your feedback. I do apologize for the TV issues. I will follow up with our Engineering staff to correct the issue. We just recently upgraded our system and there were a couple of glitches that we found. We do hope you give us another chance when your travels bring you to Kansas City.

Mark

Been to Hilton Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!