“What you expect” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Kansas
“What you expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

And for a Hilton that is a good thing. No surprises here, solid rooms, staff and bar.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I recommend this hotel if you need easy access to airport. There is not a lot around hotel, so I doubt it is a tourist hotspot.

I had an early flight, so chose this hotel due to its easy access to highway, short distance to airport and airport shuttle that operates early.

This is a full amenity Hilton, as HH Gold, I was able to get an early check in.
Also received breakfast coupons for full buffet.
The hotel is well kept. Clean.
Check in staff is friendly and check in was a breeze.
The restaurant staff were very friendly and service was top!
Refills were often, even without asking.
The full breakfast buffet included artisan breads, granola, prosciutto, goat cheese, plenty of fruit and yogurt plus scrambled eggs that were actually very delicious.

Rooms and bathrooms are well kept, view is either parking lot view or city view. Beds are comfortable, AC works, rooms have floor to ceiling windows. Large flatscreen, desk and coffee maker with Lavazza pods that personally I do not care for.

Parking is plentiful and free. There is a gas station adjacent to property, convenient to fill up rental car before returning to airport.

I did see that toilet flushing was slow, I would guess old hotel with old plumbing, but it worked.

I did not use pool/gym. wifi is complimentary for HH members, it was reliable, decent speed and never got disconnected.

I would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Get room facing away from airport to avoid any noise
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed here for two nights with husband and daughter. Husband was there for a conference, we tagged along for a mini weekend vacation. First issue were the long blond hairs hanging from the lamp shades between the beds and under the tissue box in the bathroom. Called the front desk and was told we couldn't be moved to another room-they were fully booked! Funny, I hadn't asked to change rooms, I was just going to ask for the cleaning to be touched up. When no one came to our room after 20 minutes I decided the front desk wasn't being in a helpful mood and took care of it myself. The A/C unit in our room was also very loud-woke all of us up through the night. This appeared to be a common complaint with others attending the conference staying on our floor. The pool-basic, but clean and heated. It is indoor with a glass wall one can swim under to reach an outdoor section of the pool. The dinner we had at the conference was better than some I've had. Service was pleasant, food was not cold and not bland. They do have a restaurant on site that serves typical American fare as well as BBQ selections. Daughter liked the BBQ, entree salad was good value. Soup tasted good, but a little overpriced for the portion received. Their breakfast bar offers a great deal of variety and was kept well stocked. Overall, it wasn't horrible, but there are other facilities in the area that are better. Also, not so much a complaint, but a oddity about this hotel- the rooms have either 1 king or two double beds. No queen bed options. Makes for tight quarters if your used to a queen or king.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Usually the Hilton is a safe bet. I would however avoid the Hilton near the airport in Kansas City MO. We checked into our room and upon returning we noticed our bathtub was filled with black debris. We called the front desk and they explained, "Oh yes this is an old hotel, and when many guests are showering our pipes "burp." Which of course means we had raw sewage debris in the bottom of our shower which is extremely dangerous due to bacteria etc. We tried washing the shower down but the debris was not easy to wash down.

A few positives. The breakfast is outstanding with plenty to choose from, although it is a bit pricey (over $15.00) per person. The staff is very helpful. The printer in their business office was not printing so the staff allowed me to print a few things I needed.

I would not recommend nor stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

No executive lounge, decent (but not outstanding) breakfast buffet.

Dinner was a fair..."barbeque sampler" was not hot...perhaps warmed up instead of fresh.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GM_HiltonKansasCity, General Manager at Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We appreciate the feedback as we are always striving to give our guests the best experience possible. We have plans this year to update the hotel and will be adding an Executive lounge. I will defiantely pass on the information regarding your food quality to our Chef. We are very proud of the food quality here at the hotel and ensure you this will be addressed.

Thank you again for the time and feedback.

Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stayed here for easy access to the airport to catch a morning flight. The hotel shuttle runs every 15 minutes starting at 4:00 AM.

The front desk clerk was accommodating and exceptionally nice when I checked in. The hotel was hosting some sort of 4H convention, and there were quite a few kids in the lobby. At my request for a quiet room, they put me on the top floor (11) towards the end of the hall - nice and quiet, with an awesome view. I was a bit surprised that I could still hear the highway noise (I-29) when the HVAC fan was off, but had no problems sleeping with the HVAC fan on.

This hotel is showing its age, with drab carpeting and some stains on the upholstery. TV reception is poor, with the exception of a couple of channels.

Following the recommendation of a co-worker, I pigged out on the Munchin' Hogs sample bbq plate - ribs, chicken, and brisket - with an excellent, spicy sauce. Lots of food, reasonably priced even for room service. I like the Lavazza coffee provided in the rooms - nice smooth taste.

Brian,

Thank you for your comments. I wanted to let you know that the hotel is scheduled for a renovation in the 3rd quater of this year. We will be updating our public space, meeting space, and restaurant areas. Next year we will be addressing the rooms.

Glad you enjoyed the BBQ. Our Chef took home the team of the year for 2011 on the Kansas City BBQ Society tour, which encompasses several competitions throughout the United States.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012 via mobile

I stay at lots of hotels for my job and this was the worse. There was no complimentary breakfast dinner happy hour etc and the room as small for the price. The tv was staticy no good picture. Overpriced lesson learned.

• Stayed February 2012
GM_HiltonKansasCity, General Manager at Hilton Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on our hotel. I do apologize if we did not live up to your expectations. We work very hard to ensure that our guests receive a value for price paid for their stay. I would be more than happy to discuss further your stay with us. Please contact me at mkrtek@hiltonkci.com.

Mark

Been to Hilton Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!