“Nice place to stay near airport!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary WiFi & More
Ranked #44 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice place to stay near airport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Although slightly outdated, this place is solid, quiet and a nice hotel , esp. if you can snag it on Priceline. There's free wi-fi in the lobb,y but they want to snag $10 for it in your room????
There were 3 seperate wedding receptions at this location while we were there, yet the noise wasn't objectionable. No airplane noise either - despite being just across the interstate.
There's not a lot of dining options in this location but driving down south to Barry Rd. is about 10 mins and theres dozens of venues there!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

When we opened the door to our room the odor of heavy cigarette smoke almost knocked us over. We decided to make coffee and one of the cups had lipstick on it. Room desparately needed to be redecorated and dusty. Very dissappointed in cleanliness. This is the second Hilton we have stayed at and both places were suffering in the housekeeping department.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights attending a workshop. Had exceptional service from maidservice to the front desk to the excellent restaurant
Great precore euipmebt in the gym

• Stayed December 2011
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is an older property and it really shows with being a little rough around the edges, but the friendly staff and the excellent BBQ in the restaurant are the gems of this Hilton.

My room was large with comfy beds and linens, but the carpet was pulling up in the corners and there were spots of mold on the ceiling above the shower in the popcorn ceiling. The fixtures were dated but the furnishings were much more modern and stylish.

I received an excellent rate through Priceline, but I would not pay more than that for the room accomodations. Now the restaurant, that is worth the trip. The chef is a competition BBQ chef and has brisket, pulled pork, chicken and ribs on the menu. He also has a 'griller' of your choice of BBQ meat and cheese on grilled bread which was my choice and it was soooo yummy. Staff was great, friendly but still left me alone on my computer to get some work done.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The hotel had it's plus's and minus's. The bed was amazing. I've heard of people stealing robes. I wish I could sneak this bed out. It was big and plush w/ plenty of good pillows. I dealt w. the front desk 4 times with questions and they were very helpful. Even providing me w/ some free toothpaste after I asked if there was a place I could purchase some. The parking was cheaper than MCI Economy and the shuttle was much faster than waiting for Economy parking bus. When I landed back at MCI I called when leaving the gate to notify them that I had landed. I stopped to use the restroom and headed to the shuttle stop right as they were pulling in. Super fast!! The downfalls were small. The cable was a bit fuzzy. The air / highway traffic was fairly loud. The decor is a little old. But all in all will stay here again if I have another early MCI flight.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed here after Thanksgiving with the family, prior to an early morning flight back home.

The staff is welcoming and nice. The hotel decor is a bit dated.

The airport shuttle is 24/7 on-demand, a huge plus and the rate we got couldn't be beat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I Got there very late. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT order from the late night menu. It's all cold sandwiches and cold stale chips. And, the room had that "carpet Fresh" type smell to it. However, everyone there was very nice and helpful. They had an answer for every question I threw at them. And now, 2 days later, I called to see if I could get a copy of my incidental charges since my 3 year old twins tore my copy up. It was in my email inbox before I hung up. The restaurant was clean and the food good, but my waiter was a very pleasant young man who I expect to go very far. Also, very close to the airport. I was tired and it was late. But, the shuttle had me there in minutes.

Room Tip: High Floor and away from the elevator ( and vending and ice machine all very close to each other.