“Pretty good Que!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Pretty good Que!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Taking the opportunity to make another stop on BBQ feast, we ventured into Smokin Guns BBQ.
For a small venue, which by the way they are building a new place next door, it fulfilled our need for ribs.
The rib had nice smoke rings and flavor, the cole slaw was great, and the sweet potatoe waffle fries came out of a frozen package.
Service was very friendly.
This is not one of those places right off the highway, of course none of the good places are!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Memphis Style Dry Rub Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Very good Memphis style dry rub ribs with a tangy dry rub. Nice side choices with the apple crisp the best. Ordinary pulled pork.

Clever
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My boyfriend lives in KC and had been to Smokin' Guns before. He is not a huge fan of ribs, but ordered them anyway and loved them. When I went up this weekend to visit him, he took me here. It was during the slow time, so maybe that makes a difference, but we were both under-impressed with our meals. It was good, but not amazing. The meat (ribs and burnt ends) were lacking flavor which made me disappointed. My boyfriend was surprised at the difference in the quality of meals he'd had there. I'm not opposed to trying Smokin' Guns again, because I think they have a lot of potential, but this experience just wasn't up to par.

• Visited September 2012
Goddard, Kansas
“Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives Stop #32”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is the 32nd restaurant I've been to that's been featured on Triple D. It was good, but not quite "excellent" though. I've actually had much better BBQ in my hometown of Wichita. I finished my meal and my friend did too but we remarked on our way back out to thecar that we were a little disappointed in our experience. Again, it was not bad - it just was not what we had it in our minds what it was going to be. We will try another place next time we are in the KC area.

• Visited August 2012
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Good burnt ends & ribs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went with the wife & kids and left happy. Burnt ends were VERY tasty and melted in your mouth. The ribs fell off the bone and were also awesome. Brisket was a little disappointing. Also enjoyed the potato casserole. Looks like they are building a bigger restaurant next door, which will be nice. This was good enough for me to go again if I was close-by. Otherwise, I would probably try one of the many other BBQ options in KC.

• Visited August 2012