“Great restaurant and very nice service!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-29 & Barry Road
Description: Hereford House is one of the finest steak houses in the United States. The Hereford House provides incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere.
Chihuahua
“Great restaurant and very nice service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The area where this restaruant is located is very nice, so you can walk around after lunch (if weather permits). We had a very early dinner (around 430 PM) and we had a very nice service, and the dinner was good. I have only two comments: they did not make us aware that they ran out of Isberg lettuce, until they brought the salads, and two, they did not know what macciato was!. But out of that, the steaks were cooked right, the entres were good, and the desserts were great. And the companion made everything mix perfectly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
Yorktown, Virginia
“Rather average despite its rep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our server was excellent, however the cesar salads were just average as was the asperagus. My prime rib was good but my friend's sliced sirloin was undercook (asked for medium and got it rare to medium rare --- they took it back and cooked it some more but that didn't help with trying to dine together). Quality of the food not in line with the prices. I wouldn't go back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Nice steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had an early dinner. No problems with service and the steak and sides were done right and very good. Server was attentive and pace was good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olathe, Kansas
“Be wary, problems ahead”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have probably eaten here 4-5 times will similar experience so we will not be back. We met some out of town guests here for lunch a couple of Sundays ago. We chose this restaurant, knowing that we would pay $2 more per lunch than neighborhoring restaurnats, like 54th Street Grill & Bar or Granite City Food & Brewery. We expected our guests to receive an excellent experience. Unfortunately the experience wasn’t even mediocre, it was bad.
Atmosphere – Nice and quite compared to the peer restaurants mentioned above. Perfect for having a conversation and relaxed atmosphere. The one positive.
Service – Slow. The restaurant was about 30% full. What should have been a 50 minute lunch turned into over an hour and a half. The server spoke super soft (could barely hear him) and moved about one mile per hour. He had no ability to recognize customers needs, such as where are you and we said we have dinner plans so no need for apps or desert and we need to eat now. His greeting was a couple of minutes after being sat, and was a “I’ll be with you in a minute” then disappear for 5. The drink order took 5-7 minutes to deliver, which was too long for ice teas and pop. When ready to order, we grew restless after a few minutes (like literally 10 minutes) so we eventually stopped someone else on the floor. She was unable to locate our server and ended up taking our order instead. He had lots of emphasis on selling appetizers when taking our drink order then later pushed desserts, all of which was just annoying when we specifically stated at the beginning that all we wanted was lunch. The server should take a visual of the table when asking if everything was okay three minutes after our food runner delivered food and two of the six of us were still missing our plates. They showed up five minutes after that. Oh, no refills offered or given until after we were done eating.
Food – I heard that the steak soup was excellent. Unfortunately my French dip was on dried out bread (not just crispy) and the meat was barely warm, over cooked and had no flavor. I seriously had a better sandwich at Arby’s. My neighbor’s sandwich was also barley warm and generally lacked in flavor and didn’t have a freshness about it. Our fries were cold. Would have complained but by now we were an hour into this commitment and server was not available most the time.
Value – In the past I would have been willing to pay a premium for the Hereford House. At this point, even if they were cheaper than neighboring competition, We will not go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Arab, Alabama, United States
“I liked this better than Ruth's Chris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ruth's Chris was the best steak I'd ever had until I came here this weekend. The service was great, the food was out of this world! I had the filet and some stuffed mushrooms. Everyone at our table ate until we couldn't possibly eat anymore and then I took carrot cake home for dessert (we ordered the dinner for two which was a great value in my opinion) I enjoyed this place very much and it didn't feel as stuffy as Ruth's Chris. We called ahead and made reservations but we ate early (around 4:30) but by the time we were leaving the place was filling up! My husband had the prime rib and I will admit to stealing bites off his plate. My father-in-law had the cowboy ribeye and I can't believe he ate the entire thing. It was the biggest steak I've ever seen! I loved everything about this restaurant! Great experience. Thanks!

• Visited October 2013