“Kansas City Westin” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Springdale, Arkansas
“Kansas City Westin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Every year we venture to Kansas City and stay at the Westin Crown Center. Again this year it did not fail to impress. The staff is friendly and extremely helpfull. Our room was spacious and very clean. The location is perfect as the drive is very short to the "Power and Light" district is short as well as the shopping at the "Country Club Plaza". This hotel is a must stay if you are going to Kansas City and are staying near down town. Finally it is pet friendly!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Mark K- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you had everything you needed for a top notch stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to conveniently visit all the great sites and restaurants in the area. We value your business and look forward to creating another signature stay for you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stayed at The Westin as part of a large conference. The hotel was clean and conveniently located which allowed me to walk to some great points of interest. However, room security was not what I expected at a large hotel. One evening after a long day, my mom went to the wrong room on our floor. Her key allowed her to enter the room. The guest were not in their room, and she soon realized her mistake and left the room. The very next evening the very same thing happened to us. Luckily we were in the room and had our lever across the door. The people were as shocked as we were. If you are going to stay at The Westin, please make sure you lock up valuables in the safe (which I could never get open), and make sure you secure your door when you are in your room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Cheryl B- Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I truly understand how disappointing it was for you and your mother regarding the rooms keys. This is unacceptable and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We take these matters very seriously. I have addressed this with our security and front office teams to look into immediately and ensure this matter is fixed as soon as possible. We hope to welcome you and your mother back in the future to create a more relaxing experience.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The staff at this hotel was extremely friendly. Mollie checked us in and she was fantastic! She was friendly and gave us an early checkin with a smile! Our room was spacious. It had a good sized desk with lots of outlets and a mini-fridge. The lobby was nice and modern and the mezzanine had a very pretty waterfall. It is kitty corner from Union Station and accessible via catwalk. We really like this hotel. My only negative comment would be that the air conditioner could have worked a little better. It was not terribly warm in the room but I had to turn it down to 67 for the room to get to 70. It was comfortable enough that we did not complain but I am guessing the staff would have fixed it or moved us if we had. You do have to pay for internet access but you can get 30 minutes free in the lobby and print up to 5 pages for free. That was perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trish P- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a relaxing experience. We are very excited about our new lobby renovations and it is great you like the new improvements. Your business is very important to team and we look forward to creating another signature stay. Thank you again for sharing your kind words.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I needed to attend a meeting in Kansas City while traveling with our three corgis. The Westin proved to be a wonderful place to stay with dogs. They very thoughtfully assigned us a room on the 6th floor, which opens out to the back of the hotel where the rooms have "lanais" to sit outside, and plenty of shady grass for dog walking. It was peaceful, away from traffic and everyone along the wing was friendly and pleasant. Our room was spotless, though the women next to us said theirs was not. The location is convenient for driving in and restaurants in walking distance. My only disappointment in the whole experience was that I called in advance to ask if they had a list of dog walkers/sitters and they promised concierge would get back to me but they never did.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet ask for a lanai room on the 6th floor.
Green Features: We were only there one night so not sure whether they actually follow through. Many hotels give you the option of keeping your towels etc. but then ignore you choice and replace them anyway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Linda S- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to indulge in all the great sites and shops in Crown Center at your convenience. We take great pride in being a pet friendly hotel and how wonderful you were able to bring your four legged friend with you! We truly value your business and it means a lot to our team we were able to create such a signature experience for you... and your pup! We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Aliso Viejo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for a family wedding. The hotel lobby is huge! Our room was great with an excellent view. I loved that the hotel connected to the mall, so anyone could go grab a bite if hungry. The lobby bar was welcoming with great staff. The room service was prompt with good food. You can easily walk to the local attractions-- lego center, union station, with kids. It is a longer, easy walk or quick cab into downtown. We had a special event in the top floor space, even more beautiful views. The pool was great as well. We loved Kansas City and part of it was due to this great hotel.

Stayed July 2014
HollyGCali- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a great experience your family had with us and that our staff was warm and welcoming the moment you arrived. It is our goal to create as comfortable and accommodating an experience as possible and it is great you were able to enjoy all the amenities provided to you as our guest as well as soak in the beautiful view in your guest room. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed a night here to catch Amtrak's Southwest Chief out of Union Station, which is located across the street and conveniently accessed by skybridge from the hotel. All of the staff were very friendly. Our standard room was very large and had a full length window that overlooked the World War I Memorial. This inspired us to go see that, as well as explore the Crown Center area. Having stayed at Westins before, I expected a quality full service hotel experience. This one seemed to have a little extra. Our train was quite late, and it was a pleasure to have a very comfortable base of operations just a five-minute walk from room to trackside when the train finally did arrive. I'm pretty picky about where I rest my head at night, and I can't find fault with any aspect of this place. It may be pricey for some, but the convenience and comfort are well worth the investment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the World War I Memorial or Union Station. They are both a beautiful s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SteveShalit_GM, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Andrew T- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a great experience you had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating ensuring you have everything you needed for a top notch stay. We strive to create as relaxing and accommodating a stay as possible and it means a lot we were able to create this experience for you after a long day of travel. Your feedback is very important to our team and we look forward to having you back in the future.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had never been to Kansas City before and needed a hotel close to where my yoga workshop was taking place. I chose the Westin based on reviews on TripAdvisor and they were on the mark! My husband and I were extremely impressed with the hotel overall. Very helpful staff and great amenities. Check out their in hotel restaurant, The Brasserie…great food! Highly recommend the Westin Crown Center.

Green Features: Happy about the fact that you had the option to have housekeeping in for the day. If you opted out, you received a $5 voucher to use at the Brasserie!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MC- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am happy to hear what a great experience you and your husband had with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We take great pride in being a green hotel and it is great you were able to take advantage of our Make a Green Choice Program and redeem vouchers to use in our outlets for your participation. Your feedback means a lot to our team and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!