“Great Location For Fun!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Location For Fun!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel and surrounding areas were very good. I enjoyed my trip to Hallmark Corporate Office.

My only complaint would be the lack of drawers for our clothing. I did not enjoy living out of my luggage.

Room Tip: I don't have anything to share.
Green Features: I don't have anything to share. I did not take the time to review the hotel's environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Mike R- I appreciate you sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear what a fun experience you had and were able to take advantage of all the great sites and shops in the area. We value your business and your feedback means a lot to our team. We hope to have you back in the future to create another relaxing and memorable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

All of the staff made sure that the services and accommodations were superb the entire stay! It was my 1st stay and will now be my Kansas City hotel choice for family functions, meetings and special occasions.

• Stayed February 2014
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
SRHendrix- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that our staff made you feel right at home from the moment you arrived at check in. It is our goal to create a relaxing a refreshing stay and it truly is great to know your exprience was A+. We value your loyalty and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Oak Lawn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was very happy that we decided to stay at the Westin Crown Center. The hotel was great but it was the staff that was amazing. We got in late for our first night, there was a problem with the AC in the room. The hotel sent someone up right away. The room started to cool a little more but the next morning, it was getting warm again. After notifying the front desk, we were moved to another room. Aisha was the most friendly hotel employee that I have ever worked with and I have stayed in may hotels. Other staff were also very helpful. We had a great view and great service. I cannot wait to go back.

Although the pool is outdoors, it is heated and you can enter the pool from the inside and swim under a wall to go outside. You dont have to worry about being cold when you get out of the pool.

Also, this hotel is great for families because there are a lot of activities for young children. Also, if the weather is not so great, there is "Link" which is a system of hallways that connect the buildings so you dont have to go outside if you do not want to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Will B- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what an amazing stay you had with us that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you were as comfortable and accommodated as possible. It is our goal to create a relaxing experience for our guests and it means a lot to hear youreceived ths experience. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center. I am happy you were able to indulge in all the great sites and shops at your convenience. We value your loyalty and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Elburn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The location of the hotel is top notch. Provides a beautiful view of the down town area. Also, if anyone is traveling by Amtrak train, you can not ask for a more convenient location. The hotel has an elevated walkway that goes above the street level and connects the hotel right to the station. I have been there twice in the past two years and both times have been treated with nothing but the highest respect a hotel can give a customer. I would suggest this hotel to anyone that is looking for a downtown visit to Kansas City.

Room Tip: If you enjoy a great city view, the north side of the hotel provides that.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
JoedyJahns- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and were able to relax and unwind the beautiful view from your guest room! We are very fortunate to be conveniently located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy worked perfectly for you! We truly value your business and knowing our team was able to create a relaxing and refreshing experience for you means a lot. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future!
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I traveled to the Westin for a conference this year, and my experience was very positive. The lobby is beautiful and comfortably furnished. Additionally, the meeting rooms were well staffed and the environment was perfect for speakers, audience, and discussions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jenica H- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our new lobby renovations! It is our goal to create a relaxing and refreshing stay for our guests and I am happy to know you were able to receive this experience with us. We truly value your business and I have shared your kind words with our team regarding how well your meetings went with us. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future, creating another top notch stay.
DEN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I really enjoyed this Westin Property. The front lobby is recently remodeled and the elevators are updated as well. Being in the design industry, I know how difficult it can be to make elevators look attractive with all the safety codes involved. So I give my compliments to the Designer of the recent remodels on this property. The rooms aren't quite as updated, but clean, large, and efficient, with of course the Heavenly Bed!

One of my only complaints was the room temp. It was quite warm and stuffy and did not cool down easily. Other than that this hotel would have deserved a 5 out of 5.

The service was fantastic. Alex at the front desk was very attentive and found rooms for my co-worker and I close together. I also really enjoyed Paul the Bellman. I think his name was Paul. He told me he played for the Harlem Globe Trotters, and they called him Gravestone. He also told us he's been at the hotel for 41 years! Impressive to say the least.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Shelleeee- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and are happy with our new lobby renovations! It is our goal to create as relaxing and inviting a stay as possible. I am thrilled to hear about the top notch service Alex and Paul provided to you, ensuring you had everything you needed for a great stay. I have shared your refreshing feedback to our team so they receive the recognition they greatly deserve. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back as our guest in the future. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Davie, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I travel a lot and I don't sugar coat reviews but I try to be fair. The staff, especially the evening staff is what I would expect from a Westin. Professional, courteous and problem solving. Although the rooms were comfortable, the hotel appears to be frozen in time from the 1980's, very Frank Lloyd Wright-esque. This hotel is in need of a major face lift, with everything from dated elevators, to dated decor. My hotel bathroom had cracks and chips in the sink and there were other signs of wear and tear. The hotel is connected to a legoland and aquarium, but is a convention hotel so there's quite a mixture of who stays at this facility. Unfortunately, I was placed on a floor with loud and unruly families who loitered in the hallways, and allowed their children to run wild without adult supervision. Security was finally called at 4:30 A.M. and the issue was resolved after losing a night of sleep. The staff was kind enough to move my room to a different floor the next evening and gave me some spg points for my inconvenience. This is not the first time that I experienced dated Starwood properties and they don't seem to care about updating their older conference properties which I find to be problematic. Other examples are the Sheraton in SteamBoat Springs and the Four Points Sheraton in Orlando. To be fair, I have have stayed at beautiful newer Westin and Sheraton properties (I like the W's best of all), but this is not one of them. I understand that this is actually one of the nicest hotels that Kansas City has to offer and they have everything you need. Finally, I thought the $5 charge to use the gym was nickel and diming the guest. I would rather that you charge a resort fee and include use of all the facilities plus free internet in the room..... or just offer it all for free which is the trend in the rest of the country.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Legoland crowd that stays at the hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
David L- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear our staff went above and beyond to quickly and efficiently resolve any matters you encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations you experienced with the maintenance of your guest room as well as the unacceptable noise you could hear from your guest room. It is our goal to create as relaxing and refreshing a stay as possible. This is not at all what staying at a Westin should feel like. I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams to ensure these matters do not occur in the future. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention we take your comments very seriously.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!