“A great hotel for everybody” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“A great hotel for everybody”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was my first time ever in the US, I went to Kansas on a business trip and was amazed by the quality of the room, location, and good service I received there.
I spent two weeks there in a room were I could see downtown (Sprint Arena), a beautiful view. Heating worked very well for me, and this was a very important factor for a good sleep since I faced a very cold weather during my stay.
The Crown Center Shopping that is in fact an annex to the hotel have a plenty of great places to eat. I can recommend the Einstein Bros Bagels for a quick breakfast and the Milano if you want a nice meal with a group of friends. Don't forget to check the Hallmarks store there for nice gifts.
I really loved my stay there and definitely will come back someday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown, it is quite a view in the morning.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Leonardo- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. It means a lot to our team to hear what a top notch experience you had at our hotel! We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center with many great shops and restaurants right outside our front doors and I am happy you were able to indulge in all the area has at your convenience! It means a lot to our team to know we were able to create such a positive impression as your first time in the US! We value your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Coffeyville, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

A friend and I booked a room at a hotel so we had place to stay after a concert at the Czar Bar. Upon arrival at the hotel, the first thing I noticed was it was very busy property. There was a lot of traffic going in and out of the hotel. The lobby is very beautiful, and very well kept. Checking in was a very smooth process. I must note the desk agent checking us in had a stellar mustache. We were put in a room on the top floor. It had a great view of the Crown Center. I found no short comings in the room. We were going to take a shuttle to the Power & Light District to get dinner before our show. It was going to be a 20 minute wait, so we decided to walk. It was less than a 20 minute walk to the Power & Light District, so easy to do when the weather was pleasant as it was the night we stayed. We went to The Brasserie at the hotel after the show to get a drink. The bartender was very knowledgeable and very personable.

To sum it up, we had a great experience at the hotel. When I'm back in Kansas City, I will be staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
BrianW1979- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that you loved our new lobby renovations. We are very fortunate to be centrally located in Crown Center, moments away from many of Kansas City's "hot spots." I am happy the area was very convenient for you. We value your business and look forward to having you back as our guest!
Shoreview, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I flew down for a JLR training session on Tuesday the 4th of March, and while I was only there for one day, I was very pleased with the exceptional service. The hotel is in a great location, and while I didn't have the time to explore the area, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Lrgeek- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a great time you had and that our staff was able to go above and beyond to ensure you had everything you needed for a successful stay. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center with many great activites and restaurants to keep you well entertained. We hope to have you back in the future so you can indulge in all the area has to offer you. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

From the moment the shuttle driver dropped me off at the front door until I departed the hotel 5 days later, the staff at the Westin Crown Center exhibited the best customer service I have experienced in a very long time. I was greeted by staff at the door and it continued into the lobby area and at the front desk. While going through the check in process at the front desk, the concierge walked over and introduced himself and got me a glass of water! I was part of the International Folk Alliance conference that consisted of over 2,000 musicians, presenters, agencies and support businesses. There were musicians in every available space in the hotel including the lobby, restaurant, and meeting rooms. The staff maintained a pleasant and helpful attitude in spite of our takeover of their hotel. The rooms were very comfortable and roomy. The concierge gave me a discount card which came in handy in the attached Crown Center Mall. Thanks to the staff at the Westin Crown Center for not only making us feel welcome, but for being there for whatever we needed!! Beautiful hotel and great staff!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kendra T- I appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great time you had with us and that our staff made you feel welcome from the moment you arrived. It is our goal as a Westin to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible. We truly enjoyed having the Folk Alliance at our hotel. It was a lot of fun. We truly value your business and look forward to having your group back with us throughout the next few years. Thank you again for sharing your refreshing comments.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed for Folk Alliance Conference and the hotel dealt extremely well with what I am sure is a hectic and unusual event for them. Everyone as polite and helpful and the conference seemed to go very smoothly from the venue perspective. Well done for year one of the 5 year stay for our conference!

My only beef (and one that will happen only every 4th year) is that as a Canadian (and there were MANY of us), we really wanted to be able to watch some Olympic coverage - esp. hockey - in the mornings and the bar/restaurant was adamant about not "getting it" even with an advance heads up. That was kind of a bummer.

Room Tip: If you need a quieter night, get a room away form the train tracks. I personally loved the "whi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Tanya C- I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay during the Folk Alliance Conference and that our staff was able to provide quick and efficient service to ensure you had everything you needed for a successful stay. I sincerely apologize for any frustrations you encountered regarding the hours of operation for our restaurants, causing for many of you to miss the Olympic hockey game. I understand how disappointing this was for you. Our team has been made aware of this matter and will work to ensure this does not occur in the future. We value your business and look forward to having you back in the future. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Jackson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I come every year to the Weston for my Awards Ceremony with Beauty Brands...This is the only place with the most comfortable beds in the world that I can sleep all night..Thank you so much I tell everyone that's the only place to stay if your in town...large clean rooms, and beautifully decorated.As well as peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014
TabSnyder- I appreciate you taking your time to share your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a comfortable and welcoming experience our team was able to create for you and that you were able to relax in the comfort of your Sweet Sleeper bed after a long day. We truly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to create another peaceful and accommodating stay.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I really enjoyed the accommodations. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere of the hotel and the hotel room was wonderful. The restaurant was available whenever I desired, and service was excellent!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
mrs_etc- Thank you very much for sharing your refreshing feedback on your stay with us at The Westin Crown Center. I am thrilled to hear what a top notch experience you had with us and that our staff provided quick and efficient service. It is our goal to create as relaxing and refreshing a stay as possible and knowing you were able to indulge in all the accommodations provided to you at your convience is great. We value your business and look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!