“The Place to Stay in KC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Rapid City, South Dakota
“The Place to Stay in KC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Westin several times since relocating to Missouri. We have tried several hotels in the Plaza/Downtown area and have found the Westin to be far superior to the other hotels in the area. The recent complete remodel on the lobby really sealed the deal with us. Even though the lobby was a mad house due to the construction, the management always had extra people strategically located to ensure everyone was taken care of. There must be a super strong management team behind this team of professionals. From the front desk staff to the parking attendants, all of the employees have the same positive attitude that makes you feel at home. I am retired Air Force and have spent way more than my share of nights in hotels and I give the Westin my highest praise. If you are staying in KC, this is the hotel to book, they NEVER disappoint!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff for a room on a higher floor to enjoy the beautiful views of downtown KC.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
SDHDTraveler- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you and your wife consistently enjoy your stay and that our staff has always been friendly and accommodating, ensuring you have everything you need for a relaxing, top notch stay. We are very excited about the new lobby renovations and I am happy you like the improvements. It is our goal as a Westin to create as comfortable and uplifting a stay as possible and knowing our staff is able to creating this experience for you means a lot. We value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin family in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I attended the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Convention in Aug 2013 and had an excellent time during my visit. But, it all started back in April when I made my reservations. The reservationist was very knowledgeable about the convention I was attending and was able to find a room for us; we had the choice between the Sheraton and the Westin, but the Sheraton was filled. My concern was how far the convention was from the Westin to the Sheraton and was relieved when I was told it was a short walk through the overpass. The room in the Westin was outstanding; we had a beautiful view of the city, and it was extremely large with a large tv, fridge and the beds were so very comfortable! I plan on bringing my nephews back to KC to visit the Aquarium and Lego Discovery and stay at the Westin because of the special vacation packages offered and they are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Corner suite are very spacious and great if you have children; offers room to spread out.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Lynne R- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your convention and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for the best stay possible. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to enjoy all the area had to offer as well as utilize our link covered walkway to conveniently take you to Sheraton. We value your business and look forward to creating many more relaxing and top notch stays for you in the future.
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great place to stay. Hotel staff were extremely nice and accomadating. the reviews are getting on my nerves but the hotel itself was great. Liked the location. the new lobby, the bar, room service, the elevators, the staff

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Harvey O O- Thank you very much for sharing your refreshing feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was was friendly and accommodating. It is our goal as a Westin team to make sure our guests experience is as stress free and convenient as possible and I am happy you were able to enjoy all of the amenities provided to you as our guest. We look forward to having you back in the future to create another top notch stay. Thank you again for your comments.
Mahomet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were part of a large group that stayed for three days for our nephew's wedding in early August. The groom's parents had rented a two-bedroom suite on the same floor, and many of the guests used that room to gather, since it had a large living room complete with a bar. Our room was clean and spacious, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, our own included. All staff greeted us cheerfully and made us feel like we were the most important guests they were taking care of. The location of the hotel was perfect, since many of those traveling had small children to entertain. LegoLand, the aquarium, and swimming were at the top of the lists for families. The only negative was the price of drinks, which we felt was too high for what was poured - which is why we would gather in the groom's parents' suite. I would still highly recommend the Westin if you are staying in Kansas City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Maggie0403- I appreciate you taking your time to share your refreshing comments on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is so great to hear what an energizing stay you had with your family and were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your Heavenly bed! We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, with so many great attractions and restaurants for families to enjoy and I am so happy you were able to take advantage of all the area has to offer. We strive to create as inviting and relaxing a stay as possible and knowing our staff was able to create this experience means a lot. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Family again in the future! Thank you again for your feedback.
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was a perfect facility and location to hold our international conference. It has it all. My family and I were provided first class service from our time of arrival to departure. Showing up at 4:00am after driving all night, with a packed SUV, pulling a flat bed trailer hauling my "64 Chevy" for and average hotel could spell disaster. The staff catered to our every need. I was exhausted but they were great. Wow, there is so much to do within walking distance. All of the connecting shops and museum's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bullwinkle2010- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable from the moment you arrived to the moment you departed! It is our goal as a Westin to make our guests experience as convenient and stressfree as possible and it is great to know our staff was able to create this for you. We value your business and cannot wait to continue to create top notch stays for your family. Thank you again for your warm comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Love the location! Walking distance from all our favorite stops. The service was exceptional. Mood of all the other guests exciting. So much going on inside and around the Westin that there was this wonderful sense of excitement.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LoriMarble- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. I am delighted to hear what a great stay you had and that you were able to treat yourself to all the wonderful attractions an amenities at your convenience in the Crown Center Square. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center where our guests can always stay well entertained and experience what Kansas City is all about. We value your business and are so happy we could be a part of creating such a great weekend escape. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin family again in the future.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We love this hotel, I only wish we had stayed a third night. This is our second time staying at the Westin Kansas City Crown Center and we are so happy we did. We booked a club floor room and received a park king corner.

With their pet friendly service our puppy enjoyed being able to stare out the giant windows at the park across the street. In addition, there is a dog park about half a mile away. We enjoyed the breakfast on the club floor but were unable to make use of the evening drinks and hors d'oeuvres since we were staying over a weekend. We had the breakfast buffet in the Brasserie on our 2nd morning and our server was delightful. We had drinks at the bar one night and our bartender was kind enough to try and convince us to stay a third night - even talking to the front desk manager to make sure we could get our same room. The bartender also introduced us to some new delicious drinks.

The only issue we had was that the bath towels were damp and did not smell clean. I questioned if they were clean, and requested new towels. I also wish that (like other Westin properties) the club lounge was accessible all day for water, juice, coffee, etc.

Our room was very quiet and there was hardly any noise from the hallway or adjacent rooms. Perhaps that is because we were in the far corner?
All the front desk staff were very professional and accommodating. We look forward to staying here again on our next visit to Kansas City.

Visitor Tip: Check out the free tour of the Hallmark Visitor’s Center in the Crown Center. You can watch some artists work and every family received a free gift.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
kelleek- Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your recent stay at The Westin Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making you feel right at home! We take great pride in being a pet friendly hotel and I am so happy you were able to bring your dog with you on your trip and enjoy the dog park close to the hotel! I apologize for the frustrations you encountered with the towels in your guest room. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to make sure this does not happen in the future. We value your business and look forward to creating another comfortable and memorable stay.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!