“Oasis on the Kansas Plain” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Aurora, Colorado
“Oasis on the Kansas Plain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Although a frequent traveler, I rarely travel to cities that feature Westin's. Add to that the corporate travel policies (price) and my status with another hotelier, this was an uncommon experience. I scored a very good deal from their website, and headed in.

You would have thought I was a member at the highest level of the Starwood Loyalty program (I am not) based upon the complimentary upgrade, the polite and friendly staff, the excellent service, and the great room. I was sad I was only there for one night.

The Westin is attached to the unique Hallmark Crown Center retail area that has several restaurants, a Crayola Store and just a block form LEGOLAND and Sea Life. Although there for business, I can certainly see my self returning with the kids very soon.

The lobby and common areas look like they were just redone, with a lobby that has plenty of electrical outlets, seating, and a very nice gift shop without gift shop prices. Every employee I encountered seemed to think they were at Disneyland or some other very friendly place.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views of the KC skyline or the historic Liberty Tower and Union Station.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
JohnnyReb007- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear that our staff welcomed you with open arms, making sure you had everything you needed for a relaxing stay! We are very excited about the new lobby renovations that were just complete in April and I am pleased you enjoyed the new improvements! Your refreshing comments that our staff made your feel as if you were in Disneyland truly means so much and helps us to continue to create special moments like this for our guests! We are very fortunate to have a formed a new loyalty with you! We look forward to having you back in the future to create many more relaxing and memorable stays!

1,347 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I travel to Kansas City a few times each year and always stay at the Westin Crown Center. The last time I was here they were renovating the lobby area. It was nice before, but now it has been beautifully transformed. The sunken floor lounge area is gone and has been replaced with a new floor-level lounge area. It has been designed with comfortable lounge furniture and tables with plenty of power outlets for computers or cell phone recharging.

The staff here is always very helpful, friendly, and polite. I have stayed at this hotel many times and have never met anyone on staff who did not maintain the hotels high standards.

The rooms are nice and the beds are really comfortable. Two things about the room I did not like. The TV control is not very responsive and sometimes has a big delay in changing channels. Also, the sink in the bathroom was not as clean as it should have been. That is why I did not give an excellent rating. However, based on my previous experience here I do not think it is a systemic problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andy_18960- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear our staff was freindly and accommodating and that you were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of our new lobby! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the new improvements! I apologize for the issues you encounted with the servicing of your guest room. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team so we can ensure this does not occur in the future. Your loyalty to The Westin means a lot to our team and we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you back again in the future to create another welcoming and relaxing stay.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been to a number of hotels around the world. Weston always impresses.
Friendly Greeting when I arrived, and pleasant service all around. Even the Valets were friendly and helpful. You are right in the middle of Crown Center and close to Power and Light.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
erikinfl- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff welcomed you with open arms, making you feel right at home! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounding so many of Kansas City's favorite restaurants and attractions and I am happy you were able to take full advantage of all that Kansas City has to offer. Your feedback means a lot to The Westin team and we look forward to creating many more top notch stays for you in the future!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family had a large event and many of us stayed at this Westin. The banquet staff was outstanding! The rooms were very comfortable, clean and the atmosphere is family friendly. The location provides easy access to lots of attractions within walking distance.

Room Tip: I liked being close, but not too close, to the elevator, as lots of guests use same elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
ChrisH730_13- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed yoru stay and that our staff went above and beyond to ensure your family outing was a success! We take great pride in our Westin Heavenly beds and I am delighted you were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your clean spacious room! The Westin is very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded so many great restaurants, shops and attractions, perfect to keep a family well entertained and I am so pleased your family was able to take full advantage of the Crown Center! It means a lot to our team that we were able to help play a part in making your family outing a memorable experience! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was the overflow hotel for a convention that was held at the Sheridan across the street. The staff here were wonderful and helpful. I really enjoyed the amenities and atmosphere of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable as well - not too soft, not too firm. There was a glass walkway that connected the Westin to the Sheridan so it was an easy, safe walk out the elements to get to the convention hotel. I really enjoyed my time here and would stay again.

Room Tip: The walkway is on the other side of the hotel from the guest rooms. If you need to use it on a daily...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kate S- Thank you for taking your time to share your refreshing comments on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you were are comfortable as possible for your convention that was being held at Sheraton Crown Center. We take great pride in our Westin Heavenly beds and it is great to hear you were able to relax and unwind afer a long day. Our link covered walkway is a great amenity we have and it is so great it turned out to be a huge convenience for you to take you to and from your conference at Sheraton. The Westin values your business and your feedback is very important to us, helping us to continue to create renewing and memorable stays for our guests. We look forward to having you back in the future!
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My group and I were very disappointed during our recent 4 night stay at the Westin Crown Center in Kansas, MO. Service was poor; the food was poor; the standard of a typical Westin was not present. Really disappointing.

Room Tip: Food at The Brasserie was awful (worst buffet) that I have had in quite a while. Same as the night...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
elviajero1019- Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your most recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the quality of food you received as well as if our staff did not make you feel warm and welcome. This is not what staying at Westin should feel like and your feedback can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. We have addressed this issue regarding our customer service with our management teams so we can work with our staff to make sure we are providing the personal and welcoming service The Westin strives to provide each and every one of our guests. Your business means a lot to our team and we would love the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future so we can create a top notch stay, leaving you happier than when you arrived.
Davidsonville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent four days at the Westin on a business trip. VERY impressive centrally located property. Rooms are large with nice appointments. The hotel is connected to other properties through "gerbil tubes" which makes it nice during inclement weather, There is access to a shopping mall within the hotel which makes things convenient for shopping and resaturants. Union Station is just across the street as is the WWI museum. Staff is very polite and welcoming. I highly recommend the Westin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Fullimit- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax in the comfort of your spacious guest room! We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to take advantage of the convenience of the link covered walkway to take you to all the great shops and restaurants in the Crown Center area. We truly value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future! Thank you again for your delightful comments.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!