“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Heart of America
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The physical amenities at this hotel are what you would expect from a Westin. I have stayed here a few times in the last three years. Every room I have ever had was clean and comfortable. The common areas are nice. The waterfall is picturesque. I especially like the connections of the hotel to the mall, Union Station, and other attractions.

I would say the worst thing about the hotel is the parking. I always drive to this hotel. It is a long walk to and from the parking garage. If this is an issue for you, pay the extra couple of dollars a day for valet parking. It is worth it.

The best thing about this hotel is the customer service. I have never encountered a single staff member that was not professional and courteous. On one of my visits, I dropped some of my luggage in the garage. I retraced my steps, and did not see my belongings. My next stop was the front desk. Thankfully, an employee had found my luggage. A staff member even delivered it to my room.

I think all the rooms have wonderful views, but during the Holiday Season, the rooms overlooking the ice rink have a view of all the beautiful lights and the Mayor’s Christmas Tree.

I already have my next visit to The Westin reserved.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Honest_Montgomery- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to relax and unwind the the comfort of your room while enjoy the amenities provided to you! It means so much to our team to know our staff is able to go above and beyond during each of your stays to make sure you have everything you need to a comfortable and sucessful stay! Your loyalty is very important to us and we are very fortunate to have you as part of The Westin family. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to having you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Westin Crown Center in KC is an excellent hotel. I stayed 3 nights for a business trip. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. Staff is friendly and professional.

The only reason for not giving this hotel an excellent rating was the location of the room. My male colleague's room was located in the main hallway. My room was located in a far corner at the end of the hallway. There was a slight turn, and additional short hall which made getting to the door of the room obscure. As a woman traveling alone, I did feel a little uncomfortable. I would have much preferred my room location to have been in the main hallway.

Room Tip: For women traveling alone - you may want to mention that you prefer a room in the hallway - not a co...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Laura H- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating! We take great pride in our Westin Heavenly beds and I am pleased you were able to relax and unwind in your guest room. I sincerely apologize for the issues regarding the location of your room. It is important to our team that our guests feel safe. We will be more than happy to check you in to a room of your preference in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we value your business and look forward to creating another top notch stay in the future.
Independe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

A wonderful experience from the moment we checked in until the time we checked out. Excellent room service - more than we expected and absolutely delicious. Terrific view of the city. Very, very comfortable spacious room! Excellent customer service. Thank you for making our anniversary special.

Room Tip: The view from the upper rooms is outstanding.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa L- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It means so much to our team that you chose to spend such a special day with us and I am so happy our staff made you feel extra special, as well as were able to enjoy the beautiful view from your room! It is our goal to make our guests feel as welcome and comfortable as possible and knowing we were able to play a big part in making your anniversary unforgettable is great! Thank you for your loyalty to the Westin and we cannot wait to have you back in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had the amazing opportunity to stay in the Presidential Suite to celebrate my 30th Birthday and my mom's birthday as well. The whole experience was absolutely fabulous. Every member of the Westin Team was gracious and friendly, making sure that we felt welcome and that everything that you could possibly want was taken care of. The Presidential Suite was enormous! I counted 8 balconies- maybe I'm missing a number. The suite itself was modern, clean and beyond spacious, with 3 separate sitting areas, 2 huge sleeping rooms and a Fireplace in the living area. Full bar area, kitchen and huge dining room table made entertaining so much fun. 2 1/2 bathrooms, including a beyond fabulous Master Bath with a heated towel rack, huge soaking tub, Heavenly Shower and tv built in the mirror really conveyed a special sense of luxury. The real bonus is that the hotel is so conveniently located- tons of things to do within a short distance, if not attached to the hotel...but in a room like this, who would want to leave? Thank you Westin Crown Center for an amazing experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
fllconcierge- Thanks so much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so exciting that you and your family and friends were able to enjoy your birthdays in our Presidential Suite, and that our staff went above and beyond to make sure you had everything you needed for a successful stay! I am so happy you enjoyed the suite and were able to relax and unwind in our Westin Heavenly bed and enjoy our new Heavenly shower! Your loyalty means so much to our team and it is great we were able to be a part of making your mom and your birthday memorable!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We LOVED this hotel! From valet to the clean smell when you walked in the doors all the way to checking in was perfect! The staff was super friendly and accommodating. The rooms were really nice a spacious and the beds were comfy! There was so much to do at this hotel as there was a whole little city connected right to it with all kinds of restaurants. I loved walking over to Union Station through a walkway with out crossing streets. We will defiantly be back! Thank you Westin for knowing how to accommodate your guests making them feel special during their stay! 5 stars for you guys! Michele S.

• Stayed April 2013
lilspry- Thank you for taking your time to share your warm feedback on your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It means so much to our team to hear what a great stay you had and that you were able to relax and unwind in the comfort of your Westin Heavenly bed. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded by so many of Kansas City's favorite attractions and I am happy you were able to take full advantage of all there is to offer in the area. We truly value your business and cannot wait to have you back to The Westin to create another top notch stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Very happy with my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful. And the atmosphere was very pleasant & relaxing. Their restaurant The Brasserie was excellent and had a very cool style to it. And the view out our window of Crown Center was awesome. We are planning on coming back with the kids at Christmas time to look at the view of Crown Center at Christmas.

• Stayed April 2013
Bchambon- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We have recently added new items to the menu at The Brasserie and I am happy you thought the food was excellent! Crown Center is such a beautiful place to be during Christmas time and it is the perfect time of year to visit with family! We look forward to having you back and creating a memorable, top notch stay!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The stay was tremendous from check-in to check-out. The staff is always pleasurable to work with and went the extra mile this particular stay. I had some left overs that I wanted to warm up for a late dinner and thus requested a microwave. After exhausting several different routes to provide a microwave or a way to warm up my food, they politely offered a room service meal on the house as a way to make up for this inconvenience. The meal was promptly delivered and it goes to show that they truly care about their clients!

Room Tip: Corner rooms normally have some extra square footage if you are in need of additional space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
wags1323- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm comments on your recent stay at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is such a pleasure to hear our staff made you feel warm and welcome for the moment you arrived to the time you departed, going above and beyond the ensure you had everything you needed to a top notch stay. Your loyalty to The Westin means a lot to our team and we are very fortunate to have you as part of the family. We look forward to having you back again in the future to create another relaxing and memorable stay!

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!