“Hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Kansas
“Hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a great hotel, great location, great dining, and amazing relaxation! The beds are absolutely wonderful. I chose this hotel because I love Crown Center. It has great shopping and a good atmosphere for family, couples, individuals, and everyone in general. Great place to stay for any occasion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
stephanie j- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoy our hotel and are able to relax and unwind in our Westin Heavenly beds! We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you enjoy the Crown Center atmosphere! Your loyalty to the Westin means so much to the team and we look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. I look forward to hearing what you think of the new lobby that will be complete in March!

1,316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The amenities offered by the Westin, as well as their great staff, make this THE place to stay if you are spending time in KC, whether for business or pleasure. There are plenty of good places to eat/drink in the area (walking), as well as some really great museums and things to visit.

Any time I have stayed at the Westin over the years, the staff goes out of their way to make the stay wonderful. Not all places do.

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the top floors, for a great view of downtown/midtown KC.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RufusRJones- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you consider our hotel the best place in Kansas City to spend a weekend and that our staff makes you feel warm and welcome. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to take advantage of all of the local attractions. We strive to provide signature service for our guests and knowing they go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay is wonderful. We value your loyalty to the Westin Crown Center and look forward to continuing to create refreshing, memorable stays.
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Outstanding hotel with great customer service. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Check-in very quick. Front desk personnel very polite and courteous. Location is close to many attractions and restaurants. Would recommend for all types of travel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
ETA9977- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to relax and unwind in your clean and comfortable room. I am pleased our staff was able to provide quick and efficient service for you and that they made you feel warm and welcome to the Westin. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy to know it was convenient for you to visit the location restaurants and attractions so close by. We value your business and look forward to creating another signature stay with you in the future. Let us know what you think of the new lobby renovations that will be complete in March on your next stay.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Comfortable bed, great service, good food and drink, what more can you ask for! Excellent location to the Power and Light section of Downtown. Easy access in and out. If you needed help, the staff was quick to respond. I look forward to the next time I am there, to see the renovation project complete. If you need something in downtown K.C., this is where you need to stay. I will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
logrog- Thank you for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to unwind in the comfort of your Westin Heavenly bed. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to take advantage of the local attractions in the area. The Westin strives to provide signature service, and knowing they were quick and efficient, making your overall stay a success is such a delight. We genuinly value your business and appreciate your loyalty to the Westin. I look forward to creating another welcoming and memorable stay and hearing what you think of the new lobby that is complete in March on your next stay.
Conway, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for an international business organization meeting. I had stayed here a few times before. There was another conference here at the same time, and when I arrived around 9 p.m., theywere out of the original room type booked for me. My room was upgraded to the top floor (I believe the upper 5 floors are an upgrade from the first 13). Even with the remodel of the vast lobby area going on, the staff was very warm, courteous, and I had a wonderful stay. Checking in and out was swift, and the food was great, as I has breakfast in their restaurant as well as several lunches as a part of the business meetings.

Room Tip: Wonderful views from the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
James M- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and after a long day of traveling our staff was able to provide quick and efficient service, making you feel warm and welcome upon your arrival. I am happy you enjoyed your meals in our restaurant and that our meeting was a success. We value your loyalty to the Westin and look forward to providing you with signature service in the future. I can't wait to hear what you think of the new lobby that will be complete in March! Thank you again for your feedback!
Boonville, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love this hotel. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are clean and service is excellent. There was considerable renovation going on when we were there, but it in no way detracted from the attractiveness or comfort of this hotel. Check in was remarkably quick. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I have stayed in several rooms. I like the higher floors because the view is awesome.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
GinaFCM- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you loved staying with us and were able to relax and unwind in our Westin Heavenly beds! We are very excited about the new lobby renovations that will be complete in March and look forward to having you back to our hotel to hear what you think of the new improvements. We strive to provide signature service to our guests, making them feel relaxed and welcome and I pleased the service you received was excellent. We value your business and cannot wait to serve you as our guest in the future!
Belleville, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at the Westin recently as part of a weekend trip from St. Louis to Kansas City via Amtrak. The reason for our trip was to go to Legoland, which is in Crown Center. It was only logical to stay at the Westin as it is connected to both Crown Center and Union Station.

When I made the reservation, I noted that we were going to be celebrating our son's birthday. When I called the day of arrival to confirm my reservation, I again noted this. When we checked in, the front desk agent read aloud this information and said she'd make sure that the hotel would send up a goodie from room service. Since we arrived so late in the day, she said she'd send it the following night.

We were pleased to be upgraded to a corner room. There were two "balconies" that overlooked Union Station. The kids enjoyed watching the trains go by. The room was very large but the bathroom was rather small and there was rust on the ceiling above the shower head. The TV was rather old. It was very warm in our room and would not cool down even after setting the thermostat to 66. We just cracked open the windows for a while.

It was very convenient to be able to walk right into Crown Center. We liked being so close that we could run back to our room to drop off packages, take a nap, etc.

We had the breakfast buffet both days at Brasserie in the lobby. The $1 price for kids made it attractive. We had the same waitress both days and she was great.

Our last night at the hotel was a waiting game... the promised birthday amenity had not showed up, even while we were out for dinner. I let the kids stay up a little while just to see if room service would come, but nothing. I did mention this upon checkout and the front desk agent was very apologetic.

In summary - Great location. Physically getting a little run down, at least in the guestrooms and hallways. Certainly appreciated the free upgrade, but a little disappointed in the missed amenity. Westin needs to take a page out of Four Seasons Hotel's playbook when it comes to catering to children.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Shannon P- Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and means a lot you would chose the Westin to celebrate your son's birthday! We are very excited about the Sea Life Aquarium and Lego Land that are new additions to Crown Center and it is great to hear you were able to take advantage of this! We have a great package deal for these attractions on our website for your future stays. I am so happy you were able to enjoy your suite and your kids were able to have fun watching the trains from their room. I sincerely apology for the issues you enountered with the birthday amenity not arriving to your room. I have shared your comments with our Restaurant Management as well as our Front Office Manager so we can work to better communicate with our staff to prevent this from occurring in the future. This is not what staying at a Westin should feel like. We would love the opportunity to have you back in the future and hear what you think of the new lobby renovations that will be complete in March. Thank you again for sharing your recent stay.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!