“Surprised at this quality of this hotel!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
“Surprised at this quality of this hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in Kansas for a week for my job and a co-worker suggested this hotel based upon the proximity to my office. I've stayed in many other SPG/Starwood hotels all over the country and this one did not impress me one bit! It was nice that it was attached to a small shopping mall (all directed toward children!) and a few decent restaurants but the place is very, very run down. Not even a block away is the Sheraton and that is also owned by Starwood hotels. Do yourself a favor and stay there instead of the Westin. My co-worker did and our week-long stays in Kansas City were as different as black and white.

Room Tip: I did not see a spa and there was no breakfast included in my stay so I have no opinion about those...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
DogNamedBill- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay. We are currently renovating our lobby and this will be complete in March. It would be great to have you back to hear what you think of the new improvements. I hope your stay does not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels. We truly value your business and would love the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future and provide and signature stay. Thank you again for your comments.

1,336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We held our annual event here and from the great dinner in Bentons at the top of the hotel, with an awesome view, to the nightclub atmosphere of the ballroom and the great rooms that we stayed in overnight, the stay was more than we expected. The staff and service was outstanding. We plan to be back next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dave F- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and have a fabulous meal at our Bentons Event Space with a beautiful view of downtown Kansas City. The Westin takes great pride in providing signature service to our guests and I am so pleased they made you feel warm and welcome! I am so happy to hear you will be back next year. We value your business and your loyalty to the Westin Crown Center and look forward to providing another signature stay for you in the future! Let us know what you think of the new lobby next time you return!
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I spent a week at the Westin in June as part of a convention. The hotel itself was very good, as was the service and the room. My only complaints were:
1. The internet in my room was between week and nonexistent. This was the case with all of my colleagues who were also staying at the hotel.
2. There are not enough elevators to service a hotel of this size, although the hotel was quite full when I was there.
All in all, a decent experience but not as good as it could have been for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the ground, or be prepared to wait for a long time to catch an elevator!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Go_Leafs1- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with the internet during your stay. Since then, we have changed internet providers and our PSAV company is now our in house provider. It would be great to have you back and hear how the new internet connection works for you. We are currently renovating our lobby which will be complete in March and I would love to hear how you like the new improvements! Thank you again for your feedback.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Westin staff were wonderful. Had a great stay with a great room. Love the shower with the 5-star shower head. Everyone was very helpful and was more than willing to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The restaurant has great dinners. Would more than recommend to anyone if they are going to be staying in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Deborah O- Thank you for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you had a fantastic stay. We are very excited about the new showers in our guest bathrooms and I am pleased to know you were able to take a relaxing shower with our new rainfall shower heads. We truly value your business and thank you for the comments you shared. The Westin family looks forward to having you back as our guest in the future and hearing what you think of the new lobby which will be complete in March!
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I wanted to thank the Westin staff for a wonderful stay. I received outstanding service from, Sean Duke, Director of Rooms, and other Front Desk staff: Lori Jaegers, Ian Micheals, and Steve Clodfilter. I happened to be walking down the stairs when I saw Mr. Duke and he asked me if I was enjoying my staff. I told him it was perfect, except for one little detail, and he asked what it was. I told him and he said what was your room number, and we'll take care of you Mr. Wells. And he did. Now that's 5-star service.

For families the location of the Westin is ideal. It's right next to the Aquarium and Legoland, and several toy stores in the Crown Center shopping center. And a ice cream shop, perfect for the kids. There's a nice wine shop too just up the stairs from the lobby with a very high quality selection of wine and beer.

I also loved the shower with the 5-star shower head, and bed, as always.

I would highly recommend families traveling to Kansas City to stay at the Westin Crown Center because of the 5-star service and excellent location for many family activities. Be sure to ask for Sean Duke, he is just outstanding.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 13th floor. I also had a very nice view of the square with the fountain that played...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Rainmaker88- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff went above and beyond, providing 5-star service! The Westin takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am delighted to hear the location was ideal for you and that you were able to take advantage of the new Sea Life Aquarium and Lego Land! We truly value your business and appreciate your loyalty to the Westin. I am so pleased our staff was able to make such a positive impression on your stay! We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future, creating another memorable stay and hearing what you think of the new lobby renovations.
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

There wasn't anything bad I would say about my stay here- everyone working there was nice and the room was good. There are a lot of restaurants in the building, but during the weekdays they were all closed after 6:00 or so. There are also a lot of stores there. The room service food was pretty good- dinner was better than the breakfast though.

I believe the hotel was full while I was there, but the rooms were quiet- I never heard the TV's or anything else in the rooms next door. The rooms were pretty spacious also.

There were a few odd things- the closed captioning on the TV comes on by default each time so I had to always go to the settings to turn it off. And the channels change very slowly from when you push the buttons on the remote control, so it takes forever to go through them. Those are minor things though, and overall I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tc3399- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and that you were able to take advantage of the shops and restaurants located in Crown Center! The Westin takes great pride in creating a relaxing and refreshing stay for our guests and I am pleased our staff was friendly and accommodating and that you enjoyed your meals in room service. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back to the Westin when our lobby renovations are complete. Thank you again for your comments!
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised to find that in my hotel was 10+ restaurants and plenty of shopping literally just past the lobby is a small shopping mall. The personnel will bend over backwards for travelers, they were amazingly accommodating and I will most definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
MrsErinAshley- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take full advantage of the shops and restaurants connected to the Westin in Crown Center. Thank you for sharing your pictures of your stay! We take great pride of being located in the heart of Crown Center, with amazing views of Liberty Memorial, Union Station and downtown Kansas City. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!