“One of the very best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
MS
“One of the very best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I made a quick trip to Kansas City for the Christmas holiday and decided to stay at the Westin Crown Center. The hotel was decorated in holiday decor making it even more beautiful. Although the lobby is being remodeled, it did not hinder our stay. (Can't wait to see the end result!)The rooms were spotless, comfortable and quite spacious. The staff was fantastic! Cheery and very helpful. Our overall opinion of the Westin is that it is one of the very best in the nation! First class.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Jupitergirl12- Thank you for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and loved the decorations for the holidays! We are very excited for the lobby renovations which are due to be complete in March and I am happy you are excited to see the end result as well! I would love to hear what you think of the new improvements. The Westin strives to create a relaxing and refreshing stay for our guests and I am pleased they were friendly and accommodating and your room was comfortable and spotless. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back once the renovations are complete! Thank you again for your comments.

1,339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Everything about hotel is first class. Lobby is under a remodel and I am sure will be as amazing as rest of complex. Indoor access to all of crown shopping, restaurants, and union station is incredible. Short walk or free shuttle to power and light district / sprint center a major plus. No better place to stay in KC than the Westin or Sheraton at Crown Center.

• Stayed December 2012
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Joepaulv- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and found everything about the Westin Crown Center first class. We are very excited about the lobby renderings, which will be complete in March 2013, and am glad you are excited as well! The Westin takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounding so many of Kansas City's favorite attractions and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of the Link covered walkway to visit the shops and restaurants in the area! We value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to servce you as our guest in the future! Thank you again for your warm comments and let us know what you think of the new lobby next time you return.
St. Inigoes, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stay at the Westin each year when we make the trek to Kansas City to grade AP Calculus tests. I look forward to the smell of the White Tea fragrance that fills the air as soon as you enter. The hotel is in a great location - within walking distance of the Convention Center, the Power and Light District, and many other great places to eat. I look forward to going again in June, 2013.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
susanst57- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoy your stay with us each year and enjoy the Westins signature White Tea fragrance! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you are able to take advantage of the location to eat at many of the favorite restaurants in the area as well as visit Kansas City's popular attractions. We truly value your loyalty to the Westin Crown Center and look forward to serving you as our guest next year! Let us know what you think of the new lobby renovations next time you return!
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was tempted to give this a four just based on the location. Attached to the Crown Center, close to downtown, indoor walkways attached, you couldn't ask for much more. However, this is one of those hotels that just need a facelift. Everything was clean and staff was great, I have no complaints there which is the biggest thing. The was very plain an had a 80's kind of feel to it. You could tell it was a top of the line place at one time, but not at the moment. The signature Westin Heavenly bed/shower/towels/etc. made up some of that gap. From what they can control, everything here was done perfectly, it just seemed time to update a little.

Room Tip: Facing north will give you a good view of downtown and of union station.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
birdsley14- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded by so many of Kansas City's favorite attractions and I am pleased to hear you found the location convenient. The Westin strives to provide signature service to our guests and I am happy they were friendly and accommodating during your stay as well as unwind and relax in the Westin Heavenly Bed. We are currently renovating the lobby, which will be complete in March 2013, and are very excited to see the new improvements! We look forward to having you back once the renovations are complete to hear what you think. Thank you again for your feedback.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day Weekend and also after our holiday party at Union Station a few weeks ago. The Westin keeps improving each time we stay. They are doing a complete remodel of their lobby to make it even better. Over the past year, they have done rennovations to the guest rooms. I am IN LOVE with the new shower heads that they recently put in. Your stay cannot get any better than taking a shower by rainfall - that's what it feels like. The Westin is in close promiximty to Crown Center and Union Station, and they are all connected via a covered walkway. Restaurants, shopping and all the entertainment you could want is right there and you do not even have to get your vehicle out. I highly recommend the Westin! Enjoy your stay - I know I did!

Room Tip: If you are wanting a view of the KC Downtown skyline and Union Station, request a guest room facing...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Amy S- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear each time you have stayed with us, your experience keeps getting better! The Westin is very excited about the new lobby renovations that will be complete in March 2012, and I am happy you are excited for the renovation as well. The Heavenly shower in our guests room has quickly become a new favored amenity by our guests and it is so great you were able to relax and unwind under the waterfall. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of the covered walkways all of the great attractions we are so close to. We truly value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future! Thank you again for your comments! Let us know what you think of the new lobby next time you return.
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in December for work and was very pleased. I usually stay at Marriott properties; however for work reasons I will now stay here primarily. At first I was a little worried becase I am very use to Marriott properties and have always been happy there. I have to say that the staff was very nice and helpful and I am as equally happy with this property than with the Mariott properties that I usually stay at. The rooms here are VERY spacious and I loved the beds and the bathroom! The rain shower heads are great! The location is even more amzing...you can walk to some great shops and food places! If you don't want to walk for food, the restaurant downstairs has a great breakfast! I am pleased to say that I am happy to stay here and look forward to my next visit! I just hope one time I can bring my family, they would love it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Erin J- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating and that you you were able to relax and unwind on our Westin Heavenly beds. The Westin is very excited about the new Heavenly shower head we have added to our bathrooms and I am so happy you liked it. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded by so many of Kansas City's favored attractions and it is great you found the location convenient and were able to take advantage of the shops and restaurants in the Crown Center mall. We look forward to having you back in the future and creating another memorable and welcoming stay for you! Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Westin. Let us know what you think of the new lobby which will be complete in March.
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in December and only wished it was for a longer period. I plan to come back with my family soon. The rooms are very nice. What I really enjoyed was how friendly their staff is.
For me, that meant the most. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
campi4689- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and welcoming, making you feel at home. I am happy to hear you plan on bringing your family back in the future! The Westin values your business and we look forward to having the opportunity to create a warm, memorable stay for you and your family. The lobby renovations will be complete in March and I would love to hear what you think of the new improvements.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!