“Made business travel a pleasure!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Made business travel a pleasure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I hadn't been to this hotel since I was in undergrad...some years ago (smile). I was excited when I remembered it was attached to a hotel but even more excited when I arrived. It is literally right across the street from the train station and you never have to walk outside to get to the hotel. Fiorella's Jack Stack is right behind the train station so good food and great service is close. The rooms were great (love the comfortor!), the meeting rooms weren't freezing, catering was good, as well as mall restaurants and I had a fridge for leftovers and the shower is glorious. The shopping in the hotel and the mall were great! The staff was friendly. Great place to stayy if you're traveling alone too. I had no complaints...for a change.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
T H- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. The Westin is very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, with a link attached to Union Station and the Sheraton. I am pleased to hear you were able to use this to your convenience without having to go out in the cold. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your room and the Westin Heavenly Shower. We are very excited about this new amenity and happy it was glorious for you. We value you business and look forward to providing signature service for you in the future. The Westin is renovating our lobby in December and we would love to hear what you think of the finished product. Thank you again for your kind feedback.

1,341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin Crown Center. The buffet and the hotel service were excellent. Make sure you read everything about the comps you receive if you don't have your hotel room cleaned and the discounts you receive in the attached mall by staying in the hotel. I traveled into KC by train; the train station had a connecting walk way that kept you safe from walking across the busy street and saved you money from catching a cab. Don not forget to go to the fitness center, it is the best I have been in a long time. My only draw back was that the mall closed so early 6 p.m. :}

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carolyn J- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed the buffet in the Brasserie and that our staff was friendly and accomodating. The Westin takes great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, with a link that attaches us to Union Station. It is great to hear you were able to use this to your convenience when arriving and departing Kansas City and that it made you feel safe and secure. We value your business and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future! The Westin will be renovating our lobby in December, let us know what you think of the finish product.
Fredonia, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I loved taking the walkway after dark from the train station. I did not have to go outside. The front desk people were very helpful.

I had a beautiful downtown view. The room was a little loud. There is a lot of noise in Kansas City. The frig was loud too. Loved the beautiful shower, it was like being in a rain shower.

The hotel and rooms are very clean. There is not much noise from room to room. I enjoyed the lounge. Great Staff. Great food. I met William Shatner and saw Aerosmith go through. Who would think they would be in Kansas City?

The Internet sucked. You pay per device and they have two tiers. I bought the cheap tier and it sucked. I should have saved my money on that.

Room Tip: Maybe try a room that isn't on the downtown side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Paul T- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you found the Link covered walkway convenient as well as enjoyed your room with a view of the city. The Westin Heavenly shower is a new amenity we are very proud to have. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thank you for letting us know about the internet service in your room. I have shared your comments with the appropriate teams so we can work to avoid these issues in the future. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. The Westin lobby is going to be renovated in December and it would be great to hear what you think of the finished product.
Hanover, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

After sitting on a cramped plane for three hours, wrestling with ground transportation to the hotel, the thing I want most is a fast check-in and a comfortable room with a scenic view in which to relax. The Westin Crown Center in Kansas City is always among the best at meeting my expectation, but during my recent stay it seemed to go better than usual. Pleasant, friendly desk personnel greeted me warmly. They had my room ready, government rates set, sales taxes handled without hassle, and no lines. In fact, I believe I stepped onto the elevator in record time and was in my room faster than ever before. Furthermore, the concierge staff handled my materials for shipping with comparable expediency. Thanks, Westin staff for making my recent stay a comfortable and convenient experience.

Room Tip: The nighttime view over downtown Kansas City is especially fun for those of us who once lived in the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kent P- Thank you very much for taking your time to share you positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. We take great pride in the Westin customer service and it is great to hear our front desk staff was able provide quick and efficient service so you could go to your room to unwind and relax. We strive to create a positive experience for our guests, leaving them happier than when they walked in the Westin doors and I hope we were able to create that experience for you. We truly value your business and look forward to being able to serve you as our guest in the future. The Westin will be renovating our lobby in December and it would be great to hear what you think of the finished product!
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel has nice meeting facilities and very good conference/meeting food service. While the hotel itself has no spa, right out the door is a small day spa that handles massages, manicures and the usual. Appetizers and drinks in the lobby bar are well done. The adjacent mall has activities for kids but very little for the adult. The skywalk is a convenient connection to the convention center across the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MaryAnneM1007- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed the meeting spaces as well as the Unwind appetizers and drinks we offer to our guests in the lobby. This is a great way to interact with our guests and allow you to relax and unwind. I am pleased to hear you found the local attractions within Crown Center convenient as well as the link to Union Station as well as the Sheraton. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounding so many main attractions. We value you business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. Check out the great SeaLife and LegoLand packages we offer on our website for your next stay.
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was there for three nights(November 2012), and if possible, it gets a touch better each year. From the moment they greet you at the door, to the lobby, and to your room, a very helpful staff. Very quiet, very clean, just an overall wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mac O- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear our staff went above and beyond making you feel welcome from the very start of your visit to the very end. The Westin takes customer service very seriously and I am more than happy to hear it gets better for you each year. I am glad you were able to have a relaxing and quiet stay at the Westin. We value you business and look forward to serving you as our guest again. The Westin lobby will be starting renovations in December. It would be great to hear what you think of the new improvements once the renovation is complete! Thank you for your loyalty to the Westin and see you in the future.
Hannibal, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stay at the Westin Crown Center during our annual convention and it gets better every year. I have a hearing problem and asked the young lady at the front desk to make sure they would alert me in case of an emergency. She noted that they already have a plan in place, which just adds to the comfort. Very comfortable bed and great wireless network in the room so I could get my work done.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a great view - North side, I believe overlooks Union Station - West side, the Worl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at The Westin Crown Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Jim D- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you are a loyal guest to us and your stay at the Westin gets better every year. The Westin takes great pride in our customer service and I am pleased to hear they took exceptional care of you and made you feel comfortable and taken care of. I am glad you enjoyed your Westin Heavenly Bed and used the wireless internet in your room to your convenience. I hope you had a relaxing and refreshing stay with us and look forward to providing signature service for you many more stays. Thank you for being a loyal guest to the Westin. In the future check out our Club Lounge access which includes breakfast, appetizers in the evenings and internet in your room.

Been to The Westin Crown Center? Share your experiences!