“Check your credit card, for unauthorized charges, after you stay here.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Check your credit card, for unauthorized charges, after you stay here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Check in started with us waiting 30 minutes in line. We eventually got to our room, and it was nice with a great view. Bed was super clean and super comfortable. However, I just checked my online banking, and there are 3 bogus charges for things I didn't purchase. These 3 bills total over $80. Now, I have to call them tomorrow and find out what the heck is going on. Also, the pool's location is cool, but the pool itself is dirty. There is so much grime on the tiles that people have carved their names and phone numbers in it. The pool is very dated, and they need to replace the dirty glass surrounding the hot tub. The pool area looks like old and neglected. Be careful with your kids, because the pool is 7or 8 stories up, and there's only a cheap chain link fence keeping anyone from falling. Shabby pool for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Chasar5- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the frustrations at check in as well as the issues you encountered with your billing. I have addressed the issues regarding your account with our front office manager so we can further investigate where we went wrong. I have also addressed the issues regarding the maintenance of our pool with our team so we can ensure this cleaned as soon as possible. This is not what staying at Sheraton should feel like and your feedback can only help us to create top notch stays for our guests. If you would like to further discuss your stay with us please contact our Front office manager, Cory Crook at cory.crook@sheraton.com. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Finnish first
Stacy, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The room was great, the service was great. My only complaint is lack of local dining options other than fast food type places. Crowne Plaza - connected by skyway - has a good selection of restaurants, but they close early during the week. Not a good fit for a convention.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
SarahBella30- Thank you so much for taking your time to share your recent experience with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room, with the beautiful views of Kansas City right outside your window. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, walking distance to so many great restaurants and attractions and it is great you were able to utilize our link covered walkway. Your feedback is very important to our team and can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future to create a relaxing and refreshing stay.
Miami Lakes, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had to attend a wedding in Kansas City and we got an amazing deal at the Sheraton so we decided to take advantage. The room was spacious and functional to move around with a very comfortable bed. Equipped with a microwave however, no minibar available, the bathroom was small. The room service wasn’t great just average and the cleaning really poor.

The Front desk service was quick and efficient provided the amount of people checking in at the hotel over the holiday weekend. Overall is a good location to stay just for 2 nights if you don’t want to spend much. I must mention concierge service was on top of it at all times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
4theluvoflife- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and were able to relax in the comfort of your guest room, getting a great nights sleep in your Sweet Sleeper bed. We strives to create top notch stays for our guests providing quick and efficient service and it is great to hear our staff was able to offer this service. I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the servicing of your guest room. I have addressed this issue with our housekeeping team to ensure this does not occur in the future. We value your business and your feedback is very important to us, helping our team to continue to provide a more renewing experience for all guests. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future to create a signature stay.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stay here regularly when in town for business and highly recommend. The staff is friendly and the rooms are modern and comfortable. The only downside is that this location in the Crown Center offers few choices for dinner near the hotel within walking distance. The Sheraton does offer shuttle service to the Power and Light or surrounding areas which solves this problem if you don't have a car. I will definately stay here next time I am in town. A++++

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Eric U- Thank you so much for taking your time to share your warm comments on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and that our staff consistently makes you feel welcome, accommodating you with any of your needs for a relaxing stay. We take great pride in our complimentary shuttle service that takes our guests to near by attractions and it is great you are able to take advantage of this service to visit the sites and restaurants in Kansas City. We truly value your loyalty and cannot wait to have you back in the future to create another signature stay.
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My entire experience was wonderful. From checkin to checkout. I recommend this hotel anyone traveling to the Kansas City area. Spent eighth days for the ETS Reading. The staff could not have been more accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Julia W- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making you feel warm and welcome from the moment you arrived until the moment you departed. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back next year for the ETS conference to create another top notch, memorable stay.
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for a SkillsUSA convention, and everything was great. Rooms, people, facilities, everything was very nice. The employees were especially friendly, and we definitely enjoyed our stay. Also, the beds were very comfortable! We slept well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
henna44- I appreciate you taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am very pleasedt o hear you are currently enjoying your stay with us over your SkillsUSA convention and are able to relax in the comfort of your guest room after a long, busy day. Sheraton always enjoys having this convention in our hotel and we look forward to continuing to provide top notch service for you! Thank you again for your comments!
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent three nights here in June. It's in a great location with respect to attractions like Legoland and Crown Center and Union Station. Generally, it's a nice hotel - room was clean upon arrival and common areas are nicely decorated. Didn't love our stay here for a few reasons: 1) cleaning service is so late - after 4 pm. I even requested early service one day and room service pick-up. Neither had happened by 1pm. 2) I find the bed covers annoying. Top cover slips off, exposing an uncovered duvet, which I have to think isn't cleaned or changed for each guest. 3) pool area is filthy and raucous. Couldn't take the kids there on Saturday because it was overrun with 20-somethings drinking and smoking. Sunday we had pool almost to ourselves, but the dirt on the tiles above waterline is visible and I was attacked by a giant hairball in the water. Deck chairs covered in dirty water. Pretty disgusting. 4) I made the reservation, but used my husband's Starwood number. The agent didn't tell me that this would remove my name on the reservation, causing the check-in agent to give me a hard time when i checked in early with my kids, while my husband was delayed on his flight in...even with my ID. 5) random people knocking on our door at 7:45 am and 6:45 am two days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KJGK- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am very happy to hear our location in the heart of Crown Center came as a great convenience to you. I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the servicing of your guest room as well as the frustrations with the guests at the pool. This is not what staying at Sheraton should feel like and I have shared your feedback with our team so we can ensure this does not occur in the future. We value your stay and would love the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future to be able to create a more relaxing and top notch stay.

Been to Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center? Share your experiences!