“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stay here regularly when in town for business and highly recommend. The staff is friendly and the rooms are modern and comfortable. The only downside is that this location in the Crown Center offers few choices for dinner near the hotel within walking distance. The Sheraton does offer shuttle service to the Power and Light or surrounding areas which solves this problem if you don't have a car. I will definately stay here next time I am in town. A++++

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Eric U- Thank you so much for taking your time to share your warm comments on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and that our staff consistently makes you feel welcome, accommodating you with any of your needs for a relaxing stay. We take great pride in our complimentary shuttle service that takes our guests to near by attractions and it is great you are able to take advantage of this service to visit the sites and restaurants in Kansas City. We truly value your loyalty and cannot wait to have you back in the future to create another signature stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Finnish first
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My entire experience was wonderful. From checkin to checkout. I recommend this hotel anyone traveling to the Kansas City area. Spent eighth days for the ETS Reading. The staff could not have been more accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Julia W- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making you feel warm and welcome from the moment you arrived until the moment you departed. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back next year for the ETS conference to create another top notch, memorable stay.
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for a SkillsUSA convention, and everything was great. Rooms, people, facilities, everything was very nice. The employees were especially friendly, and we definitely enjoyed our stay. Also, the beds were very comfortable! We slept well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
henna44- I appreciate you taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am very pleasedt o hear you are currently enjoying your stay with us over your SkillsUSA convention and are able to relax in the comfort of your guest room after a long, busy day. Sheraton always enjoys having this convention in our hotel and we look forward to continuing to provide top notch service for you! Thank you again for your comments!
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent three nights here in June. It's in a great location with respect to attractions like Legoland and Crown Center and Union Station. Generally, it's a nice hotel - room was clean upon arrival and common areas are nicely decorated. Didn't love our stay here for a few reasons: 1) cleaning service is so late - after 4 pm. I even requested early service one day and room service pick-up. Neither had happened by 1pm. 2) I find the bed covers annoying. Top cover slips off, exposing an uncovered duvet, which I have to think isn't cleaned or changed for each guest. 3) pool area is filthy and raucous. Couldn't take the kids there on Saturday because it was overrun with 20-somethings drinking and smoking. Sunday we had pool almost to ourselves, but the dirt on the tiles above waterline is visible and I was attacked by a giant hairball in the water. Deck chairs covered in dirty water. Pretty disgusting. 4) I made the reservation, but used my husband's Starwood number. The agent didn't tell me that this would remove my name on the reservation, causing the check-in agent to give me a hard time when i checked in early with my kids, while my husband was delayed on his flight in...even with my ID. 5) random people knocking on our door at 7:45 am and 6:45 am two days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KJGK- Thank you for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am very happy to hear our location in the heart of Crown Center came as a great convenience to you. I sincerely apologize if your stay was less than perfect due to the servicing of your guest room as well as the frustrations with the guests at the pool. This is not what staying at Sheraton should feel like and I have shared your feedback with our team so we can ensure this does not occur in the future. We value your stay and would love the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future to be able to create a more relaxing and top notch stay.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If first impressions matter, you will be impressed the second you walk in. This is a vey nice highend hotel catering to special events, large groups and the neighboring convention center. Very nice, updated rooms with very comfortable beds. Biggest draw back is there is very little to walk to (other than Cashew restaurant which I also recommend). If you can score a great rate or considering this hotel for an event or convention stay, jump on it!

• Stayed June 2013
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Ga8tr- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and were impressed with our new lobby renovations. We take great pride in targeting conventions as well as families wanting a weekend getaway. I sincerely apologize if our location in the heart of Crown Center did not come as a convenience for you. we do offer our complimentary shuttle to transport our guests to mean by areas for your future stays. We truly value your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest again in the future.
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

There for a large conference of 700-800 people, utilizing both this hotel and sister hotel Crown Westin. Spacious lobby, meeting rooms were great. Good sports lounge. Elevators fast. Place seems to flow really well compared to most conferences like this. Room was clean; I went the "green" route with no maid service Mon-Fri and it worked out fine. The super large room that we ate a few meals could use some dressing up and some character/style added. In fact, some more KC history, sports, etc. on the walls everywhere would be nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
deltaboy- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your recent experience with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the meeting rooms and spacious lobby came as a huge convenience during your convention. I have shared your comments regarding the decor of Spectators with our Restaurant team so we can look into making necessary changes. Sheraton takes great pride in being a green choice hotel and I am pleased to hear you took advantage of our Make a Green Choice program. Your loyalty means a lot to our team and we look forward to creating another convenient and comfortable stay for you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here after wedding nearby. The only disappointment is that we couldn't stay longer! Our room was spacious with a great view. There was also walkways to all crown center area attractions. Great location!

• Stayed June 2013
Faith917-It means a lot to our team for you to share your recent feedback regarding your stay with us at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and enjoy the comfort of your Sweet Sleeper bed and beautiful view of Kansas City from your guest room. Being located in the heart of Crown Center is such a great feature we have and it is great the location came as a convenience for you. We value your business and cannot wait to serve you as our guest in the future!

Been to Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center? Share your experiences!