“Seriously?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
“Seriously?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

stayed March24th 2013. nice place. hotel restaurant: we were going to take advantage of the kids eat free deal....NOT OPEN.its a maze to get to the pool!! All of the stores, and some restaurants are extremely OVER PRICED!! I know I got had twice! one restaurant bill was almost as much as my hotel bill for 2 adults and 3 small children no less!! (Thanks Milano) for nothing. The service counter never answered my call when trying to order room service, the room closet molding was falling down almost smashed my sons foot. And to top it off they have no vending machines, therefor you have to use the gift store in the lobby OMG! 1 BAG OF POPCORN, ONE SINGLE PACK OF CRACKERS, AND 3 20 OZ. SODAS= $21 and some channge!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? SETUP AND HIGHWAY ROBBERY

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Myranda W- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect with the frustrations of our team not answering your calls as well as the closet molding. Your experience was not at all what staying at a Sheraton should feel like and your feedback can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. We have addressed this issue with our housekeeping team as well as guest services management to ensure issues such as this do not reoccur on any futures stays. We are the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center have devoted time and energy into building a world class brand. All of our training starts with “It’s all about the Guest”. Our goal is to transform the guest experience so that it is different, better and special, which builds guest satisfaction and loyalty.

We truly value your business and hope that your experience here will not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels or Resorts. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was booked a room at The Sheraton for a two day orientation with my new company. I spent the first night exploring the hotel and the second night walking "The Link". I had such a good time! Every other hotel I have stayed at for business purposes only offered a parking lot view and a continental breakfast. The Sheraton had a beautiful view of the city and offered way more than just a continental breakfast. I definitely recommend staying here and will be, again, if ever in Kansas City.

Room Tip: I recommend any view of the downtown area. I was on the 31st floor, and the city was absolutely bea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Adam Q- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our Link covered walkway to visit all of the create attractions in the Crown Center area! I am happy you were able to relax in the comfort of your room and enjoy the beautiful view of Kansas City from your window. Your comments mean a lot to our team and we look forward to creating many more signature stays in the future.
Malta, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My stay this year was a very pleasurable experience. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed and quite adaquate furniture. Housekeeping tidied up the room each of the three days of my stay very nicely. When in Kansas City, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
R H- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax in the comfort of your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. It is our goal as a Sheraton to have our guests be as comfortable as possible and I am happy our staff took great care of your room. We value your loyalty to the Sheraton and look forward to creating another top notch stay in the future.
st louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was pleased with our stay at the Sheraton. The staff was very friendly. We ended up staying an extra night due to weather and the hotel was very accommodating. We did not have to switch rooms. No hassle. The room was clean which is HUGE for me. My daughter went swimming in the heated outdoor pool at night even though it was quite cold outside. That was pretty cool for her. The fitness center looks awesome but I didn't get a chance to use it. Next time when I'm here on business I will make use of it. We came during March Madness although we did not come to see the games. the staff was super friendly and did not seem at all frazzled. The only negatives were the $16/day parking (really?) and the sports bar type restaurant on the mezzanine level. Not terribly impressed with the food or the attitude of the wait staff. Much better experience at the Brasserie at the Westin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ldhStLouis- Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, helping to make your stay as relaxing as possible. It is so great that your daughter was able to enjoy the heated outdoor pool! I sincerely apologize if your experience in our Spectators sports bar was less than perfect. I have shared your comments with our Restaurant manager so we can work to make sure it is a more pleasant experience for you in the future. We value your loyalty to the Sheraton and look forward to creating many more warm and memorable stays!
Casa Grande, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton twice for business. I stayed on the 33rd floor both stays and each side of hotel have great views. The room-service arrived quickly and was delicious. The breakfast buffet is worth getting up early. The check-in and check-out process was easy and fast. The bed is extremely comfortable. The only drawback with the hotel is the location. There are very few restaurants within walking distance and you are almost forced to use room-service or eat at the pub in the lobby. Overall, it’s a very nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Ssylte- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your wonderful feedback and pictures during your stay with us at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy your room service meal while admiring the beautiful view of downtown Kansas City from your room! I am so happy your staff was able to provide quick and efficient service and that you enjoyed the buffet we provide in our Terrace Restaurant. The Sheraton team truly values your business and we look forward to creating many more signature stays for you in the future! Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I came to this hotel for a job interview and was quite stressed. However, the staff was so nice I felt right at home. I was treated with warmth and respect - and being from Boston, that was a welcome reprieve! Everything in this hotel is clean and modern, right up to the fitness center. My floor was so quiet I felt like I was the only there and fell asleep very fast. The last thing I want to reiterate is how nice and helpful the staff is. I was completely lost at one point, looking for somewhere to get a salad for dinner and the security guard noticed and wanted to help. He stopped whatever what he was doing to point me in the right direction and even told me what was good on the menu. I had such a great stay - and I think this had a lot to do with how well my interview went the next day! I wish I was in the area more often, so I could stay here as much as possible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brittany W- Thank you for sharing your warm comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is do great to hear your experience at the Sheraton was the best you have had in years and that our staff was able to make you feel warm, welcome and right at home. We are very excited about all of the new updates we have done to our hotel and I am happy you enjoyed the new fitness center and found the lobby up to date and modern. We truly value your business and are so pleased we were able to help put your mind at ease before your interview. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future and creating another welcoming and memorable stay.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton Crown Center two nights - March 22 & 23. Had a good experience. Rooms are very clean and in good condition. Bathrooms have pretty marble counters and the shower heads are wonderful. Beds were comfortable. Really liked the location in that it's connected to Crown Center and you don't have to go outside when it's cold/hot outside. Very pretty hotel lobby. The only draw back is parking is $16 per night at the hotel although free at Crown Center.

Room Tip: Higher floors have beautiful views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
beccaboo2001- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax and enjoy the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and all of the other amenities provided in your room. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and I am so happy you enjoyed the location and were able to take advantage of our link covered walkway, keeping you dry and warm from the cold Kansas City winter. Your business means very much to the Sheraton team and we look forward to being able to create many more warm and memorable stays in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center? Share your experiences!