“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Iowa City
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great service, nice rooms, good location. No complaints here. Our family was there for the college basketball tournament. Two of us went o the games and two of us spent time at the nearby Crown Center and aquarium. It was very easy to navigate, both on foot and in car. Some of the reviews here seem very nitpicky and foolish. I have traveled a lot and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Only gripe: the bar and grill place in the hotel had a limited and expensive menu, but there are many options nearby.

Room Tip: Try to get a near the top, for a spectacular view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Jeets- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome! We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to enjoy the new Sea Life Aquarium as well as enjoy the excitement of the basketball tournament! We truly value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to create another warm and memorable stay for you and your family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Finnish first
Edmond, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Attended a convention at this hotel March 1-2 of this year. Had to post a $50 hold on my card for incidentals, which they promised would be removed in one or two business days after checkout. It's now the 22nd, and they still have the hold on my account, despite numerous telephone calls and assurances that the hold would be removed. (I used no incidentals.) Others in our group report the same problem. Another guest was charged $1,000 for a water dispenser that was accidentally damaged in the exercise room by a ball that bounced into it. Folks, accidents happen - especially when you have an exercise ball in an exercise room! We checked out and moved on, but can't get them to do the same!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ophitke38- Thank your for taking your time to share your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize your your stay was less than perfect with the frustrations you encountered with your hold on your account. I understand how frustrating this is. Your experience was not at all what staying at a Sheraton should feel like and your feedback can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. I have addressed this issue with our Front Office team as well as our Accounting department to further investigate the situation.

We at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center have devoted time and energy into building a world class brand. All of our training starts with “It’s all about the Guest”. Our goal is to transform the guest experience so that it is different, better and special, which builds guest satisfaction and loyalty.

We truly value your business and hope that your experience here will not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels or Resorts. If you would like to speak further regarding your billing, please contact our Front Office Manager, Cory Crook at cory.crook@sheraton.com.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We checked in an hour ago and I am so dissappointed with the check in, the service n the bell man lead person. Per our request We were given room 2806 with a city view n king bed and the bell man from outside valet was assisting w our luggage. The lead bell man in the lobby took the cart from him n said that he would finish the job m get us to our room n this is when the circus show n unprofessionali began. This person immediately began handling the luggage cart careless and rough. At one time, i had to push the insecure items on the cart due to his carelessness n inattention to what he was doing. Upon arrival to our room there were dirty good trays aligned on the wall n a broken microwave lying on the hallway...sight for sore eyes. It looked pretty shabby n s scary as if this should have been a floor marked for do not enter...remodeling area. Anyway the room key did not work n the bellman said well the room might be occupied by the looks of the dirty tray along the wall. He went to the house phone n said he was not sure what was going on. Needless to say my fiancée had to go back down to the front desk to get the error corrected. They returned to say that thr front desk clerk made an error the room was occupied n that we would have to move down to the 820 w/lo a view. The lead bellman began mishandling the luggage cart again wrecklessly to the point were my laptop bag flew off and hit the floor hard..he did not even notice. I am hopeful that there are no damages. We mentioned it to him n he did not even apologize but continued on carelessly. We had to go to another floor to get on another elevator to get to the 8th floor. I am highly unsatisfied and dissapoointed in the care and service that i have recd at this Sheraton. I am an SPG member and have never witness this declination of service at any Sheraton properties. Through all these mishaps this morning n after a long flight, we were not offered anything, credits to valet. Food or drink credits, room w a view, etc by the Sheraton staff to offset their mistakes. I expected more from the Sheraton and to make matters worse our reservation ate locked in for 4 more days...and I don't see it getting any better

• Stayed March 2013
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Ciaobellamsc- Thank you very much for sharing your comments and concerns regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with our bell staff at check in as well as the frustrations you encountered with getting checked into your room. This is not at all what staying at a Sheraton should feel like. I do hope your stay ended up better than when you arrived. I have shared your comments with our Front Office team so we can address this issue as seen necessary. Please contact our front office manager if you would like to let us know how the rest of your stay went, Cory Crook- cory.crook@sheraton.com. We truly value your business and would love the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I really appreciated the great service at the front desk upon arrival. Our flight was delayed by 4 hours and we had to push back our dinner reservations twice. By the time we got to the hotel, we had about 5 minutes to make it to the restaurant in Westport. The desk staff got us checked-in in record time and even took my bag up to the room for me. Friendliness and efficiency is always appreciated!

Our suite was fresh & clean. It had a large living room that had a good workspace and a separate bedroom. As always, the Sweet Sleeper was comfortable and the room was wonderfully quiet.

Did have an issue in the morning locating the Club Lounge for breakfast. I called the front desk to ask where the Club Lounge was and was told it was on the "top floor" and that as a Platinum member, our room keys would work to get us in. I went to the elevator and selected the top floor, which in that elevator was the 28th floor. Wandered about for a bit trying to find the lounge and eventually found a maid who took me to a different set of elevators that went to the lobby and floors 28-41. Unfortunately, my room key did not work to select the 41st floor. Went down to the lobby and received new keys. Went to the bank of elevators and got on, but those elevators only went to the 40th floor. Another staff member helped me to go to the 40th floor and then cross over to a third set of elevators that would go higher. Very confusing! Unfortunately, my new keys also didn't work but this staff member had a master key and let me in to breakfast. By this time, I was running late and had to eat in less than 5 minutes!

We have stayed in SPG hotels all over the world and this is the hardest I have ever had to work to get breakfast! My recommendation would be to put up signs and/or give SPG members a flier at check-in that explains how to find the lounge. The building layout was very confusing. Staff was quite friendly and helpful about it, but it would have been nice to not depend upon them quite so much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ciaobellamsc- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay has been less than perfect regarding the experience you had at check in and the inconvenience of moving rooms. Your experience was not at all what staying at a Sheraton should feel like and your feedback can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. I have shared your comments with our Front Office management and we are working with our staff to make sure this does not continue for the duration of your stay.

We truly value your business and hope that your experience here will not reflect negatively on other Starwood Hotels or Resorts. Please contact our Front Office Manager Maurizio Orlando at maurizio.orlando@sheraton.com if there is anything you need.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We just got back from a two-night stay at the Sheraton/Crown Center. Right in the middle of the Big 12 basketball tourny, the hotel was quite full and we were not able to get a room with a king bed. That gal at check-in noticed that we were disappointed and offered to credit the cost of valet parking for our inconvenience. Everyone was friendly and helpful along the way.

The hotel itself is beautiful - clean and spacious. The rooms were very nice. We enjoyed being able to walk to the Crown Center and on to Union Station via The Link (skywalk).

The location is very good if you are wanting to spend time in KC and not have to drive a lot. We took the cab to Martini Corner ($10 with tip), and from Martini Corner to the Sprint Center (also $10). If you did decide to drive in the area, it's easy to navigate, and parking is not a big problem.

On Saturday night, there is a tolley that runs through the downtown area to places like: Westport, Plaza, Sprint Center, and more. For $10, you can see the sights of several neighborhoods - and then get dropped off next to Crown Plaza within easy walking distance.

Union Station, Hallmark, the Federal Reserve, a few parks, shopping, great restaurants, and all types of bars are close enough to this hotel to really enjoy the sights and fun of KC!

Room Tip: The gal who checked us in had asked if we wanted a room on a higher floor, one with a view, or what...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
MaryAnn G- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear what a fantastic stay you had with us! I apologize we were unable to get your preferred bed type, but I am so happy our staff was able to compensate you for this inconvenience! The Sheraton is very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great you were able to take such advantage of all the fun sites Kansas City has to offer! Your kind words mean very much to our team and we are very excited to be able to create another warm and memorable stay for you in the future! Check out our club lounge in the future which includes breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the even and a beautiful view of downtown Kansas City from the very top floor of the Sheraton.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I want to commend the staff at the Sheraton at Crown Center in Kansas City, MO. They went above and beyond to make my birthday get-a-way trip a great time. We recieved an email the day before we arrived asking if they could do anything to assist with our trip. They accommodated every request plus added a few extras. I have never been treated so special by a hotel staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Mary F- Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went above and beyond to create a memorble and outstanding birthday! It means so much to our team that you chose our hotel to celebrate! It is our goal as a Sheraton to make our guests feel happier than when they left. You are a valued guest to our hotel and I am so happy they made you feel special! We look forward to creating another memorable stay for you in the future! Happy Birthday!
Clayton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This property exceeded my expectations in every way. The level of service was top-drawer, accomodations were clean and comforatble, lobby area was attractive, dining was great, & you can't beat the location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jim R- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations! The Sheraton strives to create a warm and welcoming stay for our guests and knowing our staff went above and beyond to ensure you had a comfortable stay is great! We are very excited about the new lobby renovations and I am happy you like the new improvements! It means so much to our team that we were able to create a signature stay for you! We value your business and look forward to having the opportunity so serve you as our guest in the future.

Been to Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center? Share your experiences!