We just got back from a two-night stay at the Sheraton/Crown Center. Right in the middle of the Big 12 basketball tourny, the hotel was quite full and we were not able to get a room with a king bed. That gal at check-in noticed that we were disappointed and offered to credit the cost of valet parking for our inconvenience. Everyone was friendly and helpful along the way.
The hotel itself is beautiful - clean and spacious. The rooms were very nice. We enjoyed being able to walk to the Crown Center and on to Union Station via The Link (skywalk).
The location is very good if you are wanting to spend time in KC and not have to drive a lot. We took the cab to Martini Corner ($10 with tip), and from Martini Corner to the Sprint Center (also $10). If you did decide to drive in the area, it's easy to navigate, and parking is not a big problem.
On Saturday night, there is a tolley that runs through the downtown area to places like: Westport, Plaza, Sprint Center, and more. For $10, you can see the sights of several neighborhoods - and then get dropped off next to Crown Plaza within easy walking distance.
Union Station, Hallmark, the Federal Reserve, a few parks, shopping, great restaurants, and all types of bars are close enough to this hotel to really enjoy the sights and fun of KC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center is located downtown near the Kauffman Performing Arts Ctr and other attractions. Our hotel has 5 on-site dining options and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel At Crown Kansas City
- Hyatt Regency Kansas City
- Hyatt Kansas City